Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ...
18
26
27
28
29
30
... LastLast
  1. #541
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Right, so everyone who doesn't think like you when it comes to housing are either lying or trolls... gotcha. Which ironically makes you behave like a troll
    Think we are done.
    He is. I have encountered him before. There is no reasoning or discussion with him at all - either he is right or others have no clue and are missing the point and so on

  2. #542
    I think it is pretty nutty that WOW still doesn't have a housing system as well. It would provide a great gold sink, it could reinvigorate crafting by adding a bunch of housing recipes, and of course, they could put stuff as world drops and dungeon/raid drops, pvp incentives...

    As for the popularity of it... well it's insanely popular in Final Fantasy XIV, Animal Crossing on the switch sold insanely well... people really enjoy being able to customize and show what they have done to others. Garrison's were lazy and half baked... no one cared about them because your Garrison looked like everyone else's.

    Housing is a fun and popular activity in other games so I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't be so in WOW... if implemented correctly. I could see it bringing many old players back into the game as well as new players.

  3. #543
    housing in WoW is not needed. Quit asking for it. Move on.

  4. #544
    Hmf...you still have a farm.

  5. #545
    I am Murloc! Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,020
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Thank god I never suggested owning propety means you would want player housing. If I had, you'd have owned me!


    You should tell that to the other guy. I never suggested it was special. I'm thinking you quoted the wrong person at this point.


    Or how about talking about the 500 shares of Apple stock my Grandfather gifted me when I graduated high school in 1986. Bought my first house with that. But this is out of context. My comment was relevant to the quote I was responding to.
    That's not bragging though, that's actually pretty sweet. Be careful though, there's a difference to being fortunate and get a lot of money than working hard for it. I'd imagine saving up for that special house and finally getting enough is a nice feeling than just buying whichever you could with money you inherited, won, etc etc.

    Think I more so responded to the wrong person yep. Oh well. How 'bout that election though!
    Hi

  6. #546
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Personally I'm pretty glad Blizzard hasn't wasted any resources on Housing.

    Yeah because it is super great that they spent resources on some crappy conduits and covenants. >.>
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

  7. #547
    We are just fine without it.. why do we need it?

  8. #548
    Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    No more bananas than WoW not having Myspace and Geocities intergration
    haha.. they did put in that selfie cam though during the infamous patch..

  9. #549
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Yeah because it is super great that they spent resources on some crappy conduits and covenants. >.>
    Honestly? Yeah, it is. I see myself having fun with Covenants, I do NOT see myself enjoying housing.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting

  10. #550
    Do you people not have Garrisons?

  11. #551
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Honestly? Yeah, it is. I see myself having fun with Covenants, I do NOT see myself enjoying housing.

    You are about to be damn disappointed. As someone who is in Beta, the covenants are NOT all that. One Covenant is better then them all, and one covenant got nerfed so bad that it is just pitiful. So if you think by far the covenants are all that, I hate to tell you or bust your bubble you are going to be disappointed. Now Blizz may buff them later on or after launch depending on things. But let's be real; Blizz LOVES to nerf things to the point that it sucks, and they suck ALL the ass in the world when it comes to balancing things
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

  12. #552
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    You are about to be damn disappointed. As someone who is in Beta, the covenants are NOT all that. One Covenant is better then them all, and one covenant got nerfed so bad that it is just pitiful. So if you think by far the covenants are all that, I hate to tell you or bust your bubble you are going to be disappointed. Now Blizz may buff them later on or after launch depending on things. But let's be real; Blizz LOVES to nerf things to the point that it sucks, and they suck ALL the ass in the world when it comes to balancing things
    Thank you for telling me your opinion but I have beta as well. I hope you find some enjoyment in them like I will.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting

  13. #553
    If they do anything like Final Fantasy, good luck buying a house.

  14. #554
    Bloodsail Admiral Snowflakesz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,115
    No.

    /10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

  15. #555
    I'm not going to accuse Blizz of anything with regard to actual player housing since I do not have any facts, evidence, or dev posts to back up my claims. Hopefully they are not dead set against housing since it kinda worked when it came to our little phased farm in Pandaria. Sam principal, just enclosed and make it decorative. Would I like to see player housing? Sure. Me and at least 20 roleplayers I know. Are our voices enough to make it happen? Not really. I do hope they reconsider at least testing it small scale at some point. Garrisons were a decent first step, but felt more like a base in WC3 and less like a Gilnean home in Bradensbrook where my Worgen Druid could invite company for a dinner party.
    “Common sense is not so common.” ~ Voltaire

  16. #556
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    358
    if you want a housing system, then the Sims 4 is waiting for you.

  17. #557
    They stole the starting zone from Everquest 2, they might as well steal the housing too EQ2 has some of the best housing in gaming imo

  18. #558
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    if you want a housing system, then the Sims 4 is waiting for you.
    Not a very helpful or contributive sort are ya? We're talking about World of Warcraft.
    “Common sense is not so common.” ~ Voltaire

  19. #559
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Yeah because it is super great that they spent resources on some crappy conduits and covenants. >.>
    Nice Strawman fallacy bud.

    Conduits and Covenants are important. Power systems which exist in only one expansion are important. Else you end up with a WoD like scenario, where classes lose like 1/3 or more of their spells. People need to get something new each expansion, but that works only if have only a few expansions or if also remove stuff again.

    And on topic. I really do not understand what housing contributes. I've seen it in many games, but i really did not like any iteration, and it was mostly annoying to deal with it, because it offered free stuff, like free crafting mats to pick up, meaning you kinda felt bad for not doing it.
    Having it purely a side thing, like pets, would be ok I guess. The issue here is, pets were developed by literally one guy. I doubt housing could be done by one person. And probably they also want to pass as much time as possible between their next housing attempt and garrisons.

  20. #560
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    Not a very helpful or contributive sort are ya? We're talking about World of Warcraft.
    And i help out by telling him a game where it is appropriate with a housing system

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •