Poll: Which holiday do you like more?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Halloween vs. Christmas

These are the two best holidays, and they very appropriately come one after the other. Which do you like more?

I prefer Christmas, because: 1) It’s a stay-at-home holiday 2) It lasts longer than one night. Indeed, the day before it is a holiday in itself. Also, people are generally nice on Christmas: it’s more about giving kindness than about egging people’s property.

That said, I love Halloween and scary movies. It’s the only time of the year that my fascination with darkness doesn’t feel out of the norm.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Halloween isn't really much of a thing here, so Christmas.

They both have strong feels for me.
    But...Halloween has always been this frustrating itch on my soul.

Prefer the cosy theme and atmosphere of Christmas. Plus it's the one time of the whole year for the family and friends to gather to celebrate at one of our houses.

I like the month of Halloween better than the month(s) of Christmas. Horror movies are just better.

I don't go trick or treating or to parties so if you're comparing Halloween day to Christmas "days" then Christmas is better.

I love horror films and books, so Halloween. Don't give a flip about Christmas- I am not a Christian.

Doesn't matter, we won't have any of them this damn year,

Christmas means spending time with my family, Halloween is spending time with friends, so I generally prefer the latter. I guess it also depends whether I have to spend Christmas evenings with relatives that I don't care for or are just annoying to be around with. I do love Christmas a lot more if there is actually snow around but that hasn't been a thing in my country for a long time. Halloween feels so much more interactive in comparison, so many fun events and getting to watch new horror movies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Xmas all the way for me. It's a special time of year to spend with loved ones.
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope #1 holiday is Thanksgiving, then #2 is April Fools.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I LOVE Halloween. Christmas, as an adult, sucks ass.
    not if you don't have children and are estranged from family.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Of those two, Christmas. Not Christian, but I love everything surrounding the holiday--relaxing, eating good food, a hot cup of cocoa, enjoying the cold winter.

But I prefer Thanksgiving.

Fall > winter
    Pumpkin > peppermint
    Spooky > joyful
    Supernatural > religious

Need I go on?

10+ Year Old Account
    neither. i prefer summer.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Halloween is more fun. However I think this year most of the fun stuff will be shut down due to covid precautions. I'm surprised that the ohio state reformatory is still going to be open for the season.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Halloween, but literally anything beats Christmas for me.

I don't celebrate xmas, so basically it just is a part of the year where stores are unreasonably crowded and I have to hear the same handful of grating songs ad nauseum for months straight, while having to navigate well-intentioned questions about my holiday plans without coming off like some kind of anti-xmas scrooge.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Winter Solstice (Christmas to some) is pretty good too if your family doesn't suck. Halloween though just has a cool vibe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the Halloween season more than the Christmas season. Halloween day is nothing but the end of it for me, dont really do anything on the actual day.

Christmas season sort of kills the spirit of the day. Its material and stressful. Being at the end of the year, its also a very busy time for a lot of people, on top of doing all the stuff for Christmas. Lots a busy work schedule, school schedules, people being laid off, a terrible month for mental health.Miss with me the green and peppermint too. Christmas day is nice though and the week between Christmas and NYE, almost makes it worth it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I enjoy both, though Christmas wins between the two since it lasts longer and Christmas food is delicious. It's also a great time to catch up with family and friends.

Halloween wasn't really a thing here until at some point in the 2000's, so I didn't grow up with it. Even now it seems to be only about attending random costume parties, which can be nice, though arranging a costume is a hassle, yet going with a simple & cheap option is lame in itself. Because I have such a shallow connection to Halloween I would say my favourite part is Overwatch's according event. Second favourite event after Winter Wonderland (which is Christmas).

With Christmas it's about a multi-day event with family, good food and presents, after which we get New Year's party. And I love the season too, lasting the whole of December, including Finnish independence day and company end-of-year parties to it. The only thing I hate about Christmas is how hollow I feel in January when it's all over and there's nothing to look forward to for some time.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?