Page 34 of 59 FirstFirst ...
24
32
33
34
35
36
44
... LastLast
  1. #661
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    64,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I won't argue it then. It falls under the philosophy of one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.
    No. It doesn't. Because if you're talking about BLM, you're not talking about either. Unless you've swallowed someone else's disinformation without thinking, or are lying about the facts yourself.

    I would simply look at the actions taken then the rhetoric. I don't see this as some struggle between justice or injustice just two sides turning a blind eye when it suits them. What the right and left say about one another applies rather equally to both. Two sides of the same coin.
    You're not doing this.

    That's the point.

    "Both sides" arguments are almost inevitably complete garbage, and used solely to defend horrible acts by one side, by making shit up about the other.

  2. #662
    https://theweek.com/speedreads/94226...-barrett-event

    White House is apparently thinking Trump was infected at the Rose Garden Massacre.

    President Trump is reportedly believed to have picked up COVID-19 at the nomination event for Amy Coney Barrett.

    Trump, along with dozens of West Wing staffers, Republican senators, and outsiders, gathered in the Rose Garden on Saturday, Sept. 26, for Barrett's formal nomination to the Supreme Court. Many lawmakers later gathered with Barrett inside the White House. White House medical staff have since traced that event to the arrival of COVID-19 in the White House, people familiar with the matter tell Bloomberg.

  3. #663
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No. It doesn't. Because if you're talking about BLM, you're not talking about either. Unless you've swallowed someone else's disinformation without thinking, or are lying about the facts yourself.


    You're not doing this.

    That's the point.

    "Both sides" arguments are almost inevitably complete garbage, and used solely to defend horrible acts by one side, by making shit up about the other.
    So you are a fan of the " fiery but peaceful protest" meme I take it?

    Constricting yourself to an extremely narrow source of new for current events doesn't actually shape reality to conform to that view.

  4. #664
    The Lightbringer downnola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Made in Philly, living in Akron.
    Posts
    3,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    So you are a fan of the " fiery but peaceful protest" meme I take it?

    Constricting yourself to an extremely narrow source of new for current events doesn't actually shape reality to conform to that view.
    How about actually going to a protest and seeing for yourself instead of pulling memes from /pol/.
    I had become too accustomed to the pseudo-Left new style, whereby if your opponent thought he had identified your lowest possible motive, he was quite certain that he had isolated the only real one. This vulgar method, which is now the norm and the standard in much non-Left journalism as well, is designed to have the effect of making any noisy moron into a master analyst.
    - Christopher Hitchens

  5. #665
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    How about actually going to a protest and seeing for yourself instead of pulling memes from /pol/.
    I mean I can watch the fires from the comfort of my own home.

    I mean it's actually on a meme site...

    https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/cnn-f...tests-parodies

  6. #666
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    64,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    So you are a fan of the " fiery but peaceful protest" meme I take it?
    In that property damage is not violence? That's a simple fact. The far-right like to pretend otherwise, because it's the only way they can conceivably present left-wing protests as even remotely as violent as right-wing extremism, which actually does kill people on a very regular basis in the USA.

    Constricting yourself to an extremely narrow source of new for current events doesn't actually shape reality to conform to that view.
    Of the two of us, I'm not the one doing so. You're pushing propaganda and lies, not truth. Because you willfully ignore the truth, and seek out only outlets that will feed you the lies you want.

    I look at dozens of media sources. I'm not even American. The "mainstream media is corrupt and lying to you" meme is just far-right conspiracy horseshit. Worse, it's literally Nazi-era propaganda, reborn.

  7. #667
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    In that property damage is not violence? That's a simple fact. The far-right like to pretend otherwise, because it's the only way they can conceivably present left-wing protests as even remotely as violent as right-wing extremism, which actually does kill people on a very regular basis in the USA.



    Of the two of us, I'm not the one doing so. You're pushing propaganda and lies, not truth. Because you willfully ignore the truth, and seek out only outlets that will feed you the lies you want.

    I look at dozens of media sources. I'm not even American. The "mainstream media is corrupt and lying to you" meme is just far-right conspiracy horseshit. Worse, it's literally Nazi-era propaganda, reborn.
    I mean there is warlord razz... the murders in the autonomous zone those videos of people beaten to death in BLM protests I'm not going to link here...

    Also how isn't the whole scale destruction of property not violence? I somehow doubt you would be as cavalier about nazis burning your home down or would you claim it's ok because it's not violence?

  8. #668
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    64,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Also how isn't the whole scale destruction of property not violence?
    Because words mean things.

    Is graffiti "violence"?

    I somehow doubt you would be as cavalier about nazis burning your home down or would you claim it's ok because it's not violence?
    No, I'd claim it's arson and thus a crime, and that I have lost a lot of property that has great value to me.

    It's not violent, however.

    Because words mean things.

    You seem to think "violent" is a statement of severity, when it isn't. It's a description of the character of an act. A mother spanking her child for writing on the walls is "violent". But not something that is severe. It's entirely possible for a non-violent crime to be more severe and noteworthy than a violent crime. Your example of a hate crime by Nazis, destroying a family home, for instance, is more severe than a bar fight where one guy got punched in the chin and then left the bar without serious injury. The former isn't violent, and the latter is, however.

    Because words mean things.


    Edit: Regarding the deaths in protests, you really need to stop listening to propaganda. Nearly all those deaths have either been unconnected to the protests entirely other than coincidentally (they were about personal beefs or were accidental or the like), or they were by right-wingers; https://abcnews.go.com/US/deaths-con...ry?id=72724790
    Last edited by Endus; 2020-10-07 at 06:36 PM.

  9. #669
    The Lightbringer downnola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Made in Philly, living in Akron.
    Posts
    3,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I mean I can watch the fires from the comfort of my own home.

    I mean it's actually on a meme site...

    https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/cnn-f...tests-parodies
    Right, so you speak with a tone of authority on matters that you've never actually experienced and think you're in a position to critique how people curate their news.

    While posting a fucking meme...
    I had become too accustomed to the pseudo-Left new style, whereby if your opponent thought he had identified your lowest possible motive, he was quite certain that he had isolated the only real one. This vulgar method, which is now the norm and the standard in much non-Left journalism as well, is designed to have the effect of making any noisy moron into a master analyst.
    - Christopher Hitchens

  10. #670
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because words mean things.

    Is graffiti "violence"?


    No, I'd claim it's arson and thus a crime, and that I have lost a lot of property that has great value to me.

    It's not violent, however.

    Because words mean things.

    You seem to think "violent" is a statement of severity, when it isn't. It's a description of the character of an act. A mother spanking her child for writing on the walls is "violent". But not something that is severe. It's entirely possible for a non-violent crime to be more severe and noteworthy than a violent crime. Your example of a hate crime by Nazis, destroying a family home, for instance, is more severe than a bar fight where one guy got punched in the chin and then left the bar without serious injury. The former isn't violent, and the latter is, however.

    Because words mean things.


    Edit: Regarding the deaths in protests, you really need to stop listening to propaganda. Nearly all those deaths have either been unconnected to the protests entirely other than coincidentally (they were about personal beefs or were accidental or the like), or they were by right-wingers; https://abcnews.go.com/US/deaths-con...ry?id=72724790
    I just don't think I should engage with you. Your so twisted up and drowned in ideology that I can't see this being productive.

    You are making excuses for utterly repulsive acts and I can't see any value in carrying this conversation on.

    Chalk it up as your win if you want but this is such a utterly absurd and out there belief I doubt you are making it genuinely.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    Right, so you speak with a tone of authority on matters that you've never actually experienced and think you're in a position to critique how people curate their news.

    While posting a fucking meme...
    I think when a riot is described as fiery but mostly peaceful it shows a certain level of cognitive dissonance yes.

  11. #671
    The Lightbringer downnola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Made in Philly, living in Akron.
    Posts
    3,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I think when a riot is described as fiery but mostly peaceful it shows a certain level of cognitive dissonance yes.
    That's why I'm pointing out how silly you look when you even admit you're just speaking from the comfort of your couch instead of speaking from actual experience at a protest. Some protests have turned into riots but most are peaceful. That isn't stopping you from generalizing an entire movement/slogan and painting them as domestic terrorists. Your commentary is /pol/ level shit posting and shouldn't be taken seriously, thanks for assisting and making that point crystal clear.
    I had become too accustomed to the pseudo-Left new style, whereby if your opponent thought he had identified your lowest possible motive, he was quite certain that he had isolated the only real one. This vulgar method, which is now the norm and the standard in much non-Left journalism as well, is designed to have the effect of making any noisy moron into a master analyst.
    - Christopher Hitchens

  12. #672
    Man, was Coney Barrett at the BLM protests? No? Why are we on this topic?

  13. #673
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I just don't think I should engage with you. Your so twisted up and drowned in ideology that I can't see this being productive.

    You are making excuses for utterly repulsive acts and I can't see any value in carrying this conversation on.

    Chalk it up as your win if you want but this is such a utterly absurd and out there belief I doubt you are making it genuinely.

    I think when a riot is described as fiery but mostly peaceful it shows a certain level of cognitive dissonance yes.
    Are you the artist formally known as Connal? You remind me of him a great deal.

  14. #674
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    That's why I'm pointing out how silly you look when you even admit you're just speaking from the comfort of your couch instead of speaking from actual experience at a protest. Some protests have turned into riots but most are peaceful. That isn't stopping you from generalizing an entire movement/slogan and painting them as domestic terrorists. Your commentary is /pol/ level shit posting and shouldn't be taken seriously, thanks for assisting and making that point crystal clear.
    So to be clear. You are no longer debating this did happen you are saying I didn't see it first hand so somehow I can't make any comment on it?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Are you the artist formally known as Connal? You remind me of him a great deal.
    I don't draw or song so no?

  15. #675
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    64,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I just don't think I should engage with you. Your so twisted up and drowned in ideology that I can't see this being productive.

    You are making excuses for utterly repulsive acts and I can't see any value in carrying this conversation on.
    I have made no such excuses. You're just engaging in ad hominem, because you can't back your position up on the facts.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, was Coney Barrett at the BLM protests? No? Why are we on this topic?
    Fair enough, I let myself get pulled down a rabbit hole.

  16. #676
    The Lightbringer downnola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Made in Philly, living in Akron.
    Posts
    3,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    So to be clear. You are no longer debating this did happen you are saying I didn't see it first hand so somehow I can't make any comment on it?
    I was never debating that it happened or not, I'm just not going to act like every BLM protest ends with a building set on fire like you are.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I have made no such excuses. You're just engaging in ad hominem, because you can't back your position up on the facts.
    BLM = violent criminals and domestic terrorism but you're the ideologue.

    lmfao, i'm going to stop before I get infracted.
    I had become too accustomed to the pseudo-Left new style, whereby if your opponent thought he had identified your lowest possible motive, he was quite certain that he had isolated the only real one. This vulgar method, which is now the norm and the standard in much non-Left journalism as well, is designed to have the effect of making any noisy moron into a master analyst.
    - Christopher Hitchens

  17. #677
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    54,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I don't really have a dog in this fight sure push comes to shove gun to my head I side conservative but if this is what you truely and honestly believe then I assume for you the time for talk is over?
    Saying you have no dog in the fight is an issue of self awareness, as you can see by several pages of your responses. I don’t have a dog in the Australian elections, so you won’t see me post on a topic I don’t know or care about.

    Time to talk is over? that depends:

    Name a city that’s burning and I will provide empirical evidence you are being lied to. If Seattle is burning, how is Amazon, Microsoft and Nintendo of America still functioning? How can Microsoft release a new gen XBox from Redmond, when across 520, the city is on fire? How can Amazon hold a prime sale day, when their campus occupying around 20% of Seattle, is on fire? Have you heard of Wallstreet, as NYC burns?
    Is it over?

    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    So to be clear. You are no longer debating this did happen you are saying I didn't see it first hand so somehow I can't make any comment on it?
    No, it means your evidence does not match what people and business is doing in the areas you claim are burning. An impression not built on experience, but the source of your information.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-10-07 at 07:41 PM.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  18. #678
    Cookie Monster Radux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    17,443
    Let's veer back to the intended topic of the thread. Please and thank you.

  19. #679
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No. It doesn't. Because if you're talking about BLM, you're not talking about either. Unless you've swallowed someone else's disinformation without thinking, or are lying about the facts yourself.
    the guy goes into the qanon thread 'yea this is fine', guy goes into golden dawn thread 'seems bad that these nazis are being jailed' guy starts stanning rittenhouse and talking about evul BLM....

    cmon this is Cizr level stuff here.

  20. #680
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I don't know where the middle ground will be if I am honest.
    There should be no middle ground sought on these culture war issues.

    What is the middle ground between equal rights for LGBTQ and legally allowed discrimination against LGBTQ? Hint: It isn't equal rights.

    What is the middle ground between a woman and her doctor determining her reproductive health plan, and the religious beliefs of unrelated other people determining her plan? Hint: it isn't bodily autonomy.

    What is the middle ground between racial equality and state-sanctioned extrajudicial killing of young black men by police officers? Hint: it isn't due process under the law.

    Are all persons created equal and entitled to the same rights under the law? That's pretty much the end of the debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •