Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It's almost like being black makes him not look the part
    Right, it's simple optics when it's anything except a black person. When it's a black person, you have an identity politics meltdown.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Right, it's simple optics when it's anything except a black person. When it's a black person, you have an identity politics meltdown.
    It doesn't matter what race they made him into if it's wrong. It just happens netflix choose to use black actors to maximize woke points.

It doesn't matter what race they made him into if it's wrong. It just happens netflix choose to use black actors to maximize woke points.
    See? Suddenly you need to inject your creepy personal politics into it when its a black person. We both know you didn't see Gyllenhaal In PoP and say "Oh my god, the Wokies took out the Persian character and put Swedish royalty in!" You probably never even considered it until I brought it up.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Bigvizz View Post
    Jesus I can't I ....just can't.

Well here it is folks the new Resident Evil Netflix series trailer.

Ahh hahaha. Fucking Netflix, man. They have to be trolling us at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    See? Suddenly you need to inject your creepy personal politics into it when its a black person. We both know you didn't see Gyllenhaal In PoP and say "Oh my god, the Wokies took out the Persian character and put Swedish royalty in!" You probably never even considered it until I brought it up.
    I'll just let paul mooney have this one

/shrug Looks better than the majority of the Resident Evil movies (live action and animated), which isn't saying much since they are all basically dumpster fires. I own them all on bluray because of.... reasons... but none of them are cinematic masterpieces lol.

Yea, that looks like shit....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Yeah who cares. Sure it's slightly annoying but I think most people just want the story (and let's be honest RE doesn't really have a great nor consistent story) to somewhat follow the source material, as opposed to some generic zombie story with a few names linked the story.
    But that's...what they're doing? Half this teaser looks like it takes place in an Umbrella facility, and "bio(weapon) research that got out of control" is like...exactly what Resident Evil is about. But there are women and black people in the trailer, so it must be "disrespecting the source material." I'd say it was pathetic, but after 6+ years of this bullshit, it's all too predictable.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    Who are those people? Dont think I ever met anyone valuing those movies higher than average or meh.

On topic, CGI and monster design looks better than the last movie, but still seems like a hard pass from me.
    I love those movies. They are fun, and full of Easter eggs.

So there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Literally who cares. That if a characters skin color is changed and you blow your top says more about you than any "woke" cast or whatever you want to cry about cuz of something as insignificant as skin color.
    He's right though. If they want to make a black lead, create a new character or use an existing black character (Sheva or even RE2 black officer e.g.) don't ruin characters we've had since the beginning and just xhange them up. Makes no sense and shits on the fans.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post

He's right though. If they want to make a black lead, create a new character or use an existing black character (Sheva or even RE2 black officer e.g.) don't ruin characters we've had since the beginning and just xhange them up. Makes no sense and shits on the fans.
    oh yeah those are 2 solid options. instead of Albert Wesker we're going to have an unnamed police officer who is the most minor of characters in RE2 lead the show. yeah that'll generate LOADS of interest. /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    oh yeah those are 2 solid options. instead of Albert Wesker we're going to have an unnamed police officer who is the most minor of characters in RE2 lead the show. yeah that'll generate LOADS of interest. /s
    Literally everybody likes marvin and the fact you don't know his name makes me think you don't even care about the series so any opinions you have about it are irrelevant

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Literally everybody likes marvin and the fact you don't know his name makes me think you don't even care about the series so any opinions you have about it are irrelevant
    says the person who keeps banging on about identity politics and shit after being warned not to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    says the person who keeps banging on about identity politics and shit after being warned not to.
    I literally don't care what mods think. But anyway, resident evil is my third favorite game series so yes my opinion is relevant

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    As some one who liked all of the Allice resident evil movies baring the last one this looks on par or better then all of them and racoon city, hopefully it can hit the bar of the animated movies as well.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might check it out out of morbid curiosity, but this tickles my nostalgia boner more:

Last edited by Ayirasi; 2022-05-16 at 11:08 PM.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Might check it out out of morbid curiosity, but this tickles my nostalgia boner more:

https://youtu.be/7HGqcifonvs
    God I want this to be good so badly, the last predator movie was a absolute travesty.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    God I want this to be good so badly, the last predator movie was a absolute travesty.
    Yeah, I enjoyed 10 Cloverfield Lane quite a bit, and Trachtenberg's direction on The Boys S01 E01 was solid, so I'm optimistic.

But for Netflix RE, I'm expecting a dumpster fire, which is fine, because sometimes I crave hot garbage.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'll watch this a few times, just to cover everyone, it's ok. Lemme know if you insist on a hate-watch so I can cross you off my list of people to cover.
    I'm pretty sure they can tell. Like if the director buys like 5000 computers and mines his own show for ratings, there is no way they wouldn't catch on to that, lol.

Pretty interesting though, like, could I pay a mining farm to love-watch my show I made to drive up the ratings for a few days, to keep Netflix from firing me?

I'm pretty sure whoever made that trailer was banking on such a thing to make up for how bad it was.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I enjoyed 10 Cloverfield Lane quite a bit, and Trachtenberg's direction on The Boys S01 E01 was solid, so I'm optimistic.

But for Netflix RE, I'm expecting a dumpster fire, which is fine, because sometimes I crave hot garbage.
    IMO, The Boys is a flawed but solid adaptation so far, with interesting spinoffs from the original source material and changes where the television crowd may think the edges are too rough for them. I haven't seen RE yet, but I think it has a very low chance of being in the same league...to start off the source material sucks compared to The Boys, but it is still pretty good overall. However, this trailer looks worse than I could have ever imagined. The power of the sun in the palm of whoever's hand made that trailer, it is certainly a legendary item....just not in a good way.

It is so bad it is a mockery of itself, and I'm super glad it came out, because the joy I would have gotten from another average RE adaptation is much smaller than the joy I will get from the internet mocking this trailer for all time, in a decade someone will post this trailer and this will still be good for a laugh, because it is just so so bad it may be good.

No one ever may make a worse trailer than this one. Only match it. No trailer is of course far better, so one has to get like super-artistic to make one this bad. It can't be easily made up, it must be planned and replanned, then a group must meet to discuss ways to make it worse, it must be casted poorly and only then can it be filmed. It must be on expensive film and highly produced otherwise, in order to pass the uncanny valley and reach the Netflix Resident Evil level of bad.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-05-17 at 08:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Take my money this looks interesting, is this Predator meets native American's? I mean if they are going to do predator movies from different time periods I am all for it lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Oh HELL Yeah...

Now gimme aliens...c'mon..gimme more aliens...
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.