Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Because people believe it'd "take people away" from hubs, like the Garrison did... people were hanging out there instead of in Orgrimmar and Stormwind...
    They'd be wrong.

Source: Every single other game with player housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Blizzard should just make it so player characters can rent one of the upstairs rooms in Goldshire, Darkshire, Brill, etc. Lock the door, make it phased. Everyone that walks in there is phased and can customize that room as their own room.
    Think we all know how those Goldshire rooms are going to be customised

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive been saying this for years. Atleast give us a guild hall!?
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    Think we all know how those Goldshire rooms are going to be customised
    Like Dick Halorann's room in The Shining?

3+ Year Old Account
    I would support guild halls all the way. They could rip off Warframe's Clan Dojos, those are the best I've ever seen in a MMO.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how Housing would be beneficial. you go into your own little instance, kinda like a garrison and what? nobody is there, you can look at things which you can just as easily look at in the collections tab or achievements tab. this is WoW, not Animal Crossing

Appearance Integration:

Integrate player housing into capital cities. The player home with the highest decoration + current population rank becomes the visible home in the phase that people can go in and see (with the next shard getting the next highest populated publicly visible home). You can see everyone there and they can see you so there is no phase difference for this primary residence. It could even be a couple homes side by side with a shared courtyard so the city always looks busy. If more than one location in the city has homes to accommodate differing sizes/costs then it can use the top most populated/rated homes in each spot.

Allow homes to be tied to a new heritage system where playing your main can unlock missions for alts to run for transmog and reputation on a mission table in your home, but they only pop from playing the game, not on a timer. Allow settings so your own characters on your account can roam around your house. Price housing so it isn't free for everyone, but allows guild apartments to be a competitive option that can be shared between players who can't afford a home.

Economic Utility
    Allow players to set up a private shop in their home with 1 to 3 item slots so people can purchase them while offline without an AH timer. Slots can alternatively be used for buy orders.

Minigames
    Allow games to be played in player housing like Hearthstone client tie in. Add additional minigames that can be played between players in wow.

Atmosphere
    Allow the homeowner to set the music in their house and craft furniture.

Allow nearby voice chat in the house if enabled.

Give opportunity of mount and pet stables in larger estates to show off your fancy mounts.

Game Play Enhancement without a New Power Progression Meta
    Allow random NPCs that offer unique quests to periodically show up in random, publicly visible homes to offer furniture or seasonal quests or other flavorful endeavors. The idea of making it randomly walk into random public housing is to encourage people to visit.

Guild Utility
    Allow guild housing to offer a special mind link stone that allows a certain number of players to observe a guild raid from the perspective of a linked player, ie raid spectator mode, but with eyes of the beast visual rather than a standalone entity.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I don't see how Housing would be beneficial. you go into your own little instance, kinda like a garrison and what? nobody is there, you can look at things which you can just as easily look at in the collections tab or achievements tab. this is WoW, not Animal Crossing
    Owning a house is just as good as looking through a Bed, Bath & Beyond catalog.

A Guild Castle, and Members of the guild could have their own quarters in the castle based on rank.. how cool would that be?

we are back to beating the poor cow again...

Had something resembling housing at the farm in MoP. I enjoyed it well enough I suppose, but in the end it was nothing more than a farming tool.

I just don't think WoW has the physics and gameplay to make housing feel truly special.

I have zero interest in housing, and have played multiple MMOs (UO / AC / DAoC / FF14 / ESO) and only used them if they were a must (DAoC for example to setup a vendor).

That being said, I'm amazed WoW hasn't added it to date. And you can't say Garrisons were housing. Their initial concept idea of them (as announced at BlizzCon) was similar, but the end result was HEAVILY changed and barely even resembled anything like housing. I'm surprised they haven't added housing with how the game has become World of Collect-things amongst a large part of the player base (whether mounts/pets/toys/transmog/achievements or a combo). So many ways to tie housing items to various content (including trade skills like ESO) and achievements. Not to mention they could easily start selling some in the store (as they're cosmetic only). An idea I hate (cash shop items) but you know Blizzard would do.

IF I remember correctly...

When player housing was being talked about, Blizz did a little experimenting and introduced the Farm in Pandaria.

That was fairly well received so they made the Garrison in WoD. That wasn't. People complained about it long and loud.

So I don't expect to ever see player housing in WoW.

The thing I like most about WoW is that it's one of the least instanced MMO on the market. Since I don't think they could make a non-instanced player house and, as others have said, housing might actually drive people off the open world like the garrisons did, I hope they don't waste development time on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    For example, on my Death Knight, I might create a frozen, gothic castle, maybe a secret room off the dining room where it looks like I'm building my own Abomination.
    Good sir or madam, please keep the abomination away from the food.

It's a crap feature. Adds nothing to game play.

It takes everyone out of the world and it's always generic.

No one but rpers would care after two weeks.

I don't feel Blizzard has the talent anymore to do anything like this. Even the xpacs are just turning into copy/pastes of each other. Not to mention also the servers are all bleeding out. Thankfully they are merging more into others again, but that's another story *que Conan music*

I don't want housing. Waste of dev time for a feature that wouldn't add fun to my gameplay.

They could do housing in WOW and they already have a perfect setup for it.

Each major hub could have a residential wing of the city where various types of dwellings can be purchased.
    Since it is a wing, it could be instanced from the main hub, however the common area in that wing would be used for multiple players.
    Each player would then have a door do their own residence only they can access. That would allow more people to interact and you could "invite" people to your wing.
    Granted, this would work better as an indoor type residence hall ala the Undercity or Inforge, but more open wings could be done.

5+ Year Old Account
    Housing doesn't interest me in the slightest.