Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Well, then you need to get the card with 2 of the good resistors, and don't overclock. Underclock! 50mhz less, power 95~+/-.
    You can OC fine with a 2/4 setting its completely stable as reviews show day in day out. There is absolutely no further benefit from full MLCC when even 1/5 stabilizes the cards.
    WoW forums in a nutshell:
    m8 i've been around since Feb 2005, I know it all.
    So I was using a gold dupe hack. I don't know why i was banned for this. It is so unfair.
    People need an incentive to play content. "Its fun!" is simply not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    You can OC fine with a 2/4 setting its completely stable as reviews show day in day out. There is absolutely no further benefit from full MLCC when even 1/5 stabilizes the cards.
    Even 0 MLCC arrays make for stable cards nowadays..
    But as Der8aur showed in a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud6NrbJllzk) you can get a slight performance bump with more MLCC arrays, since power is more stable

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Even 0 MLCC arrays make for stable cards nowadays..
    But as Der8aur showed in a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud6NrbJllzk) you can get a slight performance bump with more MLCC arrays, since power is more stable
    MLCC have certain "vulnerabilities" do you think it makes a difference if theres more MLCC? Like im thinking TUF is full MLCC which in my mind "exposes" the GPU to statistically more chances of something going wrong.
    WoW forums in a nutshell:
    m8 i've been around since Feb 2005, I know it all.
    So I was using a gold dupe hack. I don't know why i was banned for this. It is so unfair.
    People need an incentive to play content. "Its fun!" is simply not enough.

I bought MSI 2080Ti Gaming X Trio for cheap. €600. With nearly 2 years warranty left. Works like a charm, +125mhz core and +1000mhz memory. Will try the 400W bios on it.
    Might just keep it and wait for refresh.

But if you want to be picky about 3080, Go for Asus Tuf. It's faster than the more expensive MSI 3080 Gaming X Trio while being quieter and cooler.
    Not sure if Strix is worth the €200 higher price sticker here in Sweden, but I read it's closing on RTX 3090 performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    MLCC have certain "vulnerabilities" do you think it makes a difference if theres more MLCC? Like im thinking TUF is full MLCC which in my mind "exposes" the GPU to statistically more chances of something going wrong.
    There's more chance of one of the caps being bad, but also less risk that a bad one will do any damage. MLCCs are (generally) more expensive, but they can store and release their stored charge more quickly, since it's smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I bought MSI 2080Ti Gaming X Trio for cheap. €600. With nearly 2 years warranty left. Works like a charm, +125mhz core and +1000mhz memory. Will try the 400W bios on it.
    Might just keep it and wait for refresh.

But if you want to be picky about 3080, Go for Asus Tuf. It's faster than the more expensive MSI 3080 Gaming X Trio while being quieter and cooler.
    Not sure if Strix is worth the €200 higher price sticker here in Sweden, but I read it's closing on RTX 3090 performance.
    That's a lot of extra money for a strix. I probably wouldn't do it for a 3080 personally.
    A 3080 is what.. 800 euro? You'd need 25% more performance from the Strix (or for it to be significantly quieter, and value that enough) for it to be worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Thenadrys View Post
    From what I'm hearing there's quite a big difference between cards because the built-in NVIDIA boost software can make cards with lower quality components crash.

So my question is... does anyone know which are which so far? What cards or manufacturers are confirmed good and which are crashing?

The matter is quoted on both Tomshardware PC Gamer and elsewhere, but I'm not allowed to post links yet apparently
    the tldr of the review i glanced at was basically: there aren't any significant performance differences, but the worst one was 12 dB louder than the best one so that's worth looking into.

considering how supply is atm i wouldn't worry overly much about the initial issues some of these cards have, good chance they will be solved by the time it's your turn to receive a card (aka probably next year).

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    the tldr of the review i glanced at was basically: there aren't any significant performance differences, but the worst one was 12 dB louder than the best one so that's worth looking into.

considering how supply is atm i wouldn't worry overly much about the initial issues some of these cards have, good chance they will be solved by the time it's your turn to receive a card (aka probably next year).
    It's been that way since Pascal. Reference board is sufficient to get the job done, plus there is a lot of limitations Nvidia puts up to segment the product stack and limit power consumption. But considering how the GPU Boost works better temperatures will directly influence the performance, so the good cooler still matters.
    i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz cooled by Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6+ | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000/CL15 @ 3200/CL14 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II / Samson SR850 | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B