Page 27 of 59 FirstFirst ...
17
25
26
27
28
29
37
... LastLast
  1. #521
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, this is 100% him... no need to provide “trolling” as cover... this is 100% reflection of his character.
    I know, I'm being polite.

  2. #522
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Funny... because...

    That’s a strange thing to say for someone who doesn’t care. Is it dems fault that you got so wound up, you posted explicit sexual content about minors in a gaming forum, to defend a murderer?

    Edit: Full disclosure, I am the one who reported you for that.

    Do you not care or do you take political actions personally?

    What?

    Edit: Here is novel idea... How about we don’t let people who consider their fellow Americans as some unrepentant enemy, select SCOTUS judges... or have any judicial power what so ever?
    Don't go twitsting the truth. I posted a a judicial document, a sentencing of a stupid dead pedohile who sexually abused five little boys aged from 5 to 11, describing the wicked things the dead pedophile you feel so strongly about defending committed. That the truth of it upset you enough to report me, tells me all I need to know about you. For one, I would not let any children near you, or in your vicinity. I'm glad you came out openly.

    Now lets stick to the discussion at hand. Are you capable of that, or do you feel the need to defend your "tendencies" as something "natural" or "normal"?

    Both sides consider their fellow Americans as some unrepentant enemy. You can thank your side for that.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-28 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

  3. #523
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    there is no right to an abortion in the constitution. Your logic does not apply.

    Why would I help pay for other peoples abortions? If you can't book a day off and don't have a friend or someone that can drive you across state lines? Or maybe take some responsibility and realize that even when using protection, you are consenting to all the possibilities that can happen from sex. IE. STDs, getting pregnant, etc.
    The 14th Amendment disagrees with you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Don't go twitsting the truth. I posted a a judicial document, a sentencing of a stupid dead pedohile who sexually abused five little boys aged from 5 to 11, describing the wicked things the dead pedophile you feel so strongly about defending committed. That the truth of it upset you enough to report me, tells me all I need to know about you. For one, I would not let any children near you, or in your vicinity. I'm glad you came out openly.

    Now lets stick to the discussion at hand. Are you capable of that, or do you feel the need to defend your "tendencies" as something "natural" or "normal"?

    Both sides consider their fellow Americans as some unrepentant enemy. You can thank your side for that.
    You support a guy who owned a pageant where he peeped in on underage girls...

    Oh, the irony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  4. #524
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    there is no right to an abortion in the constitution. Your logic does not apply.

    Why would I help pay for other peoples abortions? If you can't book a day off and don't have a friend or someone that can drive you across state lines? Or maybe take some responsibility and realize that even when using protection, you are consenting to all the possibilities that can happen from sex. IE. STDs, getting pregnant, etc.
    This is such an antiquated and idiotic argument that it baffles me how people like you are accepted in society. Travelling across state lines for a medical procedure? Are you living in the middle ages where proper medical care is not provided in your local area?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  5. #525
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    51,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    This is such an antiquated and idiotic argument that it baffles me how people like you are accepted in society. Travelling across state lines for a medical procedure? Are you living in the middle ages where proper medical care is not provided in your local area?
    It’s also doubly stupid and baffling since it seems to be implying that the costs to society for an unplanned or unwanted pregnancy are less than that of just publicly funding abortion.

    But hey we all knew the fiscal arguments were a fig leaf for the misogyny from the get go, the only difference being the degree to which a given Republican is aware that the pro-life movement is a scam.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  6. #526
    The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    This is such an antiquated and idiotic argument that it baffles me how people like you are accepted in society. Travelling across state lines for a medical procedure? Are you living in the middle ages where proper medical care is not provided in your local area?
    Man, wait until you hear how many of these people want to punish those who cross state lines for this medical procedures too. Like I said very early in this thread, the entire point is to force participation on the rest of the country in their belief system through institutional means and forced funding.

  7. #527
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    51,638
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Man, wait until you hear how many of these people want to punish those who cross state lines for this medical procedures too. Like I said very early in this thread, the entire point is to force participation on the rest of the country in their belief system through institutional means and forced funding.
    Meanwhile, people said forcing participation seem to think not being able to level woodland en masse for the exploitation of a few landed aristocrats is an equally as egregious example of oppression.

