Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ...
24
32
33
34
35
36
... LastLast
  1. #661
    Elemental Lord callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    8,044
    With regards to instancing or not instancing: I really REALLY liked the way EQ2 did their housing - It was instanced. You could allow people to visit or not visit. There were different tiers of quality. It was a pretty nice feature in that game.

  2. #662
    oi that font size
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

  3. #663
    Quote Originally Posted by XMD7007 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do housing right. The most important thing of all when it comes to housing: NO INSTANCING, NO PHASING!!
    That is absolutely irrelevant. Totally and completely irrelevant to housing. I would say it has to be instanced otherwise players would make some real garbage dump city.

  4. #664
    Honestly could care less if they ever add housing to WoW would rather have the time spent elsewhere.

  5. #665
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Because people want it. What's so difficult to understand?
    History is meaningless. It's not a linear line.
    A month ago you would've told me Multiboxing with 3rd party software has been allowed for 16 years, they will never change that. Now where are we?
    Funny thing is, I never said that about multi boxing and never would have. People have wnated it for 16 years. They still don't have it. You aren't going to get it. Just accept it.

  6. #666
    Bloodsail Admiral Depakote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    1,057
    No it's not. This is not the sims nor should it become that.

  7. #667
    If there is housing in Final Fantasy then its a good argument for not bringing it into wow. Its a crap game nobody plays for good reason.

  8. #668
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Funny thing is, I never said that about multi boxing and never would have. People have wnated it for 16 years. They still don't have it. You aren't going to get it. Just accept it.
    It's ok, you will come to accept it. It's gonna happen. But, it's cute that you think they will ignore that mountain of cash.

  9. #669
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    It's ok, you will come to accept it. It's gonna happen. But, it's cute that you think they will ignore that mountain of cash.
    They have ikgnroed it for 16 years. It doesn't make the money you think it does. It's not going not going to happen and you will come to accept it.

  10. #670
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    They have ikgnroed it for 16 years. It doesn't make the money you think it does. It's not going not going to happen and you will come to accept it.
    We have been through this. Just cause it hasn't happened yet, it doesn't mean it won't. Again, same as multiboxing software. Did you think you had refuted that cause you never said it would always stay that way? You are not the voice of god.
    Shall we talk about how "high elves" would never be on the alliance? It would never happen!

    You need to understand that what happens is what is popular. Housing is popular. It will happen eventually. They can't just slide it in in the present expansion. It needs some development time. They do make long term plans. Houising is coming. You can be sure of that. It's just a matter of when they slide it in.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-11-15 at 04:02 PM.

  11. #671
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    Much like this response :^)
    It's difficult to have an actual discussion on the forums anymore. Most people end up attacking the man, and not the idea. I'm not sure whether they find humor in it, or they simply don't know any better. Either way, finding the right answer will likely never happen. So maybe we should all stop nitpicking each other and simply discuss the topic and concept before us.

    There are those who would enjoy an actual style and design of player housing. It is my opinion that this group is comprised primarily, but not solely, of roleplayers. The farm at Halfhill in Pandaria was a decent start, but the garrison was too large, on rails, and not customizable enough to be considered an actual housing system. In fact, if you did not select the Inn as one of your buildings, you had no actual place to lay your character's head at night (metaphorically speaking) when logging out.

    In Star Wars, the Old Republic, strongholds and guild ships are an invaluable space for roleplaying, and even offer a level of logistical support for PvE. In much the same way the Garrison had the potential for a bank, an AH, and even a mog vendor, all of this and more is possible in a Stronghold, and with the amount of usable decor in that game, I was able to completely transform most of them into something entirely unique using walls and other items which re-shaped and redefined the space in which I was working.

    For example, Coruscant and Dromund Kaas both have strongholds with multiple rooms and levels; however, with the use of walls, plants, and lighting, I could easily block off the rest of the place and convert a huge layout into a 2-3 room apartment more fitting of my "poorer" characters who would not be able to afford such luxury given their station or profession choice. On the other hand, something huge like the new Alderaan Stronghold was perfect for my galaxy famous crime lord who was sitting on billions of credits and made shady deals with both the Republic and the Empire.

    The point is, if player housing... ACTUAL player housing were added, it would do a few things:

    - Professions would get patterns/schematics to make decor to sell at the AH for an in-game profit and make some professions profitable again, especially on RP servers meaning more gold for crafters

    - Additional specialized decor could be added to the cash shop the same way decorations are in the Cartel Market of SWTOR thus allowing Blizz an extra source of income

    - Houses, expansion areas, and decor are all additional gold sinks meaning casuals who can't figure out how to make gold end up buying tokens with lines Blizz's pockets even further and saturates the token market thus driving prices down for players who live on tokens for their Free playtime

    - Housing allows RPers a place outside of Stormwind, Darnassus, SilverMoon, etc to go and Roleplay or hang with friends and have their scenes, thus unclogging the city in places such as Lion's Rest or the Mage Quarter, or the Cathedral District. It may not empty these spaces permanently, but could certainly offset how much time is spent there thus reducing any lag caused by overpopulation of the shard.

    In the end, player housing would essentially pay for itself, and would hardly prove to be a waste of time, money, and resources as claimed by those who would rather react to a concept than analyze it logically from all sides. Blizz makes more cash, players make more gold, and Roleplayers are given a space outside of the city to enjoy what they love most... roleplayer. We end up with MORE in Azeroth, not less, and those of us who are not complacent enough to settle for less are willing to foot the bill. All of the money that comes from player housing would ultimately allow Blizz to create additional PvE and PvP content, and the gold made by crafters for player housing could be spent on running said content in the way of flasks, etc.

    So, here's the part where you can make a comprehensive post discussing or even disproving all of my points, or you can continue to post as you have been. I'd welcome some honest, and decent discussion.
    “Common sense is not so common.” ~ Voltaire

  12. #672
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    So, here's the part where you can make a comprehensive post discussing or even disproving all of my points, or you can continue to post as you have been. I'd welcome some honest, and decent discussion.
    People buy cosmetics for two reasons: to make own representation in game pleasing for themselves and to show off. Housing that you'd never visit between logging in, actually, you know, playing and logging out and that everybody else would NEVER bother to visit satisfies neither.

    Those heavy RPs that actually play out long scenes are the only legitimate consumers for such a feature. Even less dedicated RPs won't bother with it. And there's simply not much of those heavy RPs to make enough audience for this feature. Because people who want build homes are playing games about building homes, not action MMOs.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: SR13-AntiSpam * Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

  13. #673
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    I'm not going to accuse Blizz of anything with regard to actual player housing since I do not have any facts, evidence, or dev posts to back up my claims. Hopefully they are not dead set against housing since it kinda worked when it came to our little phased farm in Pandaria. Sam principal, just enclosed and make it decorative. Would I like to see player housing? Sure. Me and at least 20 roleplayers I know. Are our voices enough to make it happen? Not really. I do hope they reconsider at least testing it small scale at some point. Garrisons were a decent first step, but felt more like a base in WC3 and less like a Gilnean home in Bradensbrook where my Worgen Druid could invite company for a dinner party.
    We had one in Garrisons, it turned the game antisocial and no one spent time together.

  14. #674
    Hmf...for Blizz to spend time, money, and resources on this they'd have to know it's all well spent. Not just for a mouthy few. If they had over 10mil subs clamoring for it they might capitulate. As it is, it sounds like sn immense waste.

  15. #675
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    It's difficult to have an actual discussion on the forums anymore. Most people end up attacking the man, and not the idea. I'm not sure whether they find humor in it, or they simply don't know any better. Either way, finding the right answer will likely never happen. So maybe we should all stop nitpicking each other and simply discuss the topic and concept before us.

    There are those who would enjoy an actual style and design of player housing. It is my opinion that this group is comprised primarily, but not solely, of roleplayers. The farm at Halfhill in Pandaria was a decent start, but the garrison was too large, on rails, and not customizable enough to be considered an actual housing system. In fact, if you did not select the Inn as one of your buildings, you had no actual place to lay your character's head at night (metaphorically speaking) when logging out.

    In Star Wars, the Old Republic, strongholds and guild ships are an invaluable space for roleplaying, and even offer a level of logistical support for PvE. In much the same way the Garrison had the potential for a bank, an AH, and even a mog vendor, all of this and more is possible in a Stronghold, and with the amount of usable decor in that game, I was able to completely transform most of them into something entirely unique using walls and other items which re-shaped and redefined the space in which I was working.

    For example, Coruscant and Dromund Kaas both have strongholds with multiple rooms and levels; however, with the use of walls, plants, and lighting, I could easily block off the rest of the place and convert a huge layout into a 2-3 room apartment more fitting of my "poorer" characters who would not be able to afford such luxury given their station or profession choice. On the other hand, something huge like the new Alderaan Stronghold was perfect for my galaxy famous crime lord who was sitting on billions of credits and made shady deals with both the Republic and the Empire.

    The point is, if player housing... ACTUAL player housing were added, it would do a few things:

    - Professions would get patterns/schematics to make decor to sell at the AH for an in-game profit and make some professions profitable again, especially on RP servers meaning more gold for crafters

    - Additional specialized decor could be added to the cash shop the same way decorations are in the Cartel Market of SWTOR thus allowing Blizz an extra source of income

    - Houses, expansion areas, and decor are all additional gold sinks meaning casuals who can't figure out how to make gold end up buying tokens with lines Blizz's pockets even further and saturates the token market thus driving prices down for players who live on tokens for their Free playtime

    - Housing allows RPers a place outside of Stormwind, Darnassus, SilverMoon, etc to go and Roleplay or hang with friends and have their scenes, thus unclogging the city in places such as Lion's Rest or the Mage Quarter, or the Cathedral District. It may not empty these spaces permanently, but could certainly offset how much time is spent there thus reducing any lag caused by overpopulation of the shard.

    In the end, player housing would essentially pay for itself, and would hardly prove to be a waste of time, money, and resources as claimed by those who would rather react to a concept than analyze it logically from all sides. Blizz makes more cash, players make more gold, and Roleplayers are given a space outside of the city to enjoy what they love most... roleplayer. We end up with MORE in Azeroth, not less, and those of us who are not complacent enough to settle for less are willing to foot the bill. All of the money that comes from player housing would ultimately allow Blizz to create additional PvE and PvP content, and the gold made by crafters for player housing could be spent on running said content in the way of flasks, etc.

    So, here's the part where you can make a comprehensive post discussing or even disproving all of my points, or you can continue to post as you have been. I'd welcome some honest, and decent discussion.
    Very good post. Housing in SWTOR is awesome. But, some people just drink that Blizzard cool aid and when they say something it's gospel like they have never changed their minds.

    Also, despite many haters existing in the forums, the fact is Blizzard often listens to those asking for new things rather than those denying them.
    The joke is on them, really. Be it multiboxing cheating removed, alliance "high" elves, vulpera, pandas, etc.

  16. #676
    what's fucking bananas is that this topic is still a thing, and that the people whingeing about it don't realize that they don't represent a significant amount of players, because most players dont ever go to the forums. ( Same with the folks who keep crying about a Tinker class).

    Even if there are 50,000 of your kind... That's irrelevant. When there's a few million, Blizzard might care

  17. #677
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    We had one in Garrisons, it turned the game antisocial and no one spent time together.
    Because there was no reason to. Only thing people could spend time together in garrison was invasions. Which did work.
    However you forgot that actual gameplay loop was all inside garrison as well. And that was the problem.

    Garrison should have missions, npcs, maybe some mailbox and thousands of decorations to farm/craft/buy and thats it.
    Not be ultimate source of income, mats, food, everything. There was no reason to leave it while it provided you everything.
    Should have be the opposite, provide you nothing and give tons of opportunities to leave (gather decorations).

  18. #678
    Titan Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    11,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    We have been through this. Just cause it hasn't happened yet, it doesn't mean it won't. Again, same as multiboxing software. Did you think you had refuted that cause you never said it would always stay that way? You are not the voice of god.
    Shall we talk about how "high elves" would never be on the alliance? It would never happen!

    You need to understand that what happens is what is popular. Housing is popular. It will happen eventually. They can't just slide it in in the present expansion. It needs some development time. They do make long term plans. Houising is coming. You can be sure of that. It's just a matter of when they slide it in.
    you swear that 'Houising is coming'... is that before or after the next ELE? If you say before, then I'll say prove it.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  19. #679
    That idea was scrapped a million years ago. Especially when Blizzard decided to remove anything that resembled RPG in the game.

  20. #680
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    you swear that 'Houising is coming'... is that before or after the next ELE? If you say before, then I'll say prove it.
    Blizzard themselves have said it's coming:

    Housing is a big topic at Blizzard. The developers are still thinking about how to implement it, so it does not feel so clumsy.
    https://wow.4fansites.de/news,8701,B...Eberblick.html
    Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •