Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    But if dying in SL makes you super dead, what would happen if living draka went to SL and killed SL draka? Would it cause Draka reset?
    A Draka paradox, which opens a metacosmic black hole that would eventually consume the entirety of the Warcraft metacosm leaving only a scintilla which may or may not spark an entirely new universe.

Realistically, I have no clue. Although if individual strands join the composite entity reflexively then I would suppose a "new" Draka journeying into the Shadowlands would never be afforded the chance to kill the composite entity before joining it. Another example of a plot hole would be an irredeemably evil Draka from some other continuity were to merge with the existing Draka in Maldraxxus, thus changing her alignment slightly or something. Although I suppose the Arbiter is capable of discerning if that is possible during the initial judgment.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

But if dying in SL makes you super dead, what would happen if living draka went to SL and killed SL draka? Would it cause Draka reset?
    Judging by his answer, he says that time is no connected to death so all the Draka's will live out their mortal lives and each version of Draka that dies will cease to exist upon death.

Whatever Danuser feels like pulling out of his ass at the time, grinning like a baboon at his own "cleverness". Like the idiotic "rope" answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Maybe being super dead is just the next step in cosmic ladder of milking soul energy! The Pantheon of Death being extra sketchy withholding this information, find out the truth in patch 12.0.1!

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    If your story isn't completely about time/reality travel, it's god damned suicide to introduce time/reality travel.
    I was just talking to a friend about this. Time travel only works when time travel is the centerpiece of the story.

5+ Year Old Account
    You'd get a blue screen of death

In all seriousness, this is the same "one single Legion across infinite timelines" BS, you'd think Dansylvanasuser would think twice before making such a blunder AGAIN. But who am I fooling, we are discussing the same guy who said that Garrosh 2.0 in BfA was more "nuanced" roflmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

It just reminds me of Futurama https://comb.io/J6ZoC5

The thread and rope answer is only going to result in more lore headaches if they do not elaborate it well or if it just a at the moment answer Danuser cooked up.

Only scenario that I can think this would work, would be if the characters we meet in shadowlands are still threads. Garosh, whom we possibly meet at Revenderth, is the thread that was filled with pride. When cleansed that thread will join the "Rope" as it moves on. Where that Rope might be, I do not know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    You know lads it got me thinking - if shadowlands characters are amalgamates of all AU versions, then shouldn't we meet shadowlands version of jaina, tyrande and baine (and many others) because of end times?

7+ Year Old Account
    You know lads it got me thinking - if shadowlands characters are amalgamates of all AU versions, then shouldn't we meet shadowlands version of jaina, tyrande and baine (and many others) because of end times?
    Well yes, but actually. No

Shadowlands was a bad idea
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Depends on what the End Time actually was, really. If it was an aberrant and now aborted timeway that never came to pass, possibly not - or at least not to a degree that would matter. If it was a stable and still extant timeway then presumably yes, at least to some degree. Of course the Jaina, Tyrande, and Baine we encountered in the End Time instances were themselves spirits, trapped in the timeway, so perhaps they never made or make it to the Shadowlands proper.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Depends on what the End Time actually was, really. If it was an aberrant and now aborted timeway that never came to pass, possibly not - or at least not to a degree that would matter. If it was a stable and still extant timeway then presumably yes, at least to some degree. Of course the Jaina, Tyrande, and Baine we encountered in the End Time instances were themselves spirits, trapped in the timeway, so perhaps they never made or make it to the Shadowlands proper.
    I would assume that he is showing us future of AU, so as far as we are concerned End times did happen, just not in our timeline. As for spirits maybe they got sliced like uther who had part of his spirit in SL, in frostmourne, in plaguelands and in mudmugs basement (citation needed).

There are other examples, like in the one in which Jaina drowned Orgrimmar and the horde went absolutely ballistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I would assume that he is showing us future of AU, so as far as we are concerned End times did happen, just not in our timeline. As for spirits maybe they got sliced like uther who had part of his spirit in SL, in frostmourne, in plaguelands and in mudmugs basement (citation needed).
    Impossible to say, really. Arthas was dead and Frostmourne shattered by the time the End Time came about in this timeway, so if they were somehow split it would have to be by some other thing with that ability.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    There are other examples, like in the one in which Jaina drowned Orgrimmar and the horde went absolutely ballistic.
    There are endless ones, pretty much every possible quantum occurrence that could occur in a "Many Worlds" type construction. But it's unsure if the timeways viewable in the Vision of Time are concrete or just projections, so to speak, no more real than the echoes summoned by Confessor Paletress.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Which made about as much sense as "Without its master, the Scourge would be an even greater threat".
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Basically he's saying that in time (over veritable eons in the timeless eternity of Death), all those strands will eventually coalesce or combine into a composite entity that is greater than any of the individuals that combined into it. So eventually AU Draka will join the composite being of Draka in Death, as well any other strands of her that exist in the multiverse. It also opens the door that the Draka we encounter in Maldraxxus is not herself *just* MU Draka who died when Thrall was an infant, she could conceivably be the composite of a few different Drakas from other continuities.
    So, basically, all alternative versions of 1 self will become a composite being in the Shadowlands? That's...actually kinda OP, ngl. It'd be like if every alternate Goku became 1 in Otherworld, therefore making him a Composite Goku. That's insane. Almost like the Thought Robot in DC, as well.

- - - Updated - - -

That also seems to tell me that the Shadowlands and its inhabitants transcend all realities, just like the Nether. Or any other Cosmic plane, apparently.

But where the hell is Varian???

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Well, you see...

The Legion likes to do this thing called "Fueling Souls for their machines". They also like to do this thing called "destroying souls". One of these 2 things probably happened to Varian, unfortunately. That is, unless his demi-god amps with Goldrinn gave him access to Ardenweald.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Guys, unless I’m making a terrible mistake, what Danuser said is complete BS for multiple reasons.

The thing is, AUs are pocket dimensions, e.g. the WoD case...they aren’t just part of a natural occurring multiverse...

Because if we accept a Multiple Universes theory, i.e. many “Great Beyonds”, many “Realities” existing.. in parallel with ours..then why would there be infinite Drakas in that case?

The other “Great Beyonds” would all start blank.. like ours did.

Each race would again evolve.. there would be different couples, different babies (based on which “sperm won”).. different people will die in each war so that the lineage of a family would end...

I hope you get my point. For example, if there was a parallel universe to ours IRL.. it may not even have an earth, let alone each and every one of us.

I know that you can come up with “infinite multiverses” which in the end would lead after millions of years to the same events. But IMO this is still impossible and a lazy explanation.

AUs are different. They are pocket dimensions based on time/dragon magic... But these are not “infinite”..

So there are not even “infinite Drakas”.. it’s just one Draka plus the AU one which could have ceased to exist (based on chronicles)...

I think they invented a bad solution for a problem that doesn’t exist.

There aren’t infinite Drakas, or Thralls, or Anduins.
    Last edited by Giannis-GR; 2020-10-07 at 05:37 PM.