Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    AGAIN (and again and again and again and again and again...): HOUSING IS NO GARRISON.

Housing should be an OPTIONAL part of the game as BRAWLERS GUILD IS. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice, and who made you the spokesperson of the whole game. Absolutely no ones want it, therefore all here who wants it are liars. Beautiful new world. Just because YOU don't like it does not mean it should be removed.

And let's not start about making lists what should be removed or not. Because in my oppinion, i think that more people would love to play dressup house in wow than PvP. Therefore we should remove pvp, because no one wants to play PvP, period.

Sorry, but stupid arguments are stupid, and stop speaking for the whole community like on twitter. And player housing is simply a subjective matter; some would love it some don't care and some hate it because it's something they don't like, so no one should have it.

As long as this is NOT like garrison-crap an expansion feature but something they add more as a side project outside of the expansion cycle, i think it's a good addition and i would love to have it: moreover: not just player housing (this too), but also Guild Halls where guilds can have trophies outside and visitable by other players, Halls for role playing, banket hall or something like this would be very nice and a welcome addition to the game.
    Don't need to be a spokesperson because no one like garrisons and no one including the wow team wants housing it. They have said it many many times they aren't adding it.

Enjoy getting housing when you get the equally dumb dance studio idea. The only chance you have to get housing is once wow swaps to a mostly pay to play cash shop style years and years down the line. Then they might give you the idea and milk you for every dollar.

Its not subjective. Subjective is nerfs/balances... maybe even covenants. But no one likes playerhousing. You can't say well I see it on mmo-champ. The only wow players that post on here are super neckbeards. Go ask around in game. Most people won't even know about this website.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Too many people want the game to revolve around only combat and esports these days. Gone are the days where you people just want a big world to explore, character expression, and other things to do in the WORLD besides fight things.
    I want character expression but I want gameplay driven design. If your good at pvp you get only rewards good pvp players get. If your good at pve you get to see extra mechanics, hard modes and special gear.

If they have a quest that they spend 3 hours in the zone building up. I sure as hell dont want it to be soloable with some godbuff/npcs that make it require no effort/thought.

Too many people in this game want to be handed everything because they don't have time. People need to learn if you don't put in the time you don't get the reward.

Its like fat people saying they don't have time to exercise or eat right. Nothing but excuses and give me give give me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Too many people want the game to revolve around only combat and esports these days. Gone are the days where you people just want a big world to explore, character expression, and other things to do in the WORLD besides fight things.
    Sadly I definitely see this as being true. At least for the vocal crowd/ones ion listens too

Something I've always found interesting about player housing threads both here and official forums is the shear number of people voicing their opinion about a topic(almost exclusively haters) they have clearly absolutely no clue what actually is or can be.

And when Blizzard is finally ready to announce it, oh my that will be something...
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    And with all the homophobic, racist and childish banter in public chat it was a welcome relief. I still hang out in my Garrison sometimes when too many kiddies on online
    oh no, the mean words pushed you into hiding? lmfao

housing is dumb, it barely functions in ffxiv, and it would be worse in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    " The developers are still thinking about how to implement it so that it does not feel so clumsy."

aka waiting until wow is more pay to play for items. Quote me now. You won't see housing until they start opening up the shop. Give it 7-8 years.

I mean does blizzard even got the resource to do some Big player housing as big as FFXIV,either you do it big or don't do it at all,don't really need a half ass one like garrison.

I'd be far more into guild housing over individual housing. Guilds could have their themed place with customization on decor and such while providing crafting equipment/vendors, etc.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    " The developers are still thinking about how to implement it so that it does not feel so clumsy."

aka waiting until wow is more pay to play for items. Quote me now. You won't see housing until they start opening up the shop. Give it 7-8 years.
    Done,

I'm not totally against housing, but I would be a little worried when (It is only a matter of time) it gets implemented, because to me that signals that they are steering the game away from what made it so big.

WoW did quite well for a game without housing, and I'd hate to put my job on the line in front of the investors (Owners) trying to explain why I have to divert resources to persistent housing, which once again, is not the reason why WoW made/makes money.

Quote Originally Posted by Golgafrinchan View Post
    Done,

I'm not totally against housing, but I would be a little worried when (It is only a matter of time) it gets implemented, because to me that signals that they are steering the game away from what made it so big.

WoW did quite well for a game without housing, and I'd hate to put my job on the line in front of the investors (Owners) trying to explain why I have to divert resources to persistent housing, which once again, is not the reason why WoW made/makes money.

I mean it all depends to... If they had a xpac like bfa 2-3 times in a row. I'd bet we'd see some gross changes to how they get their money off wow.

The second this game doesn't start bringing in big money they are gonna hook it up to every nipple and milk like theres no tomorrow.

I feel bad for the developers that have to focus on designing content around the companies big claws. Polish this turd as much as they can.

I actually don't even mind shadowlands but this is not the wow I fell in love with and nothing like it. However shadowlands as fun as it can be (Specially in pvp this time) it's a terrible mmo. No community, no real rpg and the story of walking around being the hero of everything got stale 10 xpacs ago.

Go play The Sims if you want to build a house...

Major cities were empty and quiet so Blizzard left garrisons. We had housing, you started to complain. Why is it so hard to remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Aureli View Post
    Go play The Sims if you want to build a house...

Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    I mean it all depends to... If they had a xpac like bfa 2-3 times in a row. I'd bet we'd see some gross changes to how they get their money off wow.

The second this game doesn't start bringing in big money they are gonna hook it up to every nipple and milk like theres no tomorrow.

I feel bad for the developers that have to focus on designing content around the companies big claws. Polish this turd as much as they can.

I actually don't even mind shadowlands but this is not the wow I fell in love with and nothing like it. However shadowlands as fun as it can be (Specially in pvp this time) it's a terrible mmo. No community, no real rpg and the story of walking around being the hero of everything got stale 10 xpacs ago.
    So true man. WoW has gone through gaming Eras (Playing on dial-up?) whilst having to stay on top. Sad thing is that with every emergence and then subsequent failure of a WoW killer that contained cool things like housing fucked up owner expectations.

Hindsight sucks, shit probably would have worked/still been around if it was pulled off at or before Cata. Housing now imo would signal "maintenance mode" and "Retirement community".