Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    With original heirlooms gone I'm expecting Shadowlands exp requirements to be nerfed mid-expansion for alt leveling

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    no we will; they always put in updates for the heirlooms. at the start of BfA all heirlooms were capped at 110 and then in 8.1.5 you could upgrade them to 120 so you could use them to level in BfA. Shadowlands will be no different
    I have no idea why you think it will be exactly like before SL when entire leveling system (both old levels and 50-60 alt leveling) is completely changed. Heirlooms don't even have same purpose as they had pre-9.0.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-09-27 at 11:37 AM.

honestly i doubt i can see myself paying the upgrade cost just for rested exp to last a few levels longer.

Pretty old news. We’ve known about the heirloom nerf for a while.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...in-Shadowlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

what a shocker. Blizzard destroyed Heirlooms. Gave them crappy set bonuses as a band aid and then ignored them.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    what a shocker. Blizzard destroyed Heirlooms. Gave them crappy set bonuses as a band aid and then ignored them.
    i mean, they werent going to cut the time to level by more than 50% and keep anything that gave additional xp in.

unless you bought them very recentyly, you got your moneys worth.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    i mean, they werent going to cut the time to level by more than 50% and keep anything that gave additional xp in.

unless you bought them very recentyly, you got your moneys worth.
    oh nice the "you got your moneys worth" bullcrap again.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

They had a chance to finally make heirloom gear useless, but they backed down just like they did with flying due to the vocal minority complaining endless. Heirlooms shouldn't even exist.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wasted a boatload of gold over the years upgrading 100+ Heirlooms to 120.
    Oh well, Se La Vie...
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    They had a chance to finally make heirloom gear useless, but they backed down just like they did with flying due to the vocal minority complaining endless. Heirlooms shouldn't even exist.
    Why shouldn't they exist? They let people keep somewhat normal looking sets while leveling and help make up for item gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Why shouldn't they exist? They let people keep somewhat normal looking sets while leveling and help make up for item gaps.
    Zero gear progression in an RPG is bad design.

You do have gear progression. Just because its not all the gear doesn't mean its a bad design. Plus its always only been effective for old content which is important for an mmo to get people to the current content. Is scaling enemies bad rpg design because tons of games have them nowday? Don't they ruin the immersion of an rpg?

Hm. If they make leveling 50% faster, that's compared to the buffless, (possibly) heirloomless pace, right? Right now we have the 100% bonus + heirlooms. If you remove them, and every other means to get bonus xp, normalize everything (WoD is a breeze for example right now) just how fast leveling will be compared to right now?
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-09-28 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Hm. If they make leveling 50% faster, that's compared to the buffless, (possibly) heirloomless pace, right? Right now we have the 100% bonus + heirlooms. If you remove them, and every other means to get bonus xp, normalize everything (WoD is a breeze for example right now) just how fast leveling will be compared to right now?
    Right now with buff 1-120 takes about 24 hours to get 120 comparison its around 12-14 to get 50. That's at a normal pace.
    1-120 speed run was 17 hours but that was before the winds buff so I'll say 9 hours with winds buff.
    Speed run on 9.0 right now is 4hours and 40mins for 1-50

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    With original heirlooms gone I'm expecting Shadowlands exp requirements to be nerfed mid-expansion for alt leveling
    Unless they buff XP from the beta I felt like it did not take long enough and I quested threw completing each zone.

It's almost like heirlooms are an option that you can either choose to use, or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

7+ Year Old Account
    If you ask me, they should just remove the Heirlooms and give Gold back to players... since with the level revamp and question revamp... heirlooms are kinda pointless, the very existance of the Heirlooms where to make the leveling faster for alts... but since its very fast now... the very concept of heirlooms are kinda meaningless.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalika View Post
    Unless they buff XP from the beta I felt like it did not take long enough and I quested threw completing each zone.
    They already buffed the XP needed in the Beta, you need to do all main quests for all 4 zones and some side-quests/dungeons.

Unless they've changed this again, it's way too much for alters.

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    With no xp bonus attached to them, I personally see no reason why they have to wait until 9.2 or 3 for heirlooms to work to 60 as long as you level a character to 60 without them first.
    Because they've always done it. Even without experience bonus, it would invalidate the gear that drops while leveling up. Unless it is always better than heirlooms, but then what's the point of heirlooms?

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    It's almost like heirlooms are an option that you can either choose to use, or not.
    Online MMO dude, wrong argument.