Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Not sure if it’s underrated or not, but I always loved the massive expanse of Halls of Origination in Cata.

It was probably the closest we came to a “mega dungeon” from TBC until Return to Kara in Legion.

I really like WoD dungeons. Especially upper blackrock and everbloom

There was a lot of hate for Oculus but I liked the idea. I think they just made the 3 dragon "classes" too complicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excluding karazhan, that was my all time favorite btw, i have to say... Grimrail Depot.

I know, I know, but I just can't help it, getting on a train? Taking down bad guys? Man, I LOVED it.

The fights were cool enough too.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    The original Scholomance. Oh, how I miss that place.
    For real... but hardly underrated.

Underrated would be the likes of Blackfathom Deeps and Maraudon. <3
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

"classic" Lower / upper BRS were the best dungeons in the game. Most other ones that followed have been single path nonsense that are now designed to speedrun rather than being environmentally interesting.

Most WotLK dungeons are quite visually impressive. I think I always enjoyed Azjol Nerub because of the vertical nature of it, but its a really short instance.

I found the Kara revamp really enjoyable from both a fight perspective, and overall layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    The original Scholomance. Oh, how I miss that place.
    Yeah, creepy AF.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don`t think they are underrated, but i loved both karazhan & mechagon dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    most people's responses have been some of the best dungeons in popular opinion lol,the post is about underated dungeons you prefer...and that is kinda hard to say,you would have to check a website that tracked dungeon popularity by expansion...but even that may not be accurate as in many expansions,you didnt run the dungeons you liked and enjoyed you ran the most efficient ones,for badge farming or ap like maw of souls was....

but lets give it a go:

vanila: zul farak,i just love deserts,its almost always some of my favorite areas in wow,i loved games like mad max and assasins creed origins
    tbc: overall these dungeons never felt all that apealing,but escape from durnholde is one people didnt enjoy that i did
    wrath: pit of saron
    cata:tol vir
    mop:niuzao
    wod:blackrock
    legion:arcway
    bfa:hard one as i disliked most lol...but proly underrot,rly liked the design
    It is hard indeed, because people only got their experience to go by. I loved Arcway like you listed here, and most guildies did as well. But you probably have seen someone talk about it, or have a personal experience in how people say its bad, right.

So it's hard to get it correct. I guess Occulus like mentioned a few times now is one of those which were more like universally disliked.

Grimrail on the other hand that is also mentioned a few times generally got praise from what I have seen. Doesn't matter much, but as far as topic goes it's interesting to read anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    I don`t think they are underrated, but i loved both karazhan & mechagon dungeons.
    Yeah, we need more of those megadungeons!

I really loved shadow labs back in the day

For some reason I keep reading this thread title as "Favorite dragon" or "Favorite undead dungeon".
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.

I like Shadowmoon Burial Ground, with the crypts area opening up to a grand cavernous area further inside.

This is a tough one. I think my favorite underrated dungeon is either Well of Eternity or Halls of Origination.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I like quite a few every expansion. I think the ones I like the best that come to mind immediately are Court of Stars, Grim Batol and the troll ones from Wrath (Drak'Tharon, Gundrak). I just find them fun.

Utgarde Keep and The Nexus I loved Wrath.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

well of eternity, zulaman, mechanar

"Under rated" is rather vague because people have different tastes.

I personally enjoyed the TBC dungeons like shadow lab and the zangermarsh dungeons. They felt dangerous and kind of epic in a way
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Violet Hold would probably be the one most people wouldn't like that I do. I generally liked most dungeons up until Cata, after that they started being more hit and miss. I can't stand the MoP dungeons as a whole and can pretty much say the same for Legion and BfA.

Oculus
    sure it was painful to PuG because the majority couldn't be bothered to take fifteen seconds to read the dragon abilities and figure out the oh so complicated rotation, but if you went there with a halfway competent group it was fun. it's just unfortunate that the potential of vehicle combat was never fulfilled due to the action bars for them being overly simplistic in an attempt to make them idiotproof (of course idiocy was never the problem, it was pure laziness, so this didn't work anyway) so they were always too easy for competent players and too hard for pugs

Halls of Reflection; It was hard, stressful and probably the dungeon I've wiped most in during "Current content," but it was hella memorable as well. I still remember the boss quotes despite not being there more than a couple of times for several years, the escape from Arthas was a thrill the first time and helped build him up as the final villain.

Of the things that made Arthas such a good Villain, was the "show don't tell" approach that was used to build him up. All we get these days are mobs, quests adn NPCs telling us how dangerous the bosses and enemies are.