Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Shrugging it off is why we're in this mess in the first place. I am done tolerating it. If they wanted a black character, make a new one. If you don't want to put in the effort, you will not get my money. Simple as
    See I don't get mad at this because the originals still exists, nothing of value is really being lost. And when I say origionals I mean games, not the original movies. I wish they all could be forgotten honestly. lol

Also you have the Japanese animated movies which are there...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say I'm looking forward to The Critical Drinker's review of this, but at this point, I'm pretty sure the dude is tired of this sort of stuff.

Shrugging it off is why we're in this mess in the first place. I am done tolerating it. If they wanted a black character, make a new one. If you don't want to put in the effort, you will not get my money. Simple as
    You know that to a normal, well-adjusted person who leaves their basement and doesn't live on twitter, what you sound like is someone throwing a weird fit because a character had freckles in the book but doesn't have freckles in the movie, or had shoulder length hair in the game but has neck length hair in the movie... right?

Like you are indistinguishable from someone saying "I'M DONE WITH TOLERATING THEM TAKING FRECKLES OFF OF CHARACTERS! I WONT TOLERATE IT ANYMORE!" That's how weird you sound.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    See I don't get mad at this because the originals still exists, nothing of value is really being lost. And when I say origionals I mean games, not the original movies. I wish they all could be forgotten honestly. lol

Also you have the Japanese animated movies which are there...
    I'm not mad because I expect it. And if your solution is the original exists, then we don't need the new thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You know that to a normal, well-adjusted person who leaves their basement and doesn't live on twitter, what you sound like is someone throwing a weird fit because a character had freckles in the book but doesn't have freckles in the movie, or had shoulder length hair in the game but has neck length hair in the movie... right?

Like you are indistinguishable from someone saying "I'M DONE WITH TOLERATING THEM TAKING FRECKLES OFF OF CHARACTERS! I WONT TOLERATE IT ANYMORE!" That's how weird you sound.
    k. Go be woke somewhere else.

Infracted for continued derailing.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2022-05-13 at 08:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not mad because I expect it. And if your solution is the original exists, then we don't need the new thing.
    No, but because the original exists doesn't matter if this exists or not, its out of our control, might as well ride it out and enjoy what good things about it we love and not what we hate. I mean there are ALOT of adaptions I am not watching that are coming out and are out. Haven't see the Halo show, will not be watching Rings of Power, will not be watching this, will not be watching the new House of Dragon thing, Also there is a First Law series coming out and I am pretty sure they'll butcher that too

I did make the mistake of watching Wheel of time though, but that's because at first glance it actually looked good. More the fool am I.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Literally who cares. That if a characters skin color is changed and you blow your top says more about you than any "woke" cast or whatever you want to cry about cuz of something as insignificant as skin color.
    I care because I am tired of it. Simple as

k. Go be woke somewhere else.
    No one is "woke". You are just so obsessed with these issues that you see woke bogeyman everywhere, and in the process you don't realize that you are the identity politics obsessed weirdo that you think other people are. It's weird, and more than a little creepy, that you are this obsessed.
    -ynnady

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    No, but because the original exists doesn't matter if this exists or not, its out of our control, might as well ride it out and enjoy what good things about it we love and not what we hate. I mean there are ALOT of adaptions I am not watching that are coming out and are out. Haven't see the Halo show, will not be watching Rings of Power, will not be watching this, will not be watching the new House of Dragon thing, Also there is a First Law series coming out and I am pretty sure they'll butcher that too

I did make the mistake of watching Wheel of time though, but that's because at first glance it actually looked good. More the fool am I.
    We have some power. If we all collectively stop watching bad adaptations, they might stop making them. It would be nice.

No one is "woke". You are just so obsessed with these issues that you see woke bogeyman everywhere, and in the process you don't realize that you are the identity politics obsessed weirdo that you think other people are. It's weird, and more than a little creepy, that you are this obsessed.
    Ok.

I care because I am tired of it. Simple as
    Would you boycott a movie if a character had a different eye color or hair color from the game?
    -ynnady

15+ Year Old Account
    Would you boycott a movie if a character had a different eye color or hair color from the game?
    If the actor or make up crew are so lazy they cant even be bothered to look like the character then yes because it's going to be bad regardless

If the actor or make up crew are so lazy they cant even be bothered to look like the character then yes because it's going to be bad regardless
    So if Albert Wesker was white, but had brown eyes , you expect me to believe you'd be in this thread screaming about how we should boycott this until Wesker's eye color was right?
    -ynnady

15+ Year Old Account
    So if Albert Wesker was white, but had brown eyes , you expect me to believe you'd be in this thread screaming about how we should boycott this until Wesker's eye color was right?
    Wesker should have sunglasses in the first place. But even still, I don't like the post apocalyptic setting, so I wasn't going to watch it anyway

Wesker should have sunglasses in the first place. But even still, I don't like the post apocalyptic setting, so I wasn't going to watch it anyway
    You dodged my question. If it was the wrong eye color and hair color, but he was white, would you be in here screaming that we need to boycott this because we can't tolerate wrong haircuts anymore? No, you would not, and you know it. The question is why?
    -ynnady

Warning: This isn't a place to whine about your perceived social agendas. If you have a serious problem with it, go to GenOT. Most of you posting in this thread know that this is the rule for this subforum, so infractions have been handed out for derailing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So has anyone got the other unlisted trailer... i heard its the better one, for what thats worth.

15+ Year Old Account
    You dodged my question. If it was the wrong eye color and hair color, but he was white, would you be in here screaming that we need to boycott this because we can't tolerate wrong haircuts anymore? No, you would not, and you know it. The question is why?
    Except it wasn't a dodge. His eye color shouldn't matter because he should be wearing sunglasses. I already said if the actor and/or make up artists can't make them look like the characters its going to be bad regardless. I'm not going to watch price of persia starring johna hill
    Last edited by Video Games; 2022-05-13 at 08:09 PM.

Except it wasn't a dodge. His eye color shouldn't matter because he should be wearing sunglasses. I already said if the actor and/or make up artists can't make them look like the characters its going to be bad regardless. I'm not going to watch price of persia starring johna hill
    Did you watch Prince of Persia where the Swedish/Jewish guy played a Persian character? Or do you only get mad when you see black people?
    -ynnady

15+ Year Old Account
    Did you watch Prince of Persia where the Swedish/Jewish guy played a Persian character? Or do you only get mad when you see black people?
    No I didn't watch it, just as I didn't watch uncharted for their awful casting choice when they look nothing like the characters. Keep trying for those gatchas.

No I didn't watch it, just as I didn't watch uncharted for their awful casting choice when they look nothing like the characters. Keep trying for those gatchas.
    It's weird how only when it involves black people does it suddenly turn into a racial issue, but the rest of the time you are happy to just say they don't look the part.
    -ynnady

15+ Year Old Account
    It's weird how only when it involves black people does it suddenly turn into a racial issue, but the rest of the time you are happy to just say they don't look the part.
    It's almost like being black makes him not look the part