Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilo View Post
    By that logic, there is very few things that count as games. God of war? witcher? mass effect? diablo? fallout? deus ex? not games, too easy, cutscene chasers, no reaction time, or hand eye coordination needed. Fortnite? Hand eye coordination, reaction time! Game!

Probably a troll post though, since that opinion is so bewilderingly without merit that it cant be serious. In case its not, just quit then, there's probably a handfull of real games for you to play out there.
    a lot of games are garbage, yeah. but wow, if you exclude pvp, really doesn't have anything worth experiencing.

i mean yeah on a forum like mmo-champ you'll find mostly people who enjoy it, but it's an echo chamber. that's the magic of the internet, whatever you like, no matter how terrible, you'll always find a bunch of like minded people somewhere

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This is what you said. You said;

Games = entertaining.
    Trivial activities ≠ entertaining.

We have explained to you that many "trivial activities" are entertaining to many people - watching sport, sitting on the beach having a beer, fishing, listening to music - the list could go on endlessly, as its entirely subjective. But your claim that trivial activities cannot be entertaining is the core of your argument, and has been entirely disproved.

You can try and be all high and mighty as much as you want, it doesnt bother me in the slightest, especially when you are attempting to argue something so pathetic and simplistic.

Now, if your argument was "i personally enjoy games that challenge me, and thus I dont enjoy simple games that dont offer that" then you would be having an honest and open discussion.
    i said "activity" instead of game in the second sentence, it was just a lapsus. my bad. doesn't really change my point

10+ Year Old Account
    You already made a big misstake in the first two sentences. Games are not always ment to be challenging to be fun, ergo your entire wall of text beneath that is pointless.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    MMOs are meant to be grinds.
    no they aren't

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    You mean like the logical fallacy that games need to be hard to be games?

Maybe its not other people but yourself that's the problem. Maybe try not going on forums?
    First off, I am with you that easy games, or games that have easy and hard parts are the games i like most. But tbf, your example was a quite obvious false dichotomy. You don't have either candy crush or Dark Souls like difficulty levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    First off, I am with you that easy games, or games that have easy and hard parts are the games i like most. But tbf, your example was a quite obvious false dichotomy. You don't have either candy crush or Dark Souls like difficulty levels.
    It was in response to someone claiming that if it isnt challenging, it literally isnt a game.

Quote Originally Posted by tamarin View Post
    no they aren't
    Well that is your opinion. Which MMORPGs did not rely on grindy systems (which were atleast a bit successful)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "I Quit/WoW is Dead" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead