Shadowlands Outdoor scaling.

Hey.
    I cant find any information on this, but did blizz keep the mob scaling outside with gear? It was one of the most offputting inventions that pushed me even further into quitting the game, as my mythic raid geared character cleared mobs slower than a green geared demon hunter in Legion.
    Any info?

I would assume scaling is still there since they have not stated otherwise.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Straga21 View Post
    Hey.
    I cant find any information on this, but did blizz keep the mob scaling outside with gear? It was one of the most offputting inventions that pushed me even further into quitting the game, as my mythic raid geared character cleared mobs slower than a green geared demon hunter in Legion.
    Any info?
    yeah you gonna need to show some stats for a claim like "as my mythic raid geared character cleared mobs slower than a green geared demon hunter in Legion" cause the mob scaling system was designed that you still grew in power compared to the mobs (IE if you gained 25% more damage the mob gained 10% hp). The system was implemented because we gain so many ilvl per expac they didnt want every mob to be 1 shot once you have raid gear, and I have seen no mention of them removing it.

Hey.
    Any info?
    This is wrong. The more gear you had, the faster you killed outdoor enemies. The increased life scaled waaay below the increasing damage via gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    This is wrong. The more gear you had, the faster you killed outdoor enemies. The increased life scaled waaay below the increasing damage via gear.
    Elemental shaman, had 9/11 mythic cleared from antorus , questing was a pain in the ass, then i went in with a demon hunter pulled 20 mobs together killed them with 1 eye beam , healed to full from the shard and went forward. they might have made it better in bfa i dont know as I asked this same question about gear scaling and played only for a month. Outdoor questing was never that balanced between classes but once you had mythic raid gear it didnt matter you could melt anything even with the weakest class of that expansion. But they took that away

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    yeah you gonna need to show some stats for a claim like "as my mythic raid geared character cleared mobs slower than a green geared demon hunter in Legion" cause the mob scaling system was designed that you still grew in power compared to the mobs (IE if you gained 25% more damage the mob gained 10% hp). The system was implemented because we gain so many ilvl per expac they didnt want every mob to be 1 shot once you have raid gear, and I have seen no mention of them removing it.
    no stats just experience

I hate the mob scaling as much or maybe even more than having to do pathfinder to fly.

Imagine quitting because you can't kill mobs in 1 hit. Anyways, i don't think this is a thing anymore, unfortunately.

Elemental shaman, had 9/11 mythic cleared from antorus , questing was a pain in the ass, then i went in with a demon hunter pulled 20 mobs together killed them with 1 eye beam , healed to full from the shard and went forward. they might have made it better in bfa i dont know as I asked this same question about gear scaling and played only for a month. Outdoor questing was never that balanced between classes but once you had mythic raid gear it didnt matter you could melt anything even with the weakest class of that expansion. But they took that away
    You said it yourself: elemental versus havoc. meh-solo spec vs overpowered solo spec. /discussion done
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-09-27 at 11:52 AM.

The scaling is a bandaid fix to the root cause, which is that the player power growth between raid tiers is like an entire expansion worth.

Remember back in Cata when T11 was iLvL 359/378 normal/heroic and T12 was 378/391? Good times.

Actually, there was a time, albeit it didn’t last long, where people were removing rings because it lowered their gear score and they killed mobs faster. Blizzard quickly fixed this, but it was common practice for a short while.
    I’m not saying that’s what the OP is bringing up, but there was a time the scaling was going by player equipped, where now it goes by overall. That issue actually did make it faster to kill mobs due to scaling.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is largely due to the difference in class, not gear. DHs were stupid in Legion and Ele shaman were notoriously awful in world content compared to most other classes. Your Ele shaman in Antorus gear undoubtedly killed things faster than when it was in ToS gear. If there was no world scaling at all your Antorus geared shaman would likely have been one shotting mobs from 8.0 world quests and WQ bosses would die in like 2 seconds and become huge choke points for Emissary.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Actually, there was a time, albeit it didn’t last long, where people were removing rings because it lowered their gear score and they killed mobs faster. Blizzard quickly fixed this, but it was common practice for a short while.
    I’m not saying that’s what the OP is bringing up, but there was a time the scaling was going by player equipped, where now it goes by overall. That issue actually did make it faster to kill mobs due to scaling.
    This. It was a thing for like two weeks, almost three. They patched/tuned it just before Uldir opened up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Imagine quitting because you can't kill mobs in 1 hit. Anyways, i don't think this is a thing anymore, unfortunately.
    Imagine playing your favorite class then logging into a green geared new class that shit on every living thing that comes close to you without taking any damage. Kinda takes the fun out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

