Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    You keep saying that. Demonstrate it. Or shut up. Choice is yours.
    Hey, man, leave him be, its all he has! Don't take it away from him

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    I think you should go back and reread the entire thread because the response to exactly this dumb of a post is there. Just because you don't understand basic civics and how government works doesn't mean you get a participation trophy, champ.

- - - Updated - - -

Malxolm X isn't a Princeton historian who posted primary evidence and a couple of actual historical texts. If you think I'm going to give your sorry bullshit the time of day while you refuse to engage with actual data you're sorely mistaken.
    What I'm trying to figure out is how you can look at a man (Princeton or otherwise) linking instances of some Democrats changing their minds on their pro slavery stance as somehow grounds for a victory.

Very bizarre chain of logic.

The point that you never, ever seem to substantiate is the fact that the Republicans NEVER switched en masse to Democrat. Because, after all, why would they?

So I guess you can "not give my sorry bullshit the time of day" but considering how hilariously left leaning academia is, and that is the best you could do, I'm finding your case a bit wanting.

And, I suppose you're right. Malcolm X's only credentials are BEING ALIVE AND BLACK IN THAT TIME. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by seashell86 View Post
    The point that you never, ever seem to substantiate is the fact that the Republicans NEVER switched en masse to Democrat. Because, after all, why would they?
    You're right, they wouldn't. It was racist Democrats who switched to the Republican party when the latter started supporting racist policies. Obviously.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    What I'm trying to figure out is how you can look at a man (Princeton or otherwise) linking instances of some Democrats changing their minds on their pro slavery stance as somehow grounds for a victory.
    You should actually read his argument instead of directly misstating it like this. I mean, we both know you're dishonest here. The link is present, and with the hilariously loaded language you use in every post not many are ever going to take you seriously. Have fun being a joke!

You're right, they wouldn't. It was racist Democrats who switched to the Republican party when the latter started supporting racist policies. Obviously.
    Ahaha.

Wait, are you serious?

Yiiiikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    The arrogance of the left dictating what is or isn't stupid and using force to stop folks is the prime example of why we are in this mess of distrust and hatred. Remember when the religious right did the same shit and how awful it was for those in society who didn't adhere with the enforced morals? Stop being the same.
    I think I'll just post what I said to the last person who called me "arrogant".

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    I can assure you, if I have ever come to that conclusion, it is because the right told me this was the case. The right said I’m a bad person for having empathy and morality (“woke”, “SJW”, “virtue-signaling”). They said that I must provide evidence to my claims (because I can), while they don’t have to (because they can’t). They said that they don’t have to explain their worldview, while I do (again, because they can’t). They even go so far as to attempt to censor me, rather than fail to refute my arguments.

Given all of this, what conclusion SHOULD I draw?
    Also, the problem with the religious right wasn't that they ascribed to a certain moral framework. It was that they were materially harming people.

- - - Updated - - -

Very bizarre chain of logic.

So I guess you can "not give my sorry bullshit the time of day" but considering how hilariously left leaning academia is, and that is the best you could do, I'm finding your case a bit wanting.

And, I suppose you're right. Malcolm X's only credentials are BEING ALIVE AND BLACK IN THAT TIME. Lol.
    Ok.

So what are Republicans doing to abolish the prison industrial complex? If they're so anti-slavery, they surely they're doing SOMETHING.
    MMO-Champion Off-Topic's voice of reason.
    If you're mad at me, rest assured it's only because I'm smarter than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Ahaha.

Wait, are you serious?

Yiiiikes.
    I know, it's pretty funny that the rest of us are unwilling to live in your alternate reality where things that actually happened never actually happened because otherwise you might have to reevaluate your (presumably) shitty beliefs. But you're just going to have to accept that fact and move on with your life.

I think I'll just post what I said to the last person who called me "arrogant".

Also, the problem with the religious right wasn't that they ascribed to a certain moral framework. It was that they were materially harming people.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok.

So what are Republicans doing to abolish the prison industrial complex? If they're so anti-slavery, they surely they're doing SOMETHING.
    Combatting the "prison industrial complex" (if that even exists to the degree you are claiming)? Um, how about starting with prison reform in collaboration with a myriad of respectable left leaning individuals such as Van Jones?

- - - Updated - - -

I know, it's pretty funny that the rest of us are unwilling to live in your alternate reality where things that actually happened never actually happened because otherwise you might have to reevaluate your (presumably) shitty beliefs. But you're just going to have to accept that fact and move on with your life.
    So, to be clear, you want me to accept the fact that over time, Republicans having always done the right thing with freeing the slaves and so on, attracted repentant Democrats. It is literally happening again right in front of our eyes with movements such as WalkAway and Blexit.

I mean, yes, obviously. Why are we arguing about this?

What did not happen en masse, however, and sadly enough for Democrats is a massive shift of Republicans to Democrat.

Because, you know, they were too busy being fucking right literally all the time historically on all the issues that mattered of which there was abolishing slavery, women's suffrage, the Civil Rights Act, and so on.

But okay, I guess.

Cool story, bro.

And again, this one is important too, have you ever stopped to take a second and evaluate just the optics of how full of shit the party alignment story just looks? I mean it looks like the kid caught dead to rights with their hand in the cookie jar trying to blame their sister sitting half way across the room.

But, no, you're totally right. Because Democrats are morally superior to all.

In spite of, of course, the Democratic presidential candidate (a segregationist) saying in 1977 that segregating schools would turn them into a "racial jungle."

Of course, there are tons of other fun little subconscious woopsies to choose from that Joe Biden has "blessed" us with over the years.
    Last edited by seashell86; 2020-09-28 at 01:56 AM.

Combating the "prison industrial complex" (if that even exists to the degree you are claiming)? Um, how about starting with prison reform in collaboration with a myriad of respectable left leaning individuals such as Van Jones?
    1. Here you go.

2. What do those reforms entail, exactly?

1. Here you go.

2. What do those reforms entail, exactly?
    Here is a link for you.

I'm just trying to make the point that, sadly, Democrats are not the moral superheroes they think they are. Republicans are not perfect but, if we are going to actually start throwing rocks, Democrats better be prepared for their racist pro-slavery history to come up.

I think if Democrats did not take such a hard fast stance on being "morally superior" to everyone else, they wouldn't invite this obvious historical failure on their part.
    Last edited by seashell86; 2020-09-28 at 02:04 AM.

Pit Lord
    Bravo for dipping in with the lowest effort 'uhm but actually the democrats were always the super racists, tee-hee~' and getting the thread derailed for the last five pages. I mean it could be worth actually discussing the topic at hand but you all do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Bravo for dipping in with the lowest effort 'uhm but actually the democrats were always the super racists, tee-hee~' and getting the thread derailed for the last five pages. I mean it could be worth actually discussing the topic at hand but you all do you.
    Well, the reason why it comes up is because it always ends up devolving into "but Republican/Orange Man racist tho." To which, any self respecting individual who wasn't completely asleep in history class replies with "but Democrats were the racist pro-slavery party tho."

That's how these threads get derailed. They get derailed because the historical "bad guys" start pointing fingers at the historical "good guys" and then get pouty when they have to face the reality that their party's history is kind of dark and dreary.

And all of the "but organization X supports Republicans" and "but parties switched" arguments seem to completely fall by the wayside when you realize that the Democratic party is still using superficial immutable properties to frame their views of reality.

That's why people are bailing on them. The worst thing about the information age is just how liberal much of the media has become and how misinformed liberals are in the 21st century.

Combatting the "prison industrial complex" (if that even exists to the degree you are claiming)? Um, how about starting with prison reform in collaboration with a myriad of respectable left leaning individuals such as Van Jones?

- - - Updated - - -

So, to be clear, you want me to accept the fact that over time, Republicans having always done the right thing with freeing the slaves and so on, attracted repentant Democrats. It is literally happening again right in front of our eyes with movements such as WalkAway and Blexit.

I mean, yes, obviously. Why are we arguing about this?

What did not happen en masse, however, and sadly enough for Democrats is a massive shift of Republicans to Democrat.

Because, you know, they were too busy being fucking right literally all the time historically on all the issues that mattered of which there was abolishing slavery, women's suffrage, the Civil Rights Act, and so on.

But okay, I guess.

Cool story, bro.

And again, this one is important too, have you ever stopped to take a second and evaluate just the optics of how full of shit the party alignment story just looks? I mean it looks like the kid caught dead to rights with their hand in the cookie jar trying to blame their sister sitting half way across the room.

But, no, you're totally right. Because Democrats are morally superior to all.

In spite of, of course, the Democratic presidential candidate (a segregationist) saying in 1977 that segregating schools would turn them into a "racial jungle."

Of course, there are tons of other fun little subconscious woopsies to choose from that Joe Biden has "blessed" us with over the years.
    You ignored that Trump has a fucking white supremacist leading his immigration policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

So, to be clear, you want me to accept the fact that over time, Republicans having always done the right thing with freeing the slaves and so on, attracted repentant Democrats.
    Hearing you talk about it, I think I finally understand where the type of reality denial you've displayed here comes from. So you've been useful for something, at least. I think in the past I never fully appreciated that you people actually believe that the people burning crosses and bombing black churches would have voted for Lincoln.

You do realize that it (I assume you're referring to the First Step Act) happened because the GOP moved to where the Democrats had already been for a while, right?
    "As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    -H.L. Mencken, 1920

Here is a link for you.
    Ok, let's take a look.

Oh, this is pretty damning...

But as Trump claims credit for freeing people from prison, there’s one very big problem that he’s not mentioning: His Justice Department is actively pushing to send some of these same people back behind bars, and to prevent others from reducing their sentences—which greatly limits who can benefit from the law that Trump has touted as one of his signature achievements.
    Man, you should really take another look at your sources. How embarrassing.

I'm just trying to make the point that, sadly, Democrats are not the moral superheroes they think they are. Republicans are not perfect but, if we are going to actually start throwing rocks, Democrats better be prepared for their racist pro-slavery history to come up.

I think if Democrats did not take such a hard fast stance on being "morally superior" to everyone else, they wouldn't invite this obvious historical failure on their part.
    Sounds like we should embrace communism.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You ignored that Trump has a fucking white supremacist leading his immigration policy.
    What I find cute is just how few white supremacists there actually are compared to how many most modern liberals think there are.

I have literally never once met an actual conservative that feels race is a useful metric for anything other than how like someone is to vote Democrat because of how masterfully they have been able to manipulate minorities.

That's literally it.

What I find cute is just how few white supremacists there actually are compared to how many most modern liberals think there are.

I have literally never once met an actual conservative that feels race is a useful metric for anything other than how like someone is to vote Democrat because of how masterfully they have been able to manipulate minorities.

That's literally it.
    What I find cute, is that you are trying to excuse white supremacy.

Once again, Stephen Miller says you are lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

To which, any self respecting individual who wasn't completely asleep in history class replies with "but Democrats were the racist pro-slavery party tho."
    Nobody is arguing that the Democrats weren't the party of slavery historically.

But then Civil Rights happened, which was a large catalyst for the gradual coalescing of social conservatives (and in the South, these tended to be segregationists) into the Republican Party.
    "As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    -H.L. Mencken, 1920

About 10%.

That's literally it.
    Really? Republicans get ANGRY at me for being Jewish all the time.