Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Heirloom changes come prepatch.

Couldn't find a topic with this information so figured I could just make one. So rather than each piece giving you xp bonus, its now set based.

(2) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced by 30%.
    (4) Set: Increases your out-of-combat regeneration in the outdoors, normal dungeons, and battlegrounds.
    (5) Set: Gaining a level triggers Burst of Knowledge, dealing (X) Holy damage to nearby enemies and granting you 40% (Primary Stat) for 2 min. Defeating additional enemies extends this effect, up to 2 min.
    (6) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced up to 30%.

With no xp bonus attached to them, I personally see no reason why they have to wait until 9.2 or 3 for heirlooms to work to 60 as long as you level a character to 60 without them first.

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    Couldn't find a topic with this information so figured I could just make one. So rather than each piece giving you xp bonus, its now set based.

(2) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced by 30%.
    (4) Set: Increases your out-of-combat regeneration in the outdoors, normal dungeons, and battlegrounds.
    (5) Set: Gaining a level triggers Burst of Knowledge, dealing (X) Holy damage to nearby enemies and granting you 40% (Primary Stat) for 2 min. Defeating additional enemies extends this effect, up to 2 min.
    (6) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced up to 30%.

With no xp bonus attached to them, I personally see no reason why they have to wait until 9.2 or 3 for heirlooms to work to 60 as long as you level a character to 60 without them first.
    What does patch 9.2 have to do with any of this?

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    He is wondering why he can't use heirlooms to level to 60 since they no longer offer bonus xp. I would say they don't want you to use it because it destroys the natural gear replacement players have while leveling ( current 480ilv toons excluded.)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    because currently they only work to level 50. they never add the boosts to the max level until halfway through the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    The reason is that they want people to actually care about gear from quest rewards etc., and that kind of gear progression is also what they balance around. People in full heirlooms would have significantly better gear than everyone else at every level simply because you have so many slots that scale up as you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    People in full heirlooms would have significantly better gear than everyone else at every level simply because you have so many slots that scale up as you go.
    Not really. Currently heirloom gear is either same ilvl or a couple ilvl lower than what you can get. They changed it awhile back to be like this because people complained heirloom gear was always stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Not really. Currently heirloom gear is either same ilvl or a couple ilvl lower than what you can get. They changed it awhile back to be like this because people complained heirloom gear was always stronger.
    Yes, but you get it in a ton of slots and immediately upon levelup. Your average ilvl will be higher than other people's, because they don't just replace that many slots every single level.

Well I'm fine with XP being gone, question is thou, how are the heirloom stats scaling? Heirlooms used to be better than green and blue but not epics. Does the same model gonna continue come prepatch or will greens / blues be easily replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Well I'm fine with XP being gone, question is thou, how are the heirloom stats scaling? Heirlooms used to be better than green and blue but not epics. Does the same model gonna continue come prepatch or will greens / blues be easily replaced?
    I am not in beta so cannot say for sure, but heirlooms on live are terrible with scaling. Some greens and nearly every blue you get as a random drop, chest reward, rare, etc are typically either at the exact same level or better.

I honestly don't expect that to change.

Weren't heirlooms the same quality as blues since forever?

Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    Weren't heirlooms the same quality as blues since forever?
    They used to be. But now they are around the same ilevel as quest reward greens. In BFA, I remember many times where a reward would have been better than what my heirlooms ilevel was at.

Quote Originally Posted by LostLocket View Post
    He is wondering why he can't use heirlooms to level to 60 since they no longer offer bonus xp. I would say they don't want you to use it because it destroys the natural gear replacement players have while leveling ( current 480ilv toons excluded.)
    That's still silly because it doesn't change the natural gearing process for anyone unless they opt in to it. And if you opt into it that is your INFORMED choice.

- - - Updated - - -

in the past they've re-enabled heirlooms in .2 patches
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Yes, but you get it in a ton of slots and immediately upon levelup. Your average ilvl will be higher than other people's, because they don't just replace that many slots every single level.
    Stats don't climb that fast tho. You can level 10+ levels atm and you get +1 main stat on your next gear. Sometimes of course gear procs into rare/epic which is very nice.
    Enchants on heirlooms on the other hand are huuuuuuge, which requires sending the heirloom over to your higher level toons, because many enchants require certain level. But not too high (shoulder and leg enchants require level 85 I think, but not much higher because then the heirloom scales more than ilevel 136 and then you can't put the enchant on it). Mark of the Hidden satyr, shoulder and leg enchants, glorious stats, cloak and ring enchants + weapon enchants are amazing. Really the only reason I'm not entirely sad for the continous fate of the heirlooms.

Fine by me. Any alts I level at this point would be purely to play with the new leveling experience, which I'm told is still faster than BFA+heirlooms.

Any word on heirloom ranks? I bought all these things to 120 and that cost me like a million gold. I got the use out of them I wanted so I'm not asking for a refund, but if I did get one, I could pretend I had enough saved up for a longboi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Stats don't climb that fast tho. You can level 10+ levels atm and you get +1 main stat on your next gear. Sometimes of course gear procs into rare/epic which is very nice.
    Enchants on heirlooms on the other hand are huuuuuuge, which requires sending the heirloom over to your higher level toons, because many enchants require certain level. But not too high (shoulder and leg enchants require level 85 I think, but not much higher because then the heirloom scales more than ilevel 136 and then you can't put the enchant on it). Mark of the Hidden satyr, shoulder and leg enchants, glorious stats, cloak and ring enchants + weapon enchants are amazing. Really the only reason I'm not entirely sad for the continous fate of the heirlooms.
    My horde main is an enchanter so it'd be good to know how item enhancers and enchants scale. As far as I know there's some for nearly every slot depending on the expansion. If they all scale to 50 now, you could make heirlooms even more powerful than they are now by augmenting nearly every equipment slot.

Off the top of my head, I think the Sons of Hodir had shoulder enchants, enchanting has necklaces, rings, and chest and probably tons of others I'm forgetting, leatherworking had leg armor in BC? There's got to be a list somewhere.

edit: this one looks decent: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...hanting_guide/ It then links to other guides. Looks like enchants exist at some level or another for these categories:

Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-09-27 at 02:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    My horde main is an enchanter so it'd be good to know how item enhancers and enchants scale. As far as I know there's some for nearly every slot depending on the expansion. If they all scale to 50 now, you could make heirlooms even more powerful than they are now by augmenting nearly every equipment slot.

Off the top of my head, I think the Sons of Hodir had shoulder enchants, enchanting has necklaces, rings, and chest and probably tons of others I'm forgetting, leatherworking had leg armor in BC? There's got to be a list somewhere.
    All shoulder enchants have been removed from the game except fro the mop inscription one, which requires a level 85-ish char to actually put the enchant on, before it scales up to more than ilevel 136.
    Enchants are all over the place. For neck and rings, Legion enchants are the only way, shoulders mop inscription, legs mop leatherworking or tailoring for casters (cata spellthread is better than mop spellthread tho which is funny). My allied race hunters are fully enchanted and it shows, and it's really fun.
    i even crafted potions and flasks for these hunters. At level 46 Elixir of the Mongoose is available and its op up till around level 70, with Haste Potion (that thing is overbudgeted for sure) in dungeons on every boss.
    I have no idea just how good these will be post squish, but I suppose still pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by LostLocket View Post
    I'm still using it because they are guaranteed gear that scales. The rested xp bonus is pretty good for leveling. Using them in Beta I haven't really gotten gear at a regular pace that was better than all my pieces. So yeah, they are still worth using IMO if you have them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    That's still silly because it doesn't change the natural gearing process for anyone unless they opt in to it. And if you opt into it that is your INFORMED choice.

- - - Updated - - -

in the past they've re-enabled heirlooms in .2 patches
    Oh for current expansion leveling.

My bad. Level 60 wasn't ringing a bell for me for som reason yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It is much better regardless, because the gear will still scale up with each level. If you're leveling in BfA without heirlooms you won't be able to replace so many gear slots every level with new items.

So currently on PTR Leigion items are not scaling, it has been mentioned several times, but no fix. So at lvl 10 the Green Weapon you buy from your order hall is lvl 46. Making heirlooms completely useless. You can also buy TBC epics at lvl 10 and they are lvl 28 making them even more useless.

Even if those two things are fixed 10-50 item scaling is so close having scaling armor is really no big deal. You barely notice a difference.
    Basically heirlooms are a gold saver for enchants. But you have to deducted all the gold you used to upgrade them so its still a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    because currently they only work to level 50. they never add the boosts to the max level until halfway through the expansion.
    I seriously doubt we will ever see 60 version. I have feeling every pre-patch from now we will have level+item+number squish (BfA cap reduced to 45 so 10.0 max chars can easy solo raids, SL 10-50).

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I seriously doubt we will ever see 60 version. I have feeling every pre-patch from now we will have level+item+number squish (BfA cap reduced to 45 so 10.0 max chars can easy solo raids, SL 10-50).
    no we will; they always put in updates for the heirlooms. at the start of BfA all heirlooms were capped at 110 and then in 8.1.5 you could upgrade them to 120 so you could use them to level in BfA. Shadowlands will be no different