Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    If they didn’t change heirlooms with the prepatch....leveling could be 3 hours maybe lol

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    interesting this means most optimal way to level up will be to stop leveling just before dinging next level then collect all possible rested XP , XP buff items and then spam que dungeons (constant 40 % buff uptime) with the same team :P and once rested runs out to stop leveling and swap to anther alt untill rested is fully restored

    booring but efficient
    Not correct technically Though possible

    Currently you can do it in 5 hours in WoD buuuuut legion and BfA have invasions and assaults also you make the toon now and park it until prepatch

  2. #82
    Dreadlord Malania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    800
    2 and 6 sets are pretty meh. I'd be happy if they changed the 3 to 2 and 5 to 4 bonuses and cap it to any 4 heirloom items.

    Then you just rotate heirlooms depending on an upgrade you've just gotten. I always found them dull but just mandatory so even when I did get a better piece it wasn't worth the XP loss.

  3. #83
    They only heirloom that really matters while leveling is heirloom and n'zoth tentacle trinket haha.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    what a shocker. Blizzard destroyed Heirlooms. Gave them crappy set bonuses as a band aid and then ignored them.
    Best things about shadowlands so far. They admitted heirlooms was mistake.

  5. #85
    The Insane General Zanjin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Heart of Azeroth
    Posts
    15,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    Best things about shadowlands so far. They admitted heirlooms was mistake.
    blizzard is a mistake.
    #tracerisawesomelycute
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ght=shada%27in
    Mods are bias
    "I believe in honor but when it comes to war i will do whatever it takes to protect or save my family" -General Zanjin

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    blizzard is a mistake.
    Well if its a mistake to entertain millions of people every day, I agree.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    So I dont know if this has been talked about previously and I dont want to spam the forums and make a new thread just for this, but how about Legion legendaries?

    Will I be able to equip one from level 10?
    Required level is 40 and special effects are disabled.

    However, the crafted belts have 3 sockets so there is that.

  8. #88
    Mechagnome Crysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Required level is 40 and special effects are disabled.

    However, the crafted belts have 3 sockets so there is that.
    Yup, went and checked. I think the effect will actually work on level 40? Right now on Live they are disabled as well for max level characters, but still work during leveling.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    Yup, went and checked. I think the effect will actually work on level 40? Right now on Live they are disabled as well for max level characters, but still work during leveling.
    Nope, disabled for everyone


  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    If they didn’t change heirlooms with the prepatch....leveling could be 3 hours maybe lol

    - - - Updated - - -



    Not correct technically Though possible

    Currently you can do it in 5 hours in WoD buuuuut legion and BfA have invasions and assaults also you make the toon now and park it until prepatch
    Which would be great, if your getting the game 15 years after its release your not playing it for the leveling content anyway. Any way to make the worst part of the game go quicker is a huge + for me. I despise Quests and Leveling so the faster its done the better.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    Best things about shadowlands so far. They admitted heirlooms was mistake.
    I guess I am fine with them thinking that, just refund me the Gold I've wasted on all the upgrades and items and Ill be happy. I've got like 100K gold invested in these damn things and now they are worthless.

  11. #91
    The one thing I hate about the heirloom bonuses is the rested XP bonus... leveling is relatively quick in Shadowlands, so it's pretty useless unless you're one that has a legion of Alts that remain untouched for weeks or months... Would've preferred a movement speed buff, be it a static or dynamic boost on kill that's active out in the open world while questing.

  12. #92
    Mechagnome Crysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    553
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Nope, disabled for everyone

    Well damn. Another fun thing about leveling gone.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Which would be great, if your getting the game 15 years after its release your not playin g it for the leveling content anyway. Any way to make the worst part of the game go quicker is a huge + for me. I despise Quests and Leveling so the faster its done the better.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I guess I am fine with them thinking that, just refund me the Gold I've wasted on all the upgrades and items and Ill be happy. I've got like 100K gold invested in these damn things and now they are worthless.
    Not worthless

    From the numbers we can assume the reason leveling is so fast is because they baked in the exp bonus from heirlooms

    So with that in mind the heirloom gear now scales and has rested exp last 60% longer

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Heirlooms in BfA are way too good, as they have been since their introduction. This is a good change that reduces the ridiculous overpoweredness that was completely unnecessary.

    9.0 heirlooms are fine. The set bonuses are just bonuses.
    if leveling time is meant to be 6 hours 1-50 then heirlooms haven't been overpowered for a long time, and whats it matter? if you dont like em dont use them hahaha.. oh complainers dont like their own bs turned back on them
    besides pvp which should have some kinda template.. or just be twinks, whats it matter? you can whore up some heirlooms on an alt too.
    Make sure if you still play your voice is heard if it matters to you, Mine wasn't.
    https://simplearmory.com/#/us/aman't...ectable/mounts
    BFA is another failure on Blizzard for leaving out information yet again despite promising communication with players while Azerite armor is an unfun system forced onto us to keep us grinding.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    if leveling time is meant to be 6 hours 1-50 then heirlooms haven't been overpowered for a long time, and whats it matter? if you dont like em dont use them hahaha.. oh complainers dont like their own bs turned back on them
    besides pvp which should have some kinda template.. or just be twinks, whats it matter? you can whore up some heirlooms on an alt too.
    Not sure what you think your argument is, Heirlooms in BfA are stupid OP and Blizzard agrees "just don't use them" is never a good enough argument (see: flying).

    Not sure at all what you're trying to say in the final sentence, I've got almost every Heirloom, them being stupid OP isn't a problem for me other than quest rewards being useless - it's a problem for new players.

  16. #96
    The Insane General Zanjin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Heart of Azeroth
    Posts
    15,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Not sure what you think your argument is, Heirlooms in BfA are stupid OP and Blizzard agrees "just don't use them" is never a good enough argument (see: flying).

    Not sure at all what you're trying to say in the final sentence, I've got almost every Heirloom, them being stupid OP isn't a problem for me other than quest rewards being useless - it's a problem for new players.
    how are they OP when they are equal to greens?
    #tracerisawesomelycute
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ght=shada%27in
    Mods are bias
    "I believe in honor but when it comes to war i will do whatever it takes to protect or save my family" -General Zanjin

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    how are they OP when they are equal to greens?
    Never seen a green item with bonus exp.

  18. #98
    so come prepatch/shadowlands, are the heirlooms still upgradeable or do they scale 1-50 by default?

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    it's a problem for new players.
    Why would not having them be a problem for a new player? They are still able to reach max level, are they not?

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Why would not having them be a problem for a new player? They are still able to reach max level, are they not?
    Uh yeah, are you for pay to win microtransactions as well? The same argument can be applied to P2W games like Hearthstone. If you're fine with them, cool. If you're not, well there you go.

    If you still don't understand: a problem doesn't have to mean the issue is insurmountable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •