Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Bravo for dipping in with the lowest effort 'uhm but actually the democrats were always the super racists, tee-hee~' and getting the thread derailed for the last five pages. I mean it could be worth actually discussing the topic at hand but you all do you.
    Well, the reason why it comes up is because it always ends up devolving into "but Republican/Orange Man racist tho." To which, any self respecting individual who wasn't completely asleep in history class replies with "but Democrats were the racist pro-slavery party tho."

That's how these threads get derailed. They get derailed because the historical "bad guys" start pointing fingers at the historical "good guys" and then get pouty when they have to face the reality that their party's history is kind of dark and dreary.

And all of the "but organization X supports Republicans" and "but parties switched" arguments seem to completely fall by the wayside when you realize that the Democratic party is still using superficial immutable properties to frame their views of reality.

That's why people are bailing on them. The worst thing about the information age is just how liberal much of the media has become and how misinformed liberals are in the 21st century.

Quote Originally Posted by seashell86 View Post
    Combatting the "prison industrial complex" (if that even exists to the degree you are claiming)? Um, how about starting with prison reform in collaboration with a myriad of respectable left leaning individuals such as Van Jones?

- - - Updated - - -

So, to be clear, you want me to accept the fact that over time, Republicans having always done the right thing with freeing the slaves and so on, attracted repentant Democrats. It is literally happening again right in front of our eyes with movements such as WalkAway and Blexit.

I mean, yes, obviously. Why are we arguing about this?

What did not happen en masse, however, and sadly enough for Democrats is a massive shift of Republicans to Democrat.

Because, you know, they were too busy being fucking right literally all the time historically on all the issues that mattered of which there was abolishing slavery, women's suffrage, the Civil Rights Act, and so on.

But okay, I guess.

Cool story, bro.

And again, this one is important too, have you ever stopped to take a second and evaluate just the optics of how full of shit the party alignment story just looks? I mean it looks like the kid caught dead to rights with their hand in the cookie jar trying to blame their sister sitting half way across the room.

But, no, you're totally right. Because Democrats are morally superior to all.

In spite of, of course, the Democratic presidential candidate (a segregationist) saying in 1977 that segregating schools would turn them into a "racial jungle."

Of course, there are tons of other fun little subconscious woopsies to choose from that Joe Biden has "blessed" us with over the years.
    You ignored that Trump has a fucking white supremacist leading his immigration policy.

So, to be clear, you want me to accept the fact that over time, Republicans having always done the right thing with freeing the slaves and so on, attracted repentant Democrats.
    Hearing you talk about it, I think I finally understand where the type of reality denial you've displayed here comes from. So you've been useful for something, at least. I think in the past I never fully appreciated that you people actually believe that the people burning crosses and bombing black churches would have voted for Lincoln.

Combatting the "prison industrial complex" (if that even exists to the degree you are claiming)? Um, how about starting with prison reform in collaboration with a myriad of respectable left leaning individuals such as Van Jones?
    You do realize that it (I assume you're referring to the First Step Act) happened because the GOP moved to where the Democrats had already been for a while, right?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Here is a link for you.
    Ok, let's take a look.

Oh, this is pretty damning...

But as Trump claims credit for freeing people from prison, there’s one very big problem that he’s not mentioning: His Justice Department is actively pushing to send some of these same people back behind bars, and to prevent others from reducing their sentences—which greatly limits who can benefit from the law that Trump has touted as one of his signature achievements.
    Man, you should really take another look at your sources. How embarrassing.

I'm just trying to make the point that, sadly, Democrats are not the moral superheroes they think they are. Republicans are not perfect but, if we are going to actually start throwing rocks, Democrats better be prepared for their racist pro-slavery history to come up.

I think if Democrats did not take such a hard fast stance on being "morally superior" to everyone else, they wouldn't invite this obvious historical failure on their part.
    Sounds like we should embrace communism.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You ignored that Trump has a fucking white supremacist leading his immigration policy.
    What I find cute is just how few white supremacists there actually are compared to how many most modern liberals think there are.

I have literally never once met an actual conservative that feels race is a useful metric for anything other than how like someone is to vote Democrat because of how masterfully they have been able to manipulate minorities.

That's literally it.

What I find cute is just how few white supremacists there actually are compared to how many most modern liberals think there are.

I have literally never once met an actual conservative that feels race is a useful metric for anything other than how like someone is to vote Democrat because of how masterfully they have been able to manipulate minorities.

That's literally it.
    What I find cute, is that you are trying to excuse white supremacy.

Once again, Stephen Miller says you are lying.

To which, any self respecting individual who wasn't completely asleep in history class replies with "but Democrats were the racist pro-slavery party tho."
    Nobody is arguing that the Democrats weren't the party of slavery historically.

But then Civil Rights happened, which was a large catalyst for the gradual coalescing of social conservatives (and in the South, these tended to be segregationists) into the Republican Party.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

About 10%.

That's literally it.
    Really? Republicans get ANGRY at me for being Jewish all the time.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post

But then Civil Rights happened, which was a large catalyst for the gradual coalescing of social conservatives (and in the South, these tended to be segregationists) into the Republican Party.
    You'd think with the Democrats being such neoliberal hacks they'd choose reasons to bitch which actually have some grounding in reality, but no. We're going with "secret Klan".

Also the lack of self-awareness in claiming that they haven't met many racists when they admit they think minorities have been "manipulated" by Democrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Ok, let's take a look.

Oh, this is pretty damning...

Man, you should really take another look at your sources. How embarrassing.

Sounds like we should embrace communism.
    I don't know. Are you sure you actually read that article or did you just go by the click bait headline?

Because, honestly, like with most anti-Trump nonsense, it tends to do a lot of inferencing and "reading into things."

However, here's a clip of Van Jones talking about how historic their prison reform bill is.

So, there's that.

I don't know. All this what-about-ism just sounds like Democrats bein' Democrats to me.

That's literally it.
    Trump lost the popular vote but not by that much. There are A LOT of white supremacists.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know. Are you sure you actually read that article or did you just go by the click bait headline?

Because, honestly, like with most anti-Trump nonsense, it tends to do a lot of inferencing and "reading into things."

However, here's a clip of Van Jones talking about how historic their prison reform bill is.

So, there's that.

I don't know. All this what-about-ism just sounds like Democrats bein' Democrats to me.
    But her emails?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Trump lost the popular vote by not by that much. There are A LOT of white supremacists.
    More importantly the system itself is one of white supremacy.

People in this thread really be making the Crash argument.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Can some.one clarify a few questions i have

1. Why do you let president pick you heads of the judiciary when it supposed ot be a separate branch, and not have in independent judicial commission that makes appoints like most other places ?

2. Why is you judiciary political at all ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    The best long term solution is to admit the country is too fractured to survive and figure out a way to split it into smaller countries that are able to meet the wants and needs of their populations in less contentious manners without resorting to a civil war.
    I mean sure but I don’t want the poor decrepit country that would be Dixieland to exist...it’s a breeding ground for terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post

For starters, there are many people that argued that Democrats were the party of slavery historically.

Second of all, the Republicans passed the Civil Rights Bill with 80% support compared to the 60% support of the Democrats. Byrd had a 14 hour fillibuster against it.

At some point, we have to start calling a spade a spade.

And, to be fair, before referring to obvious factual historical data, you can see where the party (Democrats) of moral superiority and everything identitarian HAS to have history be this way, right?

And yet, the Republicans in spite of all the actual claims that they are racist, are not out there committing racist acts en masse.

What you will find are people who are very far left trying to classify what are either very loose interpretations or flat out over reaching to find examples of racism.

For example, people called building a wall racist. How exactly is building a wall racist? Is there like a little doggy door that says "No insert-race-name-here allowed"?

Or is this the part where special liberties are taken to tell people what they actually meant when they aren't the ones who said it?

Anyways, I don't think Republicans are perfect though. Being the "good guys" relative to a horrendously corrupt and racist counterpart still can leave a lot to be desired.

For example, I hated the 90s Bush administration. It was easily the lowest point for the Republican party as a whole (yes, worse than Trump).

However, I still think that we will look back upon this time period historically with the Democrats having been on the wrong side of history. Their quickness to censor free speech and exercise control over dissenting opinions will not age well. Their extreme dedication to absolutism and purity is not going to age well. Their inability to acknowledge that they lost in 2016 because they simply were out of touch with America and not robbed will not age well.

There are a lot of things that will not age well with the Democrats. Donald Trump's mouth and what comes out of it, much of which, probably won't age spectacularly well. As an instigator in chief, I think we could have better leadership on that front. I think he would have had to be the bigger man but, in the end, I am convinced he didn't have to be the enemy of the media. I'm convinced he did not have to be so abrasive to Democrats.

That being said, I believe most honest working class and tax paying Americans are going to look at this historical segment and chalk this period up to a bad look for Democrats. Republicans can still poop the bed later on in history though. Anything is possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Can some.one clarify a few questions i have

1. Why do you let president pick you heads of the judiciary when it supposed ot be a separate branch, and not have in independent judicial commission that makes appoints like most other places ?

2. Why is you judiciary political at all ?
    Simplest answer: A bunch of formerly English white slaveowners wanted to live in an aristocratic society very much like England, but without the pesky nuisance of having to pay taxes to the Crown.

For starters, there are many people that argued that Democrats were the party of slavery historically.

Second of all, the Republicans passed the Civil Rights Bill with 80% support compared to the 60% support of the Democrats. Byrd had a 14 hour fillibuster against it.

At some point, we have to start calling a spade a spade.

And, to be fair, before referring to obvious factual historical data, you can see where the party (Democrats) of moral superiority and everything identitarian HAS to have history be this way, right?

And yet, the Republicans in spite of all the actual claims that they are racist, are not out there committing racist acts en masse.

What you will find are people who are very far left trying to classify what are either very loose interpretations or flat out over reaching to find examples of racism.

For example, people called building a wall racist. How exactly is building a wall racist? Is there like a little doggy door that says "No insert-race-name-here allowed"?

Or is this the part where special liberties are taken to tell people what they actually meant when they aren't the ones who said it?

Anyways, I don't think Republicans are perfect though. Being the "good guys" relative to a horrendously corrupt and racist counterpart still can leave a lot to be desired.

For example, I hated the 90s Bush administration. It was easily the lowest point for the Republican party as a whole (yes, worse than Trump).

However, I still think that we will look back upon this time period historically with the Democrats having been on the wrong side of history. Their quickness to censor free speech and exercise control over dissenting opinions will not age well. Their extreme dedication to absolutism and purity is not going to age well. Their inability to acknowledge that they lost in 2016 because they simply were out of touch with America and not robbed will not age well.

There are a lot of things that will not age well with the Democrats. Donald Trump's mouth and what comes out of it, much of which, probably won't age spectacularly well. As an instigator in chief, I think we could have better leadership on that front. I think he would have had to be the bigger man but, in the end, I am convinced he didn't have to be the enemy of the media. I'm convinced he did not have to be so abrasive to Democrats.

That being said, I believe most honest working class and tax paying Americans are going to look at this historical segment and chalk this period up to a bad look for Democrats. Republicans can still poop the bed later on in history though. Anything is possible.
    How do you explain Stephen Miller?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I mean sure but I don’t want the poor decrepit country that would be Dixieland to exist...it’s a breeding ground for terrorists.
    And forcing the millions of people that would be in Dixieland to live under laws they see as directly attacking their personal freedom wouldn't be a breeding ground for terrorist because they would have more reason to fight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    And forcing the millions of people that would be in Dixieland to live under laws they see as directly attacking their personal freedom wouldn't be a breeding ground for terrorist because they would have more reason to fight?
    At least you're admitting that the attack on personal freedom is entirely in their heads, lol.