    You've heard of First World Problems, get ready for Landed Gentry Problems.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  8. #528
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    The best long term solution is to admit the country is too fractured to survive and figure out a way to split it into smaller countries that are able to meet the wants and needs of their populations in less contentious manners without resorting to a civil war.
    Maybe we could just respect the first amendment's guarantee of freedom from religion and be done with it.

    On topic, how do you think Barrett would vote on the issue of ICE forced sterilizations of Hispanic women in custody awaiting deportation hearings? Surely you must have an opinion on this horrifying example of genocide by your elected officials?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

  9. #529
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    51,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Maybe we could just respect the first amendment's guarantee of freedom from religion and be done with it.

    On topic, how do you think Barrett would vote on the issue of ICE forced sterilizations of Hispanic women in custody awaiting deportation hearings? Surely you must have an opinion on this horrifying example of genocide by your elected officials?
    We might need to wait for an answer, because given Serena Joy's stated beliefs she might need to ask her husband what her judicial opinion should be.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  10. #530
    The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Meanwhile, people said forcing participation seem to think not being able to level woodland en masse for the exploitation of a few landed aristocrats is an equally as egregious example of oppression.

    You've heard of First World Problems, get ready for Landed Gentry Problems.
    There's a lot of that going around. We can't get the EPA to do anything about the asbestos laden abandoned plant around where I live, but we've been throwing money at farm subsidies. There's a lot of building anger, and if things continue to break the way they are the Democrats will have every incentive to rebalance the Senate and Court just to begin addressing issues their constituents face.

  11. #531
    You don't think she's actually Catholic? I feel like in modern societies, religion is a) a club membership, b) good PR and possibly c) an argument if it suits your case you you happen to need one (ie. can't wreck your brain for an original thought on your own).
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  12. #532
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    22,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    You don't think she's actually Catholic? I feel like in modern societies, religion is a) a club membership, b) good PR and possibly c) an argument if it suits your case you you happen to need one (ie. can't wreck your brain for an original thought on your own).
    Its hard to say what someone "really" is but Catholics have a pretty structured governing body that says these "XYZ are out platforms and even if you're not the most devoted person there's a bare minimum". They have guy who is like "yeah that's cool' or 'nah, we're not cool with that. It's easier to hit them with a litmus test that a Protestant.

    I've been reading up on her and she seems like someone who might call herself a Catholic for clout, maybe because she was raised Catholic, but all over her platforms that stem from religious beliefs scream "Conservative Right-Wing Christian" which has basically become its own denomination...almost it's own religion.

    She is truly religious. Not sold on the Catholic part except having a ton of kids.

  13. #533
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    29,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Dems are so butthurt over her, they started her attacking on the grounds of her religion. She happens to be a Catholic. So is Joe Biden. Every attack against Barret will only hurt Biden.

    As for the process of her confirmation, I expect she'll be confirmed a week before elections for maximum effect. Trump know the voters wouldn't forgive any Republicans who'd vote against her. Even Mitt Romney realises that.

    I would prefer if the Senate completely skipped the hearings and went for the vote directly. Just to demonstrate to the Democrats what they created when they chaanged the laws, and so brutally and without conscience attacked Kavanaugh.

    I find the attackes on Barret by vector of her adopting black children to be laughable. Left is now claiming it's racist to adopt black children. Wow. Tell that to Hollywood. I'm sure they'll be willing to return those poor orphans where they found them in order not to be branded racists.

    I'm just waiting now to see how they spin a sex assault allegation against Barret at the 11th hour. The thing is, it won't work. The spell was broken with Kavanaugh.
    It's adorable that you don't even understand your first comment above is wrong - in fact is a lie. Shout when you figure it out - ask if you have any questions!

  14. #534
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,510
    Quote Originally Posted by seashell86 View Post
    There are repercussions to losing elections.

    Man, Democrats haven't been this upset since we freed their slaves.
    That was one hundred mother fucking fifty goddamn years ago.

