Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Netflix Resident Evil!

It is called Resident Evil Infinite Darkness.

Let us hope it is at least as good as RE2 remake!

mmh more resident evil <3

15+ Year Old Account
    Animation...
    I should really watch animations more, but it's so repulsive to me.
    I don't know why. Akira is one of the best sci-fi movies I've seen, and it's made 33 years ago. And on top of that, it's manga, the worst type of animation I know.
    For some reason, I prefer real actors, even though animation can bring a sci-fi/horror world to life much better than a combination of real actors and CGI which can often feel fake if not done with a high budget.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Animation...
    I don't know why. Akira is one of the best sci-fi movies I've seen, and it's made 33 years ago. And on top of that, it's manga, the worst type of animation I know.
    For some reason, I prefer real actors, even though animation can bring a sci-fi/horror world to life much better than a combination of real actors and CGI which can often feel fake if not done with a high budget.
    Akira is one of the best indeed and trust me anime and manga (specially manga some of them are so great and masterpiece not like the weebs trend that you see usually).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Animation...
    See that's exactly why I like animation so much. So much possibility to create fantastic worlds and stories that would be either impossible or really expensive to do in live action.

This might just be enough for me to keep an active Netflix sub.

The last animated Resident Evil film I watched was just awful...

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    The worst of the animated films was way better than the last 2-3 live action ones,like a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    The worst of the animated films was way better than the last 2-3 live action ones,like a lot better.
    They're just about as silly, but the designs are more accurate. That scene with Leon in the white house reminds me of RE6, which is not great.

Also, the title sounds like a 12 year old came up with it. Looks like a 12 year old made the logo, too.

Gonna hard pass on this until Netflix removes "Cuties" from their library. not worth supporting them when they pretend to call out child sexual exploitation, by sexually exploiting children to an unnecessary degree because "art"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I don't know but Resident Evil Degeneration released in 2008 was not bad at all imo. It might be silly now and bad for today standards but for 2008? it was decent tbh.

Wow, looking forward to this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I don't know but Resident Evil Degeneration released in 2008 was not bad at all imo. It might be silly now and bad for today standards but for 2008? it was decent tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    After Castelvania i have high hopes, Netflix has shown that i knows how to do game adaptations.

Dragon quest movie was lesser but honestly i still enjoyed it and the premise which i can't say without spoiling it.

Dragon dogma have yet to watch and it's getting a lukewarm reception but gamers are hard to please.

Jesus I can't I ....just can't.

Well here it is folks the new Resident Evil Netflix series trailer.

Can you not shit on existing Stuff Netflix

FOR FIVE MINUTES ?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like flaming hot garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    Can you not shit on existing Stuff Netflix

FOR FIVE MINUTES ?
    If it wasn't shit, people wouldn't shit on it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it looked ok if it focused on new racoon city but the second it went to post apocalyptic I lost all interest. Wasn't going to watch cause of the woke cast anyway though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigvizz View Post
    Jesus I can't I ....just can't.

Well here it is folks the new Resident Evil Netflix series trailer.

what the fuck did I just watch lol... I... what?

Are people just getting IP's these days and just doing what they want with it, nothing in that trailer felt like resident evil... outside of the Umbrella logo.

Executives: Our story isnt strong enough to carry its own weight, lets just use a popular IP and slap that on it to get some money in. People will lap it up

I am pretty sure thats what's happening in movies and shows now, people have ideas for shows and movies and instead of being original they fear it wont sell and need a popular IP either nostalgia or popular and use that as a means to get people in seats. That's gotta be it?

I mean if this was called like Earth of the Dead or some shit, and this trailer came out I am guaranteeing this wouldn't receive this much negative downvotes. Because if you had showed this to me and not told me it was resident evil and the trailer cut all the resident evil stuff out then I would be like 'this looks interesting, I'll might check this out' but because you slapped Resident Evil on it I am just sat he very befuddled.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-05-13 at 08:50 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Didn't even know there would be a RE series. Now I wish I would not have known, because that looks generic zombie apocalypse af with a shitty cast.