Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
15
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Housing doesn't interest me in the slightest.

  2. #82
    Stood in the Fire Vrinara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Stormwind City, Elwynn Forest
    Posts
    411
    You say this now. But then they decide to do it and you cry because it takes away from the actual Playerbase. Kinda like the garrisons did. The Server communities are kinda already ruined by Crossrealm. If Blizz did decide to do it, I would be all for it, however I feel like people would complain about how it's phased from everyone. Cause that's probably how they would do it.

  3. #83
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,839
    this shit is BANANAS. B A N A N A S.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  4. #84
    I am Murloc! dacoolist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    5,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Seriously; Blizzard is more than happy to rip-off good ideas, and usually refines them to be even better than the source of inspiration. But for whatever reason, the closest thing to even an *attempt* as housing was the half-assed Garrisons, which offered nearly zero customization of any kind.

    The thing that makes this so crazy to me, is that this is SUCH an easy "Win" for Blizzard.

    Think about it; they have over FIFTEEN YEARS of ALREADY-EXISTING ASSETS they could use. No, it's not as simple as flipping a switch, but it's a damn good start.

    Just like Transmogrifaction, Housing is more than just "the feature itself", but also represents SOMETHING NEW TO DO. People would immediately begin farming for House-items.

    Old dungeons and raids? Tradeskills? Archeology? All of these could be sources of house items.

    And hell, they could even add more shit to the Cash Shop, provided it isn't the ONLY outlet for cool shit.

    Furthermore, Housing is a HUGELY COMPELLING FEATURE FOR MANY GAMERS. No, no everybody cares about Housing. But there are enough that it's clearly a trend for virtually (literally?) every other MMO on the market to have incorporated one.

    My personal advice? I'd track down every single person who worked on WildStar's Housing system and hire them on the spot. WildStar may have failed as an MMO, but its Housing system set a new, unprecedented standard for what was possible in a Housing system.

    Blizzard could do whatever they want with the details. Maybe it's a solo-instance, or maybe they do "shared settlements" like FFXIV where you also see other players' houses. Maybe each character gets their own house, or maybe it's one per server or even per account. Maybe they're free, or maybe they cost a ton of gold. Maybe they're limited, maybe they're not.

    Point is, it would be a truly meaningful feature to the game, and there is no real downside. At worse, "some people won't be into it". Some people aren't into PvP, either, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't support it.

    Like I said, above all else, it just gives people shit to DO again. Even if you aren't great at PvP, or maybe you can't Raid often, decorating your place could be a huge motivation to keep playing and maybe branch out into content you ordinarily wouldn't have.
    I legit think garrisons were one of if not the biggest worst feature in an mmo

    I agree with where you're coming from, but player housing literally takes players AWAY from main cities and hubs

    An mmo should be an mmo, not someone tucked away in their garrison because it's a cool idea.. blizz did that and we lost half the playerbase. Nah Dood. Naw

  5. #85
    i'm fine with "not having housing" (while technically i do via garrisons).

    i'm fine with it because garrisons failed miserably. Blizz has shown before that they're not able to do it properly, so it's just better to accept this.

    also, i don't want to be bothered with housing because knowing blizzard, they'd turn it into something i would be forced to do.
    in other games i have played, that had housing (since their launch), i could completely ignore it and just play the game.

  6. #86
    Housing is literally the dumbest feature a video game could have. There's nothing interesting or compelling about it. If you care that much go play The Sims.

  7. #87
    They really should have added it by now, but since this is blizzard odds are they would just fuck it up.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You're assuming that the reason the Garrison feature was created was to be a player housing. You'd be wrong.
    The original concept behind Garrisons were to be player housing. You were picking the zone, you were setting up the exact layout of all the buildings, everything was supposed to be customizable with ZERO effect on player power or progression. The whole reason Garrisons became a thought in the first place was to compete with Wildstar and SWTOR player housing, this is evident with the fact that both games had highly receptive and positive resulted testing on these features before Blizzard ever released Warlords.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    If this is your view of Blizzard, why do you want them to implement player housing if, by your words, all they'll do is "put minimal effort"?
    I never said I wanted player housing. I'm saying everything Blizzard does is a half-assed ripoff of successful features from other games, that have proven time and time again as failures.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Even if Karabor/Bladespire were "capitals", you'd still be wrong, considering that the majority of the expansion's features and functionalities existed within the Garrison: mining, herb garden, profession buildings, portals, mission table, auction house, daily dungeon quest hub, etc.
    The reality is the original concept of the Garrison was not supposed to have ANY game altering features.

    It took 5 minutes to do the mine and herb garden.

    Profession buildings did nothing, you could visit them once every 3 days to collect your work orders.

    Portals are the only argument you COULD make, the only issue is there was no reason to go around the zones and do anything, there was no world content, so the portals were pretty much worthless and more about a convenience to get to the raids faster.

    Mission Table could be also visited once or twice a day and never miss out on anything.

    Auction House has zero argument value as there were Auction Houses in the Capitals, you can't use something the capital has as an argument as to why it wouldn't be used.

    Daily Dungeon Quest Hub? What are you even on about here? Apexis dailies? Nobody did that shit, there was no reward from doing them, Apexis shards had no value in the game what-so-ever.

    The reality is, if the capitals were significantly cooler, people would have been there hanging out, it's the same argument to SW vs Ironforge in Vanilla/Classic. The Garrison has 'content' you could do once a day and not miss out on anything, you wouldn't be spending hours there if there was a cooler place to run circles around.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  9. #89
    I would be okay with a guild house but a house for each player is just stupid. Hubs would be more barren and the majority of players wouldn’t do anything but the required shit for it anyway.
    Best not to allocate resources for such a thing.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Because people believe it'd "take people away" from hubs, like the Garrison did... people were hanging out there instead of in Orgrimmar and Stormwind...
    BEcause they put a bank, trade chat and auction house there, a house doesnt need that.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

  11. #91
    Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Port Richey, FL
    Posts
    2,739
    If housing is purely cosmetic, I can't see a ton of players being very interested in