Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Nah, Creeper is the Twisting Corridors capstone.
    My mistake then. It won't be super hard to get... I am trying to think of a comparison that fits and I would hazard a guess (at least last time i did torghast) that it will be roughly around the same difficulty as getting gold in wods proving ground.

I could see carries being sold for it but it is easy enough I expect most people to have it early. It feels about right for a reward level then if I am being honest.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by locketto View Post
    is account related or need to unlocked on every toon?
    it's a mount so if you do it on one toon you get access to the mount for all toons

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LostLocket View Post
    I mean I would argue current world quests shouldn't exist at all since they act as nothing but a grind and a speed bump as you mass aoe a area.

I am well aware of the skill level of the average player. I know when you go into lfr you are looking at the more skilled part of the playerbase not the worst of it overall. That said it really is that easy unless they mean the 8th level of endless spires.
    MMOs are literally nothing but grinds and speed bumps. They're meant to be time sinks that you put months into. The funny thing about WoW is that it has never been anywhere near as grindy as a lot of other MMOs.

Also Twisting Corridors is, in Blizzards own words, meant as the "Challenge Wing" of Torghast, if it's as challenging as mage towers then your average player may never finish it even with full gear.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...owlands/638371

"Speaking of Twisting Corridors, as we finalize tuning, Twisting Corridors should come into its own as the “Challenge Mode” wing of Torghast, offering eighteen-floor runs at a higher level of difficulty than the rest of Torghast, with cosmetic rewards for clearing certain thresholds."

Of course, calling it challenging means next to nothing, until final tuning we have no idea how hard it will be, but apparently they don't intend it to be easy.

They could use this as an opportunity to make some unique mount equipment for that specific mount too that allows you to gain access to restricted areas or shortcuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    MMOs are literally nothing but grinds and speed bumps. They're meant to be time sinks that you put months into. The funny thing about WoW is that it has never been anywhere near as grindy as a lot of other MMOs.

Also Twisting Corridors is, in Blizzards own words, meant as the "Challenge Wing" of Torghast, if it's as challenging as mage towers then your average player may never finish it even with full gear.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...owlands/638371

"Speaking of Twisting Corridors, as we finalize tuning, Twisting Corridors should come into its own as the “Challenge Mode” wing of Torghast, offering eighteen-floor runs at a higher level of difficulty than the rest of Torghast, with cosmetic rewards for clearing certain thresholds."

Of course, calling it challenging means next to nothing, until final tuning we have no idea how hard it will be, but apparently they don't intend it to be easy.
    I would argue what made wow successful was that besides classic pvp it wasn't mindlessly grindy but rather had a pretty steady difficulty curve with small cheats here and there ( old crafted items for example) though this is getting off topic.

As for corridors... it isn't ever really "hard" at least not like the mage tower where mechanics matter. Torghasts difficulty comes from the fact your power resets after every while the enemy power level doesn't. It quickly becomes a gear check to see if you can handle mobs while being buffless. Classes like warlocks and hunters that have both a pet and a host of CC to disrupt small packs excel at higher levels since they can reduce the threats they face to one and have powerful kiting tools.

8 runs deep is challenging in heroic dungeon gear and might take the average player to be in heroic raid gear but it is fairly doable... there is challenge in torghast but I am loathed to compare it to the mage tower as I personally believe the mage tower still stands as the best single player experience wow has offered to date.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They could use this as an opportunity to make some unique mount equipment for that specific mount too that allows you to gain access to restricted areas or shortcuts.
    that would be cool. maybe something that allows your mount to jump extra high or over a longer distance

This is nice news, i didn't have strong feelings about maw mounts either way but its because i don't have beta and donnu how it is to navigate it. What i did hear is that its still pretty empty and lacks objectives/good reasons to kill stuff, definitely not timless isle levels of polish and fun. Any news on that front?

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    This is nice news, i didn't have strong feelings about maw mounts either way but its because i don't have beta and donnu how it is to navigate it. What i did hear is that its still pretty empty and lacks objectives/good reasons to kill stuff, definitely not timless isle levels of polish and fun. Any news on that front?
    Well incentives are there now as you can dump your stygia to upgrade existing conduits or acquire conduits you are missing as well as add gem sockets to your gear.
    Now whether its a nice zone or not is up to preference I guess. I dont love it but I dont have it either. For how little time you have to spend inside (around half an hour) its fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    it's a mount so if you do it on one toon you get access to the mount for all toons
    Not all mounts works like that, like pvp mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post

Quoting a French historian? Left his name in the signature, go read his works and you may understand what it's all about. Let's leave this off-topic at that, can DM me if you have further questions.
    It's politics, I thought politics were only for politics channels. You use your signature as rightist propaganda. Why is that allowed ?

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    It's politics, I thought politics were only for politics channels. You use your signature as rightist propaganda. Why is that allowed ?
    The idea that everyone should earn what they have instead of “more free shit” isn’t propaganda. It’s what America was founded on.

You could have ignored his signature or taken it to DMs. You chose the opposite...twice. Grow up and stop attacking anyone who has differing beliefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    i think each layer is only like 6 floors but im probably wrong
    6 floors is the one for loot, the one for cosmetics (which should be tied to this) is 18 per layer afaik, so 144 floors in total, though i cant confirm it, i think someone (soul?) mentioned it in video, but he might be wrong aswel

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    I bet if you play as a Tank or DD with alot Def CDs you can get very far when you get the best buffs.
    honestly, if ifs difficult but doable, rather than timegated or postponed somehow, i think its better aproach

Well, that IS how pvp mounts will work in SL. They are removing that restriction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

news like this makes me happy I main a druid and if nothing changes, I can still use my travel form and run like mad through it
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Oh, cool, now they push players to level hunter first so it would be way easier and faster to get that mount, since it an extreme buff to all other characters.
    What are you basing this off of? Any class can clear those wings as they are the introduction to Thorghast, not the hard mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Setting aside the nonsense that is not allowing a player to mount there, have we gotten the "why is Blizzard forcing me to do content I don't like to play the game?!" complaints yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    People got what they wished for and it really does not take that long.
    I'm not sure the AQ design is what people wished for. Just let us mount normally. A zone where you can't mount is not fun nor is being forced to use one ugly mount.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    True but this mount doesn’t have those restrictions

Quick make a 3 page post about how having the hearthsteed lets you mount in the maw too! Or any of the other bugged mounts they forgot to disable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    What are you basing this off of? Any class can clear those wings as they are the introduction to Thorghast, not the hard mode.
    The Twisting Corridors is literally the challenge mode. This requires you to clear all 8 layers, each being 18 floors.
    Last edited by literallysame; 2020-09-28 at 04:58 PM.