You said it yourself: elemental versus havoc. meh-solo spec vs overpowered solo spec. /discussion done
    Wasnt really a discussion, it was a question whether they removed the shitty system or not

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    This is largely due to the difference in class, not gear. DHs were stupid in Legion and Ele shaman were notoriously awful in world content compared to most other classes. Your Ele shaman in Antorus gear undoubtedly killed things faster than when it was in ToS gear. If there was no world scaling at all your Antorus geared shaman would likely have been one shotting mobs from 8.0 world quests and WQ bosses would die in like 2 seconds and become huge choke points for Emissary.
    Which is kinda why i like raiding. I know its different for everyone so there can never be consensus but i for one really enjoyed coming out of full SOO hc gear in pandaria with my lock and hitting 1,5 million chaos bolts on mobs outside of raiding

I don't really know if anyone bothered to test it... does it matter?

I think MoP was the last expansion where world mobs were allowed to drop anything of value beyond basic cloth and food regents. I never see anyone ever farming world mobs anymore unless its boomkin bots obliterating an entire area.

Quote Originally Posted by LostLocket View Post
    I don't really know if anyone bothered to test it... does it matter?

I think MoP was the last expansion where world mobs were allowed to drop anything of value beyond basic cloth and food regents. I never see anyone ever farming world mobs anymore unless its boomkin bots obliterating an entire area.
    I mean world quests were kinda important in both legion and BFA even if the mobs did not drop anything.

I mean world quests were kinda important in both legion and BFA even if the mobs did not drop anything.
    True but I can't ever recall dying to a world quest without it involving actions from a enemy player since... TBC I think with the simone says puzzle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it still exists since Blizzard is going to keep the seasonal approach to PvE content. The scaling has a cap though so the only reason why your Mythic raid geared character would have trouble is if you don't know how to play that character. I would guess that the start might be a little rougher just because you don't have as much support from the Covenants as you will later.

But if you quit over scaling you likely won't be happy coming back.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Wasnt really a discussion, it was a question whether they removed the shitty system or not
    In some way, indeed it is one. The whole point of your question is about how your mythic geared shaman is worse in open world than a fresh greeny dh. Without this gear, the shaman would've had it even harder, as gearscaling is stronger than hp% scaling. So.. yeah, the discussion is over, as you got the information that it's is about the class/spec, while the scaling is not even remotely a problem, at all.

In some way, indeed it is one. The whole point of your question is about how your mythic geared shaman is worse in open world than a fresh greeny dh. Without this gear, the shaman would've had it even harder, as gearscaling is stronger than hp% scaling. So.. yeah, the discussion is over, as you got the information that it's is about the class/spec, while the scaling is not even remotely a problem, at all.
    Where do you get that from? the scaling is precisely the problem, hence my question if they took it out. I DID get the information that it still exists, which is one of the Many reasons why i stopped playing retail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    Short version: OP doesn't like scaling, and expects to one-shot everything outside raids because of his raid gear.

That is not how it will be, so OP might as well walk away now, and find something else where he can play in God-mode.
    Short version: Yes, that is what I've been doing the past 2 years , as God-mode is a part of a lot of scaling/leveling/gearing rpgs and have been a part of wow for far longer than the scaling stuff. And I know a lot of other players who feel the same.

are you talking about that stupid ilvl scaling? (where mobs got "stronger" after a certain ilvl)
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor