Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    "Omg I'm forced to play the game I pay for!"

  2. #122
    I usually don't take joy in the pain of others, but yeah, really going to enjoy this - if this is the actual case and not the fear based delusions of someone who takes a video game way too seriously.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    its basic logic...you want to be X,but you first need to get Y,you cant be X withouth Y,therefore if you want X you MUST get Y
    That is true, but, you are the one deciding that you MUST get Y. No one but yourself is forcing you. Ergo, it's not 'forced'.

    i.e. I understand why people feel they MUST do these things, but, it is still that person's choice, not something 'forced' by a third party.

  4. #124
    In defence of the OP, forced is the wrong word, but what he/she's getting at ain't too far off the mark.

    Imagine if you want to play football, but the governing body said "go play rugby first" - Why? I just wanna play football... "Rugby or your team plays with 10 players."

    In that instance, if you really enjoy playing football & want the best experience, you'll be playing that game of rugby, getting your head kicked in repeatedly doing something you don't enjoy just so you don't hold back your teammates whilst doing the stuff you actually enjoy doing.

    Meanwhile, the Fifa fans are just laughing at the football players going "LuL well you wanted to play football xd"
    Last edited by Toybox; 2020-09-28 at 05:56 PM.

  5. #125
    Well, this is alwasy the same.

    pve player ares forced to play pvp since some time but pvp player are forced to player pve since like ALWAYS.

  6. #126
    I'm the first to rant whenever they force people into content they don't want to do (pvpers into pve or pvers into pvp, both should be fine just playing what they love, rewarding "branching out" is counter productive and creates frustration).

    But this doesn't look to be the case, unlike the conquest essence which really was bullshit. The legendaries all seems to have abilities which you'll never prefer over pve legendaries. They're more remisicent of the old pvp set bonuses, which nobody ever said "damn i'd sac my pve set for that".

    I'm much more worried for pvpers who will still have to pve, because not every pvper can have duelist rating in the first months and blizz still refuses to make pvp gear scale better/have pvp only stats. Still better then bfa though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Well, this is alwasy the same.

    pve player ares forced to play pvp since some time but pvp player are forced to player pve since like ALWAYS.
    Untrue, in both wod and mop the advantages to playing pve were trivial, while the grand majority of your power came from pvp gear which scaled higher in pvp (or in mop case, had pvp only stats). You really could gear for pvp purely from pvp there. Why blizz gave up on such simple design is beyond me.

  7. #127
    I dont think you will need to play in competive lvl,many people did their arenas in BfA so they can get their rank 3 azerite and they never set foot in arena again,a rate of 1600 is easy to get (i assume it will be easy in SL too )and you only had to spend 3 weeks to get the trait and then you could stop ! what is 3 weeks in a patch that takes place for months? come on ^^ lets not whine about everything here

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Well, this is alwasy the same.

    pve player ares forced to play pvp since some time but pvp player are forced to player pve since like ALWAYS.
    I dont think FORCED means what you think it means. They choose to - its absolutely, 100% a pure choice of the player.

  9. #129
    The effects from the pvp vendors all seem to be utility and doesn't increase healing/damage which the others do. In fact, it seems that the effects from pve content are more useful in pvp than the other way around tbh.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    I don't play. I haven't played since 8.1.
    Ah, I see that my theory is accurate that all of these people who post pointless bitching threads don't even play the game anymore.

    Also, you don't know what the word "Forced" means. There are plenty of good dictionary sites out there if you're confused.
    Last edited by Sithalos; 2020-09-28 at 08:41 PM.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTFu...ature=youtu.be
    https://www.wowhead.com/guides/legen...the-runecarver

    A Memory of Sephuz's Proclamation Sephuz's Proclamation PvP Honor Vendor

    Some come from PvP, going to assume conquest vendor will have some too.

    How excited are you to be forced into PvP again for essences - I mean legendaries?
    cry more. until you realize there is another way to obtain them. but you enjoy crying so much this probably won't stop you.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    I don't play. I haven't played since 8.1. 9.0 is looking like "Don't play" too.

    "Don't play" isn't a good solution btw.
    Good riddance to bad rubbish. You yourself admited you were toxic and whiny. We don't want you back.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Having something like essence/orange craftable gear from pve/pvp isn't bad design.

    Bad design is where best way to gear up for pve is to spam pvp because its a lot faster (and vice versa).
    yeah, if something like that happened, with m+ for example, they would probably reduce the amount of drops and their ilvl.

    wouldnt that be weird

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTFu...ature=youtu.be
    https://www.wowhead.com/guides/legen...the-runecarver

    A Memory of Sephuz's Proclamation Sephuz's Proclamation PvP Honor Vendor

    Some come from PvP, going to assume conquest vendor will have some too.

    How excited are you to be forced into PvP again for essences - I mean legendaries?
    Having looked through them all that are available through PvP, none of them really stand out for PvE, except maybe a couple for high key mythics in niche situations, but all probably have a better throughput alternative. They're mostly highly utilitarian.

  15. #135
    make pvp power a thing so people can go about their business with pvp loot being unusable in pve and vice versa
    this fucking shit with "promoting crossplay" doesn't work since WoltK because game is much more indepth

  16. #136
    Who would have thought that players will start to feel themselves pressured to do things they don't like in the everlasting pointless endeavor of reaching "optimum"
    Absolutely shocking!

    Improve yourself by playing better, not by using the shortcut of cheesing everything with a cookie cutter build.

  17. #137
    Banned Lazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Your Moms House
    Posts
    3,721
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    "Forced to do this and that" is a falsehood. It doesn't actually mean what people imply when they use it.

    Being compelled to do everything because you have completion anxiety, OCD, ADHD, you're a workaholic, you're a god gamer, whatever you wanna put, isn't actually you being forced......dotdotdot.


    It does mean what people imply, there's no point to strawman it, would you tell someone to starve because nothing is forcing them to eat? Technically you can play like a scrub and forever be behind your peers yes , like gearing through pvp only, a design clearly intended for masochists. You could, technically, never do a daily or weekly and obtain your borrowed power, you would be useless as shit. Its as close to forced as it can be.

    Btw this thread is wrong and its the complete opposite, pvpers have been forced to pve since day 1.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2020-09-28 at 11:03 PM.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeusy View Post
    being optimal since the beginning of time in any game has led to some negative experiences. ppl doing multiple types of content is good for players

    glad to see it
    Why do you think that? I don't enjoy PvP personally. Tried to do it for conflict and strife, and couldn't get into it. Not for me. This directly impacts my ability to progress in PvE, which I do enjoy. I'm not a fan of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    You're being "forced" to do basic level content.

    PvPers are forced to raid mythic for trinkets or buy carries.

    Shut the fuck up you whining baby.
    This is a pve game, pvp is a tiny optional part of it. You don't play wow for pvp

  20. #140
    You might have had a point if those effects were even good for PvE. But they are not. So you don't. If this feeling of "have to" is based on you wanting them all for the sake of having them, then just deal with it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    This is a pve game, pvp is a tiny optional part of it. You don't play wow for pvp
    Sorry, you don't get to dictate how people play this or any other game. Should be obvious, but apparently it isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •