Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I feel bad for Lance Reddick. Like, I'm sure he got paid and all, but man, what a project to attach your name to.

Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    Can you not shit on existing Stuff Netflix

FOR FIVE MINUTES ?
    Some people are into scat.

Can't get any worse though, the other films as well as animated ones were pretty mediocre.

5+ Year Old Account
    Damn, that looks hot garbage
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

Heh, Wesker is black now, that's unexpected /s

The "good" thing is that it'll make Milla's version masterpieces in comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Damn, that looks hot garbage
    I honestly don't think it looks bad, it just doesn't look nothing like resident evil, which begs the question why the fuck did they make a resident evil movie? I think doing this will draw the wrong attention to the movie, or maybe that is the intent. Maybe they think hate and controversy sells, and gets eyes on it. Or they cannot sell their original ideas and fear it will bomb and just plaster a known IP on it to get eyes on it and people in seats.

God only knows how entertainment business works these days, I want to know how they think lol.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I honestly don't think it looks bad, it just doesn't look nothing like resident evil, which begs the question why the fuck did they make a resident evil movie? I think doing this will draw the wrong attention to the movie, or maybe that is the intent. Maybe they think hate and controversy sells, and gets eyes on it. Or they cannot sell their original ideas and fear it will bomb and just plaster a known IP on it to get eyes on it and people in seats.

God only knows how entertainment business works these days, I want to know how they think lol.
    To think Netflix increased their subscription costs to churn out this crap...

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Heh, Wesker is black now, that's unexpected /s

The "good" thing is that it'll make Milla's version masterpieces in comparison.

If you want to talk about shitting on the franchise, it's the Mila movies. And yet people call them amazing movies for the game universe..

[B]
    I mean if this was called like Earth of the Dead or some shit, and this trailer came out I am guaranteeing this wouldn't receive this much negative downvotes. Because if you had showed this to me and not told me it was resident evil and the trailer cut all the resident evil stuff out then I would be like 'this looks interesting, I'll might check this out' but because you slapped Resident Evil on it I am just sat he very befuddled.
    This pretty much sums it up for me... It looks like woke shit I would avoid regardless but by putting a beloved IP on it just for the sake of it? Nah, I'll rather see it fail...

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    If you want to talk about shitting on the franchise, it's the Mila movies. And yet people call them amazing movies for the game universe..
    Who are those people? Dont think I ever met anyone valuing those movies higher than average or meh.

On topic, CGI and monster design looks better than the last movie, but still seems like a hard pass from me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Wtf is a "woke cast" even

- - - Updated - - -

LMAO so true
    Making a white character black for muh diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    True enough. But at least they are good trash movies!

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh stfu who gives a shit about that.

Of all the low hanging fruit to jump on and bash this travesty with you just had to be weird about it
    I care. Tired of woke shit. The end

could be alright if it's like one of those shows that cover a few different timelines.
    at least that was the impression i got from the trailer.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh stfu who gives a shit about that.

Of all the low hanging fruit to jump on and bash this travesty with you just had to be weird about it
    Yeah who cares. Sure it's slightly annoying but I think most people just want the story (and let's be honest RE doesn't really have a great nor consistent story) to somewhat follow the source material, as opposed to some generic zombie story with a few names linked the story.

Why does netflix always raceswap white characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Why does netflix always raceswap white characters?
    It's low tier effort of being progressive instead of spending effort establishing something original.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2022-05-13 at 07:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Black people =/= woke.

Tired of passive racism. The end

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it really does look like a generic Dreamcast game cinematic if I'm being honest lol.
    Replacing white characters with any other race for no reason = woke. Tired of wokies. I will not watch your shows. I will not play your games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    It's low tier effort of being progressive instead of spending effort coming up with something original.
    Its funny because take away the resident evil name and the umbrella logo from the trailer and I honestly think the movie looks like a pretty good original movie (as original one cane be with a zombie movie these days lol) the fact that it says Resident Evil puts me off more than if it was called... I don't know... Earth of Zombies.. Maybe Army of the Dead put them off lol :P

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Replacing white characters with any other race for no reason = woke. Tired of wokies. I will not watch your shows. I will not play your games.
    I think you are being a bit extreme. Skin colour swapping isn't as bad if the skin colour doesn't play a role in the characters defining feature, For example the go to answer Nick Fury. Lack of description of a characters skin colour of place of ethnicity can make it be whatever you want. If Bob the Builder became black tomorrow I would have no issue, (would be a lot better than the horrid CGI makeover they gave him recently). Doctor Who, can be whoever the hell they want, a lot of people were mad about this because he only had a single type of person (white male) the whole time. The only time its an issue for me is if it comes to historical accuracy, the recent new Vikings show on Netflix I am looking at you.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-05-13 at 07:14 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I've pretty much resigned myself to never seeing a proper adaptation of RE in my lifetime. The Netflix series looks like a reboot of the Paul WS Anderson Resident Evil movies, and who asked for that? Didn't we have like 8 movies?

15+ Year Old Account
    I think you are being a bit extreme. Skin colour swapping isn't as bad if the skin colour doesn't play a role in the characters defining feature, For example the go to answer Nick Fury. Lack of description of a characters skin colour of place of ethnicity can make it be whatever you want. If Bob the Builder became black tomorrow I would have no issue, (would be a lot better than the horrid CGI makeover they gave him recently). Doctor Who, can be whoever the hell they want, a lot of people were mad about this because he owes a single type of person the whole time. The issues I have a problem with it was it comes to historical accuracy, the recent new Vikings show on Netflix I am looking at you.
    Shrugging it off is why we're in this mess in the first place. I am done tolerating it. If they wanted a black character, make a new one. If you don't want to put in the effort, you will not get my money. Simple as