    Not even playing this game. People who can't figure out that the Democrats of 2020 and the Democrats of 1865 are two ENTIRELY different things aren't worth having discussions with. Welcome to the ignore list.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Dems are so butthurt over her, they started her attacking on the grounds of her religion. She happens to be a Catholic. So is Joe Biden. Every attack against Barret will only hurt Biden.
    It's not her Catholicism that concerns us. Biden is a Catholic too. But I guess nuance isn't your strong suit. Biden isn't a fundamentalist trying to push his religious beliefs on us. Barrett is. See the difference?

    Couldn't give two shits about Barrett's religion if she wasn't trying to push it into American law through the courts.

  15. #535
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    54,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Don't go twitsting the truth. I posted a a judicial document, a sentencing of a stupid dead pedohile who sexually abused five little boys aged from 5 to 11, describing the wicked things the dead pedophile you feel so strongly about defending committed.
    And you still don’t understand what’s wrong with it... because of your character.

    That the truth of it upset you enough to report me, tells me all I need to know about you. For one, I would not let any children near you, or in your vicinity. I'm glad you came out openly.
    I honestly don’t care what you think. That was meant to tell others... not you... you don’t even understand what you did wrong.

    Now lets stick to the discussion at hand. Are you capable of that, or do you feel the need to defend your "tendencies" as something "natural" or "normal"?
    Where is the discussion at hand? You being so wound up about democrats, to the point that this is your argument.

    Both sides consider their fellow Americans as some unrepentant enemy. You can thank your side for that.
    You are not both sides... take ownership for your shit. Oh wait... when has a Trump fan ever taken responsibility for their actions?
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  16. #536
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    there is no right to an abortion in the constitution. Your logic does not apply.
    Yes it is. not by name but their right is very clear in the constitution.

    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post

    Why would I help pay for other peoples abortions? If you can't book a day off and don't have a friend or someone that can drive you across state lines? Or maybe take some responsibility and realize that even when using protection, you are consenting to all the possibilities that can happen from sex. IE. STDs, getting pregnant, etc.
    Whelp because you would end up paying way more after 18 years, especially if they wanted to terminate because of problems. Then you are looking at 18-30-50 years of tax support.

    Or you one of those "save the children" but fuck them after they are born kind of human?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    You afford maintenance by charging the customer for it, duh....
    oh the 11 customers in the rural area are going to support it with a 6,109,345% increase to their bills huh?
    If you don't realize that the entire infrastructure requires huge populations to pay for simple maintenance then there's no use talking to you.

    Lets say they do get control and do raise prices, you think urban area's with their huge ability to generate capital won't just re-source their own water??

    Come on you are being ridiculous


    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post

    Location matters, if for no other reason than the people who control the area control the existence of it.

    .
    and you still can't accept that most of the "locations" are not in rural area's, they are in what would be considered part of the urban counties.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post

    I left out electric because I have no numbers off the top of my head.
    i.e you couldn't figure out how to bullshit your way around that one huh?


    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post

    Most new housing in "rural" areas is for invading city slickers who cant afford to live in the city anymore.

    .
    i am sure you got citation for that right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post

    If the government that controls the land changes, ownership can as well.
    Sure and the govt of the urban area's that outnumber rural area's a couple hundred thousand to one would roll right in and control the land they need and already own.
    "The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," - McConnell
    Karma 1 Trump 0 -Feel as bad for trump as trump did for Hillary- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iIBw-_0T6I

  17. #537
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    You don't think she's actually Catholic? I feel like in modern societies, religion is a) a club membership, b) good PR and possibly c) an argument if it suits your case you you happen to need one (ie. can't wreck your brain for an original thought on your own).
    Well, let's just say this: I'm Catholic too, and I have nothing in common with this woman, either politically or religiously.

    You can see that just in the last two Popes. Benedict was ultra-conservative, and basically retired because he could see the winds of change, at which point the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH (one of the most conservative, traditional institutions on Earth) elected their first non-European to be Pope, who used to be a Jesuit priest (a particularly progressive order of Catholic priests), and who immediately said God made homosexuals as they are and they should be loved for that, turning over centuries of gay oppression by the Church. He's also elevated the importance of women in a traditionally misogynistic institution, and if you read the tides it seems like he's setting up allowing women to be priests in the Catholic Church, something almost every other Christian denomination has done a long time ago. He's still conservative by modern progressive standards, but it's a wild departure.

    It boggles my mind that people can't understand there's a political spectrum within a singular Church. I happen to think the conservative side isn't rooted in anything Biblical (both Jesus and the Apostles were damn near socialists, according to the Bible), but only rooted in the "Empire" part of the Holy Roman Empire, and thus they're not really living up to the message of Catholicism.....but they'd say the same about me, because I almost wholeheartedly disagreed with everything the institutional Church (IE, the Vatican) said prior to this current Pope.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    That was one hundred mother fucking fifty goddamn years ago.

    Not even playing this game. People who can't figure out that the Democrats of 2020 and the Democrats of 1865 are two ENTIRELY different things aren't worth having discussions with. Welcome to the ignore list.

    - - - Updated - - -



    It's not her Catholicism that concerns us. Biden is a Catholic too. But I guess nuance isn't your strong suit. Biden isn't a fundamentalist trying to push his religious beliefs on us. Barrett is. See the difference?

    Couldn't give two shits about Barrett's religion if she wasn't trying to push it into American law through the courts.
    I mean, these are the same people who think ISIS Muslims represent all of Islam, so it's not a surprise they think Catholicism must be a monolith and progressives are being hypocrites here.

  18. #538
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Well, let's just say this: I'm Catholic too, and I have nothing in common with this woman, either politically or religiously.

    You can see that just in the last two Popes. Benedict was ultra-conservative, and basically retired because he could see the winds of change, at which point the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH (one of the most conservative, traditional institutions on Earth) elected their first non-European to be Pope, who used to be a Jesuit priest (a particularly progressive order of Catholic priests), and who immediately said God made homosexuals as they are and they should be loved for that, turning over centuries of gay oppression by the Church. He's also elevated the importance of women in a traditionally misogynistic institution, and if you read the tides it seems like he's setting up allowing women to be priests in the Catholic Church, something almost every other Christian denomination has done a long time ago. He's still conservative by modern progressive standards, but it's a wild departure.

    It boggles my mind that people can't understand there's a political spectrum within a singular Church. I happen to think the conservative side isn't rooted in anything Biblical (both Jesus and the Apostles were damn near socialists, according to the Bible), but only rooted in the "Empire" part of the Holy Roman Empire, and thus they're not really living up to the message of Catholicism.....but they'd say the same about me, because I almost wholeheartedly disagreed with everything the institutional Church (IE, the Vatican) said prior to this current Pope.
    Huh, I just went through the list until the 16th century, apparently he IS the first non-European pope. Apparently I'm so progressive, that thought never entered my head. I thought it was the most normal thing of them all, just pick whoever is most popular...

    Anyway, not sure what your point is, but y'all need to stop blaming Germany for everything. :P

    And you guys wonder why we get inflated egos once in a while. If we're that important, why don't you just let us run the world. We'd clean it up in no time!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  19. #539
    Quote Originally Posted by seashell86 View Post
    I don't know. Are you sure you actually read that article or did you just go by the click bait headline?

    Because, honestly, like with most anti-Trump nonsense, it tends to do a lot of inferencing and "reading into things."

    However, here's a clip of Van Jones talking about how historic their prison reform bill is.

    So, there's that.

    I don't know. All this what-about-ism just sounds like Democrats bein' Democrats to me.
    Don’t know why you’re so angry at the article. It’s your source.
    MMO-Champion Off-Topic's voice of reason.
    If you're mad at me, rest assured it's only because I'm smarter than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

  20. #540
    I never really understood how a Catholic would ever end up being a Republican in the US.

    While Conservative Catholics do align themselves with the whole anti-abortion and gay bashing brigade (let's be honest here...if religious people of all denominations can agree on something, that's hating the gays and the importance of making women pop out babies) every single other thing the GOP stands for is fundamentally opposed to pretty much every social teaching of the Catholic church.

    The whole "personal responsibility&bootstraps" bullshit is derived from Protestant theology.

    I can't fathom the mental gymnastics that a practicing devout Catholic would need to engage in to reconcile Republican social policy with Catholic Social teaching.

    There are some strange cultish groups within the Catholic Church, but even those mostly tend to adhere to the core of Catholic Social teaching. A Catholic Republican is an oxymoron.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2020-09-29 at 02:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •