Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What do you and your family disagree on?

can be anything

i would start

Brexit.

I'm the only one in the family that has no interest with horses... rest of the family competes with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Hummus. Shit is disgusting.
    My opinion of you just plummeted...

Not much actually. I get along great with almost everyone in my family. We don't all have the same interests, of course, but I can't think of anything that we disagree on or anyone whose views are opposed to my own for the most part.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2020-09-27 at 11:36 PM.

Bad hummus, which is most commercially sold hummus, *is* terrible! But good, fresh hummus is absolutely amazing!

We disagree on religion, politics, diet, most things come to think of it lol

My parents are religious, sosialist-conservative, big meat eaters. I'm irreligious, social liberal technocrat, plant based.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot actually, I have an aunt who is very religious and christian, although she really couldn't tell you much about the bible our faith or anything else, she would be more than happy to post and repost any BS, by MEGACHURCH scam artist. Although she is surprisingly a democrat just very conservative.

I have a cousin I am the closest too and love a lot who is also a democrat but 100% dead against abortions, he like my aunt are fucking lunatic conspiracy theorist with beliefs on anything from Elvis still being alive to 2pac faking his own death.

I have a God brother I am very close to whos a fucking Bernie brother, and yes, thinks everything and everyone is out to get him, he eats up a lot of that Alpha Male, Jordan Peterson crap.

I also have another Aunt who is frankly an oblivious racist, who Supports Trump and thought George Floyd and Breonna Taylor were criminals that had it coming, and also believe all the white cops would resign in Minneapolis to teach blacks a lesson.

I have an Uncle on my Dad side and a Cousin who follow the Nation of Islam, both are racist and anti semetic as fuck. Along with an Aunt on my dad side who is a NICE racist to white people.

Last but not least one of my best friends growing up turned into a fucking Michael Savage Alt-Right goofball.

I have an aunt on my Mom Side who is a Conservative Party supporter in Canada, Stephan Harper was the 2nd coming to her.

I have a cousin who is also biracial and is a self hating Anti-PC Trump Supporter

Outside of the above the majority of my family and the rest are great, small quirks, as we all have. The Family members I don't agree with I avoid like the fucking plague OR keep any kind of communication BRIEF and typically around the HOLIDAYS.

No I am not close minded, and yes, I have entertained the stupidity of all of the above, and NO no family or friends I am close to the majority do I ever all agree with, but the handful above, seriously make me question humanity.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    A lot actually, I have an aunt who is very religious and christian, although she really couldn't tell you much about the bible our faith or anything else, she would be more than happy to post and repost any BS, by MEGACHURCH scam artist. Although she is surprisingly a democrat just very conservative.

I have a cousin I am the closest too and love a lot who is also a democrat but 100% dead against abortions, he like my aunt are fucking lunatic conspiracy theorist with beliefs on anything from Elvis still being alive to 2pac faking his own death.

I have a God brother I am very close to whos a fucking Bernie brother, and yes, thinks everything and everyone is out to get him, he eats up a lot of that Alpha Male, Jordan Peterson crap.

I also have another Aunt who is frankly an oblivious racist, who Supports Trump and thought George Floyd and Breonna Taylor were criminals that had it coming, and also believe all the white cops would resign in Minneapolis to teach blacks a lesson.

I have an Uncle on my Dad side and a Cousin who follow the Nation of Islam, both are racist and anti semetic as fuck. Along with an Aunt on my dad side who is a NICE racist to white people.

Last but not least one of my best friends growing up turned into a fucking Michael Savage Alt-Right goofball.

I have an aunt on my Mom Side who is a Conservative Party supporter in Canada, Stephan Harper was the 2nd coming to her.

I have a cousin who is also biracial and is a self hating Anti-PC Trump Supporter

Outside of the above the majority of my family and the rest are great, small quirks, as we all have. The Family members I don't agree with I avoid like the fucking plague OR keep any kind of communication BRIEF and typically around the HOLIDAYS.

No I am not close minded, and yes, I have entertained the stupidity of all of the above, and NO no family or friends I am close to the majority do I ever all agree with, but the handful above, seriously make me question humanity.
    Woah nice your family has so many different characters and opinions. Almost my entire family couldn't care less about politics and has no strong opinions on anything political. My family has pretty much never talked about anything racial and I never heard anything really hateful. My grandpa kind of became an anti-cop SJW by watching MSNBC all day which is funny because old people are supposed to be more racist. There's a few Christians but I think they just want to believe in heaven and they barely ever go to church anymore.

Basically they just live their lives and until I found forums on the internet I actually had no clue that so many people cared about politics so much and that there was people who get heated and angry about everything.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-09-27 at 08:59 PM.

They think gaming is a waste of time/money.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    They think gaming is a waste of time/money.
    Then they're wrong! Games present you with a learning environment that helps you gain conceptual skills regardless of whether you're talking about a physical board game like chess or a videogame like Starcraft, Warcraft, or even something as simple as Tetris. Unfortunately videogames have been stigmatized among parents as a waste of time where as a game like chess hasn't been stigmatized even though there's absolutely no reason for why.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-09-28 at 12:12 AM.

Apple products. While Apple products have their use cases, I would never personally buy Apple products as it's mostly always severely overpriced hardware. That's not to say Samsung and other brands don't have overpriced phones and the like, but I don't buy those either.

Meanwhile my family insists on buying nothing but Apple products. It doesn't bother me, but I refuse to provide any tech support on their Apple products.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

They all think that anything animated is just for kids which is quite annoying.

I'm not communicating with my family anymore but when I was living with them they didn't allow me to play more than an hour

15+ Year Old Account
    Hummus?!

I thought you were of Irish/British/something descendance. Hummus is middle eastern/jewish food!

What's the story behind this disagremeent?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7+ Year Old Account
    Idk really.
    I don't have any real contact with any of my family.

And the few that i do interact with, mainly mom/brother/sis-in-law, we don't really talk about anything with any significant factor for disagreement.
    Preach!
    Hummus is vile.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Woah nice your family has so many different characters and opinions. Almost my entire family couldn't care less about politics and has no strong opinions on anything political. My family has pretty much never talked about anything racial and I never heard anything really hateful. My grandpa kind of became an anti-cop SJW by watching MSNBC all day which is funny because old people are supposed to be more racist. There's a few Christians but I think they just want to believe in heaven and they barely ever go to church anymore.

Basically they just live their lives and until I found forums on the internet I actually had no clue that so many people cared about politics so much and that there was people who get heated and angry about everything.
    Yeah I can't identify with anyone so obtuse as to live their life oblivious to politics. Sorry, especially against so many other things that aren't nearly as important specifically to a human beings life.

That said, I don't see life as being a measure of simply trying to agree with everyone, and to an further extent disagree.

However there is a fine line between disagreeing with someone on say their favorite flavor of Ice Cream or favorite contestant on whatever stupid TV show and whether or not you support things like access and a right to healthcare, or regulations that allow the top percentage not to take so much advantage that the least have to jump through special hoops to make a standard of living.

As to all the particulars, yeah I accept everyone for who they are, but the choices people make I am of another mind, I don't care how likable, cute, or even funny someone seems, I fucking hate racist, sexist, and homophobic idiots with a passion. But more than that I simply hate stupid people who intentionally fuck over and harm other people for what is essentially their own personal bias and problem. No human being made a choice as to how they would be born or where.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Religion.

I won't get into it because forum rules, but I'm an atheist and my father's a Catholic deacon. There's no hostility between us mind you, but we're complete opposites on religion.
    Putin khuliyo

The need for assimilation to uphold a peaceful society.

We disagree when it comes to games. They don't understand me.

10+ Year Old Account
    My mom still puts bell peppers in spagetti. We will NEVER agree on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Politics mainly. My dad was a Thatcher voter. My dad also voted for Farage and was a UKIP voter, and he was a leave voter for Brexit.

Thankfully politics don't come up very much in conversations lol. But when something dumb happens at least I can come back with ';well you voted for it' and that usually puts him in his place :P