Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    We'll thats a good take on it, thanks. But it still surprises me, considering the genre of game and again how I feel how I play wow in 2020. Yes I hunt stuff, but as you lurked I miss a lot. Like I could get 500-1000 points within 1 month if I wanted to do that right now, but I just dont raid in general or do mythic, or do pet stuff, and I just kinda suck at PvP...Last time I seriously played PvP was back in TBC when I did reach 2k 2v2, but that was a different time when I was younger and restro druids + S/L warlock were beyond broken.

- - - Updated - - -

Just wanna adresse this part as well - I dont do transmogs, not sure how I even got 10k apperances, cause I only have 1 transmog I use on my druid (tier 4 :P). But I think its due to alts. My honor level was gained in legion I guess, I also did get a roll-back when that darkshore thing was going on, I abused a bug on timeless island for my HK's (Just havent bothered getting the last 10k for 250k lol), I do however quest a lot on my druid, its a goal of mine to do all quests using tracker addons, and then mounts...Again I know it seems like a lot, but I have had mounts I wanted to get as far as back as MOP, but I haven't bothered camping some stupid NPC for 45 mins. Also Discord groups...If you know where to find them its big, big help, not gonna go into details here, but if you are stuck on nasty BG achievements there are ways. So its about playing smart.

I think what Im trying to say is, I have played smart, efficient and I avoided the really nasty grinds...for now - Anyway back in was it WOD I made a in-game friend, top world achiever, at that time he even had Khan title and endless bag on island, and so on. I knew what torture that must have been, the guy quit in legion, think he sold his account. So I look at that old friend and see what he had.

Also another point is Im really good with making gold on the AH, it slowly evolved over the years, but since WOD I have made a fortune of like 50 million gold. This has also helped me just get whatever I wanted, maybe minus the more costly carries...So im also a guy that fuels that economy.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont know the real played, but maybe its like 600 days. I have been active on / off since vanilla through. Every expansion around 50-100 days of active play, aka no AFK. I guess that is a lot, but I also dont play to many other games (Like 10-15 games on Steam only), or have many other hobbies...I just watch youtube and play wow it seems lol.

- - - Updated - - -

This. I haven't raided since cata, but beforehand I did raid a lot and semi-hardcore in all expansions especially vanilla I raided a lot. And I dont do mythic+, or raid in general. It does not give me any rewards I care about etc :P

This, is my biggest problem with achievements etc in wow today. This trend with insane mounts / items / achievements started in MOP with stuff like the archeology crap or timeless island drops, but now every major patch adds new items I just wont bother grinding for ever - Like the new 8.3 zone mounts / toys etc. Low drop %, rare is not always up every week and long respawn timer...Its just zzzzz. Right now im hunting the last achievement for my island meta, but having 1 drop tied to week + another random drop I dont know how works sucks. Also I hate how we haft to rely on bugs and exploits - Like 1 example would be the world fish BFA added that had a bugged drop % early in BFA, but I generally dont play ekspansions on launch cause I dont like that, so I missed out on the bug there.
    See so you say you wanna do all your quests, you join discord groups for rares, you have tons of mounts except the real hard ones. And you go smart and efifficnet... Yet you call yourself casual... That ain't casual mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I remember there once was an achievement thread where you looked at the last person who posted and challenged them to getting an achievement they had yet to get. once that person accomplished that, they could come back to the thread and challenge the next person. It was fun and made some of the grinding a little more doable at times.

I used to chase achieves then they just flooded the system and stopped caring.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    I used to chase achieves then they just
    Made them annoying as fuck lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

20k people grind? Yeah maybe... I play the game to have fun I don't grind shit. You trounce my total score by 100k... even though I am 100k beyond you in pets. I collect but I do not grind. I take the long game... I know I'll get it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by handoverfizt View Post
    I remember there once was an achievement thread where you looked at the last person who posted and challenged them to getting an achievement they had yet to get. once that person accomplished that, they could come back to the thread and challenge the next person. It was fun and made some of the grinding a little more doable at times.
    Sounds like an end of expansion tradition that should be revived.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Made them annoying as fuck lol.
    exactly! the first ones were fun and made sense then it was like just stupid crazy.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    No.

Sure, spending that time certainly makes it likely that such players are more serious than others who spend less time. But being hardcore is about applying an extreme attitude to the game. Simply spending time playing the game is not a sufficient qualifier.

Being hardcore is about pushing yourself to the extreme and making significant personal sacrifices in order to achieve your game goals.
    If you're mountfarming for 12 hours a day, are you not applying an extreme attitude to the game or pushing yourself to the extreme and making significant personal sacrifices? Of course the sacrifes part might differ from person to person, but in general, spending 12 hours a day at a PC is still considered way too much in the real world. It surely wouldn't be a reach to call it "extreme behavior"

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Some weird numbers ...

615 mounts ? Lol wut
    https://i.imgur.com/FX3ALVa.png
    This site counts all the mounts cross faction, as well as all class specific mounts that aren't counted towards the main count in the game. Normally mount farmers like to look at "mounts usable on one character" and gauge themselves by this counter, which is of course way lower. This is also the counter that is used for the achievements awarded for collecting mounts. The site shows 622 mounts for me while I have 527.

If I wanted to work specifically towards the counter displayed on that page I could've easily increased it by a lot, by simply making a paladin of each race (they all have different mounts that are counted separately on this site). And other such nonsense, that I don't usually do because the mounts don't count as multiple mounts. I may do that when I have nothing else to do, but for now I prefer to go for more meaningful things.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-09-28 at 07:24 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

https://www.dataforazeroth.com/chara...baelgun/zyrinx

Bah #6 on my server for mounts, but I've never bought any of the horde specific ones. Also what Azerate said above with all the paladin races.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    The site says my prot warrior has 0 mounts, toys, and recipes despite being level 120.
    i have the same thing when i was in nerzhul actually showing etc very accurate while being in nerzhul server on my main, but i transferred my main from ner'zhul to area 52 and my data got completed fuck over.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just a veiled humblebrag thread. OP is crazy to think anything he has done is considered casual. I have played since prior to achievements being a thing, and i have 60% of the achievements that OP has with my seemingly pathetic 18880 points.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    If you're mountfarming for 12 hours a day, are you not applying an extreme attitude to the game or pushing yourself to the extreme and making significant personal sacrifices?
    You're already moving the goalposts here. I said that simply spending 12 hours a day playing the game wasn't a sufficient qualifier to be hardcore. Obviously it depends on what you do during those 12 hours and how you're going about doing it. Certainly having 12 hours available per day to spend on the game does create the opportunity to be hardcore. But I am saying that it doesn't guarantee it.

Regarding mount farming specifically: Again, it really depends on how you're going about it. For example, due to Covid I have been working from home. This presented me with an opportunity to farm a few mounts that required a significant amount of time camping, because while my character is parked somewhere waiting for a spawn, I am actually getting on with my work. I certainly wasn't pushing myself, nor was I making any particular sacrifice.

Hardcore mount farming means actually devoting the time first and foremost to the farm, not doing it on the side while focusing on something else. Also, it's entirely possible to be a serious mount collector without necessarily being hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Of course the sacrifes part might differ from person to person, but in general, spending 12 hours a day at a PC is still considered way too much in the real world. It surely wouldn't be a reach to call it "extreme behavior"
    Well the amount of time spent could be considered extreme. What I am saying though is that without the effort/commitment/devotion, it isn't really hardcore. Wasting time on a game is easy to do. Being hardcore requires work, dedication and focus.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2020-09-29 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post

Well the amount of time spent could be considered extreme. What I am saying though is that without the effort/commitment/devotion, it isn't really hardcore. Wasting time on a game is easy to do. Being hardcore requires work, dedication and focus.
    True. Hardcore gaming is about focus and dedication.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    would be pretty funny if the site only ranked People that had used it at least once.

Something seems off about rarity rankings for pets and mounts.

It tells me that 7% of people have the Mythic Garrosh mount, and 3-8% of people have all of the TCG pets. Both of those seem insanely high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    Has he played in the last 30 days

From the Faq

"Blizzard also requires consumers of their APIs to re-check each character every 30 days and delete any expired data."
    Yes he has been active.

This thread seems like some weird form of humblebrag to me idk. i got 2300 this season in arenas are really only 10k people playing arenas ? btw i got 2300

10+ Year Old Account
    If that's casual, I'd like to see those who dedicate all their time in the game.
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    This thread seems like some weird form of humblebrag to me idk. i got 2300 this season in arenas are really only 10k people playing arenas ? btw i got 2300
    All I know is that I dont play wow hard - I know if I went hard Id spend a lot more time. I also see my self as casual cause tbh...I play wow chilled, podcast / YT going always, not playing anything serious, mostly just very casual. Yesterday I did hertz locker before its gone, about the most serious thing ive done all year it feels like, minus some classic play.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Interesting site, but I dont find it very trustworthy at all. How would they gather data of ALL characters of ALL servers of ALL regions? This third party site that no one has ever heard of? Also, it says that my main, at 110k honorable kills, is #14 on my server - this is not possible. Way back in Wotlk, I was playing in a Twink-PvP guild, where many already had the 100k+ achievement (mind you this is like 11 years ago). It's not possible.

Would like a blizzard official leaderboards site like this one though, its a really neat idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Yet what I find is a very relaxed / casual POV to grinding in wow ranks me at 2855 in world on achievements, 4000 on mounts.[/B]
    Either your idea of "very relaxed casual POV" is very different from mine, or, again, the data is not accurate. I'm ranked 33,000 in the world on achievements according to this site, and i've been an achievement hunter for years. Sure, i'm nowhere near the most dedicated, but at near 25.000 achievement points, 95% of the time when i compare to other players, I got more than them.

So you're obviously at a very high achievement count or the site just isnt working. I seriously suspect the latter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Interesting site, but I dont find it very trustworthy at all. How would they gather data of ALL characters of ALL servers of ALL regions? This third party site that no one has ever heard of? Also, it says that my main, at 110k honorable kills, is #14 on my server - this is not possible. Way back in Wotlk, I was playing in a Twink-PvP guild, where many already had the 100k+ achievement (mind you this is like 11 years ago). It's not possible.

Would like a blizzard official leaderboards site like this one though, its a really neat idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Either your idea of "very relaxed casual POV" is very different from mine, or, again, the data is not accurate. I'm ranked 33,000 in the world on achievements according to this site, and i've been an achievement hunter for years. Sure, i'm nowhere near the most dedicated, but at near 25.000 achievement points, 95% of the time when i compare to other players, I got more than them.

So you're obviously at a very high achievement count or the site just isnt working. I seriously suspect the latter.
    Edit: I now saw your profile+ read the rest of the thread. Lmao, casual at 32k, that's just absurdly hillarious. Just admit that you're more hardcore than 99%.

I also can confirm the site isnt working, because it shows my main having no FoS or Legacy/unobtainable, and I have more than I can count.

Yeah the “you’ve done all you can today, come back tomorrow” carrot on a stick does not entice me.