Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    There are going to be ALOT of people leveling 1-50.

But, of course, the bottleneck will be tanks. I'd be pretty surpised if dps are getting anything faster than 20 min queues.

If I had to guess, queues probably won't be any better than they are now, because of tanks.
    This is only true for 110 plus right now. Having the dungeons split up via what xpac you are levelling is an unknown but I have found 5 to 7 mins queue is the normal for dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Why not do both? Level multiple characters, one now, others later.

I've got one of each unleveled allied race started, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by SulfurG View Post
    I quit wow earlier last year and wanna get back into it when the new leveling experience is released. I only ever got a warrior to like 98 and as a first-timer, trying to figure out how to have an actual linear story experience in this game sucked. I didn't know when to switch to the next expansion after 10 to 20 levels, I always felt behind, and the majority was fetch/kill quests that really sucked the enjoyment out of it for me.

Needless to say, I'm happy that they are letting you level how you want now, by letting you delve deep into one expansion if you want. I'll actually have a good sense of direction as a new player.

Should I start leveling new alts now, or save that enjoyment for the pre-patch?
    After, it much much faster.

Dunno what impact zombie shenanigans will have though as the event is very disruptive to normal play, but then its only around for a few weeks so it might be better to just imurse your self in killing the living and do leveling once so launches as going 0 to max is much much faster than currently on live

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    I guess it depends a lot on the expansion. I am very casual in my leveling and my Vulpera after doing Northern Barrens, Tanaris, Silithus snd Deepholm I am 39 after 20 hours. But 1 hour is probably afking and reading forums. Then another 3 or 4 messing around with fishing and other professions.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of the time you will spend around half the time of what you did with the 100 percent buff.

- - - Updated - - -

I tested and its about half as fast. I am not rushing at all. Questing normally and enjoying the scenery.

After level 20 I spend like 30 minutes on each level. Which is the same as in BFA. Though, there are only half as many levels.

I spend usually 50 hours to level my characters 120 with the xp buff. And around 20-24 on PTR leveling very casually taking time off doing professions and messing around.
    That's so inefficient... people were getting to 1-50 in 5-6 hours after heirlooms were nerfed to give no exp on beta/ptr ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd get that 98 to 120 before pre-patch so you can have choices when you decide to start from level 1. Otherwise you're gonna be stuck with BFA leveling (unless that's your cup of tea). I leveled one last character from lvl 1 a week ago and am going to wait for pre-patch before I do anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    That's so inefficient... people were getting to 1-50 in 5-6 hours after heirlooms were nerfed to give no exp on beta/ptr ...
    What is efficient is totally uninteresting to me. I play the game to have an enjoyable time.

This question reminds me of that scene between Squidward and Mr Krabs:

Squidward: "Why do today, what you can put off till tomorrow?"

Mr Krabs: "What is today, but yesterday's tomorrow?"

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    One thing to keep in mind - iirc they said that to get the heritage armor for allied races after the prepatch you'll need to level to 60, while atm you only need 110. 110 now with exp bonus is most certainly faster than level 60 in SL.

Quote Originally Posted by kneehidude View Post
    This question reminds me of that scene between Squidward and Mr Krabs:

Squidward: "Why do today, what you can put off till tomorrow?"

Mr Krabs: "What is today, but yesterday's tomorrow?"
    Ah, the most highbrow of cartoons.

I'm racing against time to level all the toons I need to 110/120 before pre-patch and the 100% buff goes away. It's fun to set a goal. I'm enjoying leveling my many alts so much right now, I wish Shadowlands wasn't coming out until 2021. I still have Dwarves, Dark Irons, Highmountain, Vulpera, and Nightborne heritage armors left to unlock.

The only alts I'd level now are 110 characters, & the only reason I'd do that is Freehold boosting. It's not really all that doable in the prepatch, but right now, a geared player can two-pull the instance upto the reset point under the bridge. 110-120 takes 40-60 minutes depending on the booster/rested exp.

personnaly i wait the prepatch, people said it will be faster, i have some at level 1 now, a majority are 100/110

and it will be more fun to choice your expansion to do

lk will be not my better choice that said.... i always hated the 58-70 contents in lk for alts, for a strange reasons, it take a lot of time