Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    As much as I think people believe they are casual, anyone with achieves over 30k IMO isn't casual lol

Asmon has like 1k more than you and he literally plays wow 10+ hours every single day of his life

I play probably 2 hours PER day and I'm like 10,000 below you, obviously I do other things (my feats compared isn't even close) but again - if you look at how many toys, titles, pets, and mounts you have ALONE that enough makes you look pretttttty hard in the game (or if you play clASSic "SWEATY")

tl;dr anyone saying that 31k+ achieves is casual is 100% fooling themselves (it's like when you go into LFR and act like your DAMAGE METER is broken and say "ANYONE GOT DPS FOR LAST BOSS" when you DAMN WELL FUCKEN KNOW you're so far on top people can't even see that high)
    You are right.. Someone with that mindset probably doesn't leave his house much everyday and plays WoW for half the time he sits on the PC. I guess in his mind he's some kind of casual, completely oblivious that he still plays the game too much

1. Not everyone knows about the site
    2. Not everyone is a collector

- - - Updated - - -

As much as I think people believe they are casual, anyone with achieves over 30k IMO isn't casual lol
    Depends on how you define casual, I define it as: Do you raid Mythic? Push 20+ keys? Compete for Gladiator or whatever the RBG equivalent is? If not you're casual. I play 12+ hours a day everyday, and I consider myself casual.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    It feels like OP made this thread only to brag about his 32k achievement point-score.
    I dunno, who brags about being world ~2000?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I dont grind, i get so demotivated when i look and im missing 20k achi points lol.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Well it's 2020; not 2004 - grinding is dead and gone, thankfully. Play how you want, when you want.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    1. Not everyone knows about the site
    2. Not everyone is a collector

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on how you define casual, I define it as: Do you raid Mythic? Push 20+ keys? Compete for Gladiator or whatever the RBG equivalent is? If not you're casual. I play 12+ hours a day everyday, and I consider myself casual.

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno, who brags about being world ~2000?
    Djuntas-Ravencrest, apparently.

Im keeping my 133 616th spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    A hardcore casual in other words
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    You are right.. Someone with that mindset probably doesn't leave his house much everyday and plays WoW for half the time he sits on the PC. I guess in his mind he's some kind of casual, completely oblivious that he still plays the game too much
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    It's not really about how you "define" casual. It's a popular word in the English language that has a universally agreed upon meaning that you can't just redefine as you want. If you play a game for 12 hours a day, you are a hardcore player of that game. That's all there is to it. You may not be a hardcore raider, but you are a hardcore player for sure. On another note, the term "hardcore casual" some people have been pushing lately is an absurd contradiction in terms. Collectors and mount farmers can be hardcore too, and pve elitists should get over it, and probably even more importantly, collectors themselves have to get over it and acknowledge that they aren't worse.

I feel like it's because many people have this "pve/pvp complex" that they feel they are players of some worse sort because they don't do activities that are seen as main. So even if they are hardcore collectors, deep down they were convinced by some vocal people in the community thay they aren't actually playing the game. Back in the old days, up until like Wrath or Cata, maybe that was the case. These days the completionist gameplay is infinitely longer and more complex than any raid or dungeon. It's long been on par with other activities as a possible way of playing the game.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I haven't seriously pursued achievement points since their original introduction back in WotLK. I nevertheless play a lot and if an achievement or meta achievement has a reward I want, I'll do whatever grinding is necessary to achieve it. I'm sitting at 30.1k achievement points despite not actively grinding out unnecessarily contrived achievements and with barely any pvp achievements completed.

That said, I believe my achievement points reflect the amount of time I've played this game rather than the effort I put into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Its just a number - If im, with a casual playstyle of not going very hard imo, are top 3000, I imagine the people under me many of them barely even grinds. I know what a HUGE difference there is between just 31k or 30k nerd points, let alone 28k which I figure is enough for 20k world rank.

And I say casual because like all of 2020 it feels like I barely grinded anything, just been bored in wow making a lot of gold on my bank alt. Also played classic wow for like 2 months total or so. I know when I go hard in wow, did that beforehand and that I cba anymore, yet im still good today.
    Casual - 30k achievement points, which most of them require at least XX hours a week to grind. You're not casual.

For me this post is just an odd attempt to flex with your achi points. This would be impressive if there weren't many people with higher score.
    Last edited by HCLM; 2020-09-28 at 07:56 AM.

TS, just shut up really, u have 31k achievements so stop pretending u are super casual just shut up rly =))))

iam playing since vanilla and iam doing all raiding content and i have like 18k only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    I never found grinding interesting.

In fact back when they first introduced achievements in WoW, one of the main complaints of the community at the time was that "this stuff doesn't belong on PC games, but is for kids on Xbox games." A principle which I adhered to myself and due to which I avoided trying to pay attention to achievements for much of TBC and WotLK.

Personally I loosened up a bit to the idea of achievements (obviously), but I still don't see the point in hunting them. Attaining a certain "point" in a game never interested me. I always have only cared about being a power-level player, doing content that gives me meaningful or cosmetic upgrades.
    Achievements were added in WotLK, so even if you wanted to you couldn't pay attention to them in TBC.

I totally agree with you - I'm not one to disagree with that logic because again players like me who do a VERY wide variety of content from achieves, to collections (titles, mounts, pets, GOLD), to just literally messing around, to pvp, m+, gearing, all kinds of dumb shit - I guess I should of massively highlighted things like Feats of Strength, or Mounts, Pets, Achieves, vs Gearing/IO/Raiding/high level pvp.. because the simple fact is - if I just simple logged into wow and ONLY CARED about achieves - I could indeed have the 30,000 or so.. but lets be honest, That's a lot of actual busy work and doesn't sound like fun to me so..

Anyway I agree with ya, but you mayyyyy of missed the part that I quote " I play probably 2 hours PER day and I'm like 10,000 below you, obviously I do other things (my feats compared isn't even close) but again - if you look at how many toys, titles, pets, and mounts you have ALONE that enough makes you look pretttttty hard in the game (or if you play clASSic "SWEATY") " being a BIIIIIIIG thing to not miss, his titles, pets, and mounts alone are more than 99.99% of people on this forum, and people on this forum are SWEATYAFFFFFFFFFFFFF

This guys grade a trolling if he thinks over 31k acheives ALONG WITH that huge amount of toys, pets, mounts, titles, and the big time amount of time doing those things is casual unless he literally just got everything in a few hours.. come on mate
    The only thing I reacted to in your post was how I understood it, that 31k+ is never casual and it was just that point I wanted to, well, make a point about :P It's probably a very, very low percent who play some hours now and then and focus only on achievements. The most plausable casual gain of achis would be passively while doing other things and only by doing that every expansion would net you some 20k+ points. Totally agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I'd love to know what your /played is & how long you've been playing for, because anyone claiming 31k is casual is pretty nuts if you ask me.
    I have 22k or something and I've played about... 550 days? Thats 13200 hours, which is about 2.5 hours per day over a period of 15 years (131 400 hours). Or about 10% time of 15 years. This, ofcaurse includes many hours before achievements was introduced.

If you focus on achis then you'd get away with way less play time and way more points. I spent about 50 h on N'zoth mythic. I more or less only logged on to do that raid and that's 2 raids, 3-4h each every week. About 1h per day. I would probably be able to gain a lot of achi points over that time if I focused the time on achis instead.

Say 10-20 achi points per hour would net me 500-1000 achi points, playing 1h per day over 50 days. Not very hardcore, I'd say. With that phase it would take me 1550-3100 hours to get 31k achi points. Say 3100 hours. That's about 35 min played, per day, every day, for the last 15 years (2% time). That's caual. 3.5 h per week.
    Last edited by Zephire; 2020-09-28 at 09:13 AM.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    It's not really about how you "define" casual. It's a popular word in the English language that has a universally agreed upon meaning that you can't just redefine as you want. If you play a game for 12 hours a day, you are a hardcore player of that game. That's all there is to it. You may not be a hardcore raider, but you are a hardcore player for sure. On another note, the term "hardcore casual" some people have been pushing lately is an absurd contradiction in terms. Collectors and mount farmers can be hardcore too, and pve elitists should get over it, and probably even more importantly, collectors themselves have to get over it and acknowledge that they aren't worse.

I feel like it's because many people have this "pve/pvp complex" that they feel they are players of some worse sort because they don't do activities that are seen as main. So even if they are hardcore collectors, deep down they were convinced by some vocal people in the community thay they aren't actually playing the game. Back in the old days, up until like Wrath or Cata, maybe that was the case. These days the completionist gameplay is infinitely longer and more complex than any raid or dungeon. It's long been on par with other activities as a possible way of playing the game.
    But that's not what it meant within WoW before. Hardcore didn't really just mean you played WoW a lot, it meant you raided a lot. While a casual could play a lot, but not raid a lot. A casual raider was not really a thing in vanilla/wow when we talk about being casual or hardcore.

So yes, in WoW that did not always mean what you said here. And about "hardcore casual", it was just a joke within the terms, but it could easily be applied. But that's the thing, casual or hardcore in WoW is not black and white. But within the terms in modern WoW, the normal definition you talk about could be applied I guess.

Many still think that a hardcore wow player is someone whos raiding mythic or playing at a high level in PvP. It might be wrong per definition, but it's widely used still. And just to add, I don't disagree about the terms you came with. It's just the way it could or can be applied to a game like WoW.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-09-28 at 09:25 AM.

I'm wondering how accurate this site actually is.

wowhead has different numbers for much of this.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    I'm wondering how accurate this site actually is.

wowhead has different numbers for much of this.
    According to the FAQ, that site should actually be more accurate than let's say wowprogress, because wowprogress only checks people in raiding guilds that are active in the current tier and actually removes people after 30 days of inactivity, whereas dataforazeroth supposedly "Data for Azeroth does attempt to proactively find characters by using guild rosters, pvp leaderboards, Mythic+ leaderboards, etc." In the end, who really knows how reliable all those things can be if they are not official highscores.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Whats more interesting is that me who has not played wow outside of 'expansion logging' for a month or two after wotlk in total is ranked at lowest 200kish in the world.

This site doesn’t have all the profiles on it. It says I’m third on honourable kills when I know for a fact I’m not. Someone I know on my realm has over double my kills and his character doesn’t show.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post
    This site doesn’t have all the profiles on it. It says I’m third on honourable kills when I know for a fact I’m not. Someone I know on my realm has over double my kills and his character doesn’t show.
    Has he played in the last 30 days

From the Faq

"Blizzard also requires consumers of their APIs to re-check each character every 30 days and delete any expired data."

I'd say >= 30k achievement points can be done on a casual basis if you've been playing the game since the beginning (even thought achievements weren't added until later). Well, there are some caveats, as the number of achievement points changes every expansion due to achievements getting retired to FoS status and new ones being added. However, the way achievements work is that acquiring them tends to get slower the more you get, due to nested achievements such as mount count achievements, and the increased difficulty of the ones you likely have left. This means going from 0 to 10k points is going to be a lot faster than going from 20k-30k, etc.

Now I used to go nuts with achievements and tried to them all every expansion... but now I struggle to find the motivation to do so. I have quite a few realm first achievements under my belt, but Blizz removed pretty much all of them, so my main achievement motivation got removed from the game. So I'm left with just the rest of the achievements, but there's some issues with those.

The game has been experiencing achievements going from being moderately interesting and challenging to grind-fests and boring busywork where the challenge is to stay awake. End of MoP saw this come into play with the "Going To Need A Bigger Bag" achievement, which was the downfall for me, especially when the did the retroactive change to make it account wide after I had collected everything with no grandfathering into the achievement. WoD sealed the deal with me with the archaeology achievements for the insane amount of pristine artifacts, Draenor Curator being the worst. Most achievements nowadays feel like they serve to annoy you, not try something new, explore, or challenge yourself.

Also, some of the PvP achievements are just dumb and occasionally require you to sabotage your own team to get them (some PvE achievements are like this). However, the WoD garrison building achievements you had to get in Ashran were probably the worst, with the credit only being party-wide in a raid of 40 people. While this is the extremely of poorly thought-out mechanics of an achievement, it's certainly not the only one that suffers from this, especially achievements that should be account-wide or retroactive in nature.

As a former collector, WoW has been going down that path where they flood the game with superfluous crap, some of which is tied to achievements. In BfA, I'd be curious to know how many mounts and pets were added every bloody patch, many of which are not guaranteed drops. It's gotten to the point where you need to put in an insane amount of time to collect everything in an expansion, with the faster options being get extremely lucky (which I'm not) or multibox to hedge your bets against the sub-1% droprates littered everywhere. Basically, achievement hunting and collecting is not what it used to be in my eyes, hence why I'm a former collector. That being said, I've been super casual in the achievement/collector department since the middle of WoD, and still managed about 31-32k achievement points.

If I had a wish that would get me back into achievement hunting and collecting, Blizz should tone down on the number of achievements by a lot, only add achievements that are potentially interesting or fun, and cut back on adding pets/mounts every patch and/or expansion (adding hundreds of pets and mounts each expansion just devalues pets and mounts to where they're just a number, too). The mentality I see from Blizz is volume >>>>> quality, and that does not motivate me to farm achievements and collectables.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Asmon has like 1k more than you and he literally plays wow 10+ hours every single day of his life

I play probably 2 hours PER day and I'm like 10,000 below you, obviously I do other things (my feats compared isn't even close) but again - if you look at how many toys, titles, pets, and mounts you have ALONE that enough makes you look pretttttty hard in the game (or if you play clASSic "SWEATY")

tl;dr anyone saying that 31k+ achieves is casual is 100% fooling themselves (it's like when you go into LFR and act like your DAMAGE METER is broken and say "ANYONE GOT DPS FOR LAST BOSS" when you DAMN WELL FUCKEN KNOW you're so far on top people can't even see that high)
    Its not to difficult if you have time management skills and been playing a long time.

In wrath I was just roughly 7200. I did have to grind vanilla and tbc content, but it was a case of doing something specific each day and knowing exactly what I wanted to do. I'd play about 3 nights a week 2 hours a night solo and two raid nights at 3 hours.

My achis now are at 16000. Once you fall behind on it, it just becomes a monstrous task that you would literally need hours every day to do. But if I kept up playing as I was, I probably would be at roughly the same number
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    So hey guys, a friend of mine linked this new site, and once again the same picture I saw in WOD, is still present today end of BFA in 2020.

https://www.dataforazeroth.com/chara...ncrest/Djuntas Here is the link for my main.

I know I lack soooooooooooooooooooooooooo (...) many achievements, mounts and all that jazz I just dont bother grinding hard for. Im sure many people more motivated than me got them years ago even.

Yet what I find is a very relaxed / casual POV to grinding in wow ranks me at 2855 in world on achievements, 4000 on mounts.

I know grinding as much as this requires is just not even CLOSE to being everyone's cup of tea, but I will leave the last example: I dont collect pets anymore, sold all my pets in WOD, I just said...fuck it, I have my limits, I dont wanna haft to do pet shit. So now a days I have barely even done any pet achievements and so on. Yet even if I got rid, and still trying to sell new pets I get, Im ranked 89.000 in the world, when im not even trying to do anything for it, in fact im combating my own ranking.

What are your thoughts on this? When I dug into this in WOD I figured maybe the sites back then were a little inaccurate - I mean come on, wow is like basement dweller utopia, thats what we're all told, and its also supposedly has 3, 5, 6? million subscribers. But from the title only seems like MAX 20.000 people even grinds in this game.
    Same boat, ranked 3-20k, and I haven't even tried since WoD. I were, however, active in my grinding before that.