Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
20
28
... LastLast
  1. #341
    The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,243
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Stop letting it derail the thread, ignore it.
    Pathetic, isn't it? It's literally a rear guard defense on why the majority should accept minority rule based on a child's reading of history and threats to leave the union if they aren't allowed to make cultural determinations for the entire country.

    This thread got real sad real fast.

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    1) Clinton didn't exactly "sweep" the South. And he and Gore were both Southerners
    2) Carter won after the national shame that was Nixon's criminality, and he himself was...also a Southerner
    3) I noticed you dropped the 60's this time around; perhaps you remembered that 5/6 of the states the GOP won in 1964 were in the Deep South? And that Democrats didn't win any Southern states in 1968- George Wallace did?

    Maybe you can explain yourself why the block of states that used to be reliably Democratic is now reliably Republican?
    What in the world? Do you understand that Wallace was a Democrat? He ran as a Democrat like every single election basically before and after that. He just didn't win the Democratic primaries because there was a stronger candidate: Lyndon B. Johnson.

    As I said before, this is history. It's irrefutable.

    And the block of states that was once Democratic is now Republican due to voting on actual issues and not skin color - 30 years later. Claiming that it was some magical switch through which no evidence can actually bare out is preposterous.

    The woefully lacking Democratic talking point of change taking time is incorrect. It would be much more notable if, like I said, Democrats were actually switching parties but they weren't.
    Last edited by seashell86; 2020-09-28 at 01:20 AM.

  3. #343
    The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Maybe you can explain yourself why the block of states that used to be reliably Democratic is now reliably Republican?
    I'm only going to dignify this with one post because I think you'll appreciate it. Here's Kevin Kruse, citing texts and primary sources, on how the South shifted.

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Pathetic, isn't it? It's literally a rear guard defense on why the majority should accept minority rule based on a child's reading of history and threats to leave the union if they aren't allowed to make cultural determinations for the entire country.

    This thread got real sad real fast.
    when the authoritarian left wingers get into power they can make those reeducation camps in the likes of the CCP. i'm sure it will be for the best.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

  5. #345
    So have we come around to simultaneously arguing that land mass > people and denying the party realignment happened in the ~60s in the same thread at the same time? Amazing.

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    when the authoritarian left wingers get into power they can make those reeducation camps in the likes of the CCP. i'm sure it will be for the best.
    Jesus christ the fucking hyperbole.

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    So have we come around to simultaneously arguing that land mass > people and denying the party realignment happened in the ~60s in the same thread at the same time? Amazing.
    Naw they arguing over letting folks form their own countries under laws they like instead of subjecting the two sides to the rule of the other. But perusal the authoritarian left won't let folks leave.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

  8. #348
    Are people really still trying to defend white supremacy??

    Yep...
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  9. #349
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    51,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Naw they arguing over letting folks form their own countries under laws they like instead of subjecting the two sides to the rule of the other. But perusal the authoritarian left won't let folks leave.
    As with Brexit:

    It's not that we aren't letting you, it's that you'd be stupid to do so.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  10. #350
    The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    when the authoritarian left wingers get into power they can make those reeducation camps in the likes of the CCP. i'm sure it will be for the best.
    I don't give a shit what you malfunction is or what shallow end of the internet you pull your trash from. The basis of the problem at hand is that a minority is attempting to grab power through institutions and those opposed to them have the majority to render them politically irrelevant for a generation. It's looking likely that the only thing that may be holding Democrats back in January is an unwillingness to be ruthless with their fellow countrymen.

    That won't last if this continues.

  11. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    As with Brexit:

    It's not that we aren't letting you, it's that you'd be stupid to do so.
    The arrogance of the left dictating what is or isn't stupid and using force to stop folks is the prime example of why we are in this mess of distrust and hatred. Remember when the religious right did the same shit and how awful it was for those in society who didn't adhere with the enforced morals? Stop being the same.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

  12. #352
    Quote Originally Posted by seashell86 View Post
    What in the world? Do you understand that Wallace was a Democrat? He ran as a Democrat like every single election basically before and after that. He just didn't win the Democratic primaries because there was a stronger candidate: Lyndon B. Johnson.
    And maybe, just maaaaaaybe the reason that Wallace ran as an independent AGAINST his former party...and pulled several Southern States was...wait for it...to keep segregation a thing?
    "As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    -H.L. Mencken, 1920

  13. #353
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    51,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    The arrogance of the left dictating what is or isn't stupid and using force to stop folks is the prime example of why we are in this mess of distrust and hatred. Remember when the religious right did the same shit and how awful it was for those in society who didn't adhere with the enforced morals? Stop being the same.
    What morality are we forcing on "folks", exactly?

    Like I'm curious, y'all keep talking about us trying to force things on you but never actually seem to elaborate what said things are.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  14. #354
    The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    The arrogance of the left dictating what is or isn't stupid and using force to stop folks is the prime example of why we are in this mess of distrust and hatred. Remember when the religious right did the same shit and how awful it was for those in society who didn't adhere with the enforced morals? Stop being the same.
    I'm sorry, but no one is going to just let you guys throw 20 million people off their health insurance, force a child to carry her daddy's rape baby, or force us all to contribute to your religious bullshit through taxes while you sneer at us.

  15. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    I don't give a shit what you malfunction is or what shallow end of the internet you pull your trash from. The basis of the problem at hand is that a minority is attempting to grab power through institutions and those opposed to them have the majority to render them politically irrelevant for a generation. It's looking likely that the only thing that may be holding Democrats back in January is an unwillingness to be ruthless with their fellow countrymen.

    That won't last if this continues.
    we are already there. get used to it.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

  16. #356
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    51,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    we are already there. get used to it.
    We aren't.

    The fact most of the protests this year have been peaceful is demonstration of that. Y'all are being humoured.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  17. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    I'm only going to dignify this with one post because I think you'll appreciate it. Here's Kevin Kruse, citing texts and primary sources, on how the South shifted.
    Ooh, nice! Thanks for the link.
    "As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    -H.L. Mencken, 1920

  18. #358
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    I'm only going to dignify this with one post because I think you'll appreciate it. Here's Kevin Kruse, citing texts and primary sources, on how the South shifted.
    Anyways, here's Malcolm X nuking all that silliness from orbit. You should probably listen to it all but, if it even matters that you are wrong, it starts at about 2:20.

    https://youtu.be/23diDJ8V5yo

    People like to point out that over 30 years there were Democrats that decided "maybe slavery is bad" is somehow evidence of them having not been the slavery party?

    The fact of the matter is that, and this is the point I'm trying to continuously make here, is that the Republicans did not switch to become Democrats.

    But to pretend like Democrats do not continue to use race baiting tactics to this day is just ignorant. Absolutely ignorant.

    The good news it that African Americans, finally, are waking up to it. So, in many ways, it's better now than never.
    Last edited by seashell86; 2020-09-28 at 01:33 AM.

  19. #359
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    the authoritarian left
    You keep saying that. Demonstrate it. Or shut up. Choice is yours.

  20. #360
    The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    we are already there. get used to it.
    I think you should go back and reread the entire thread because the response to exactly this dumb of a post is there. Just because you don't understand basic civics and how government works doesn't mean you get a participation trophy, champ.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by seashell86 View Post
    Anyways, here's Malcolm X nuking all that silliness from orbit. You should probably listen to it all but, if it even matters that you are wrong, it starts at about 2:20.

    https://youtu.be/23diDJ8V5yo
    Malxolm X isn't a Princeton historian who posted primary evidence and a couple of actual historical texts. If you think I'm going to give your sorry bullshit the time of day while you refuse to engage with actual data you're sorely mistaken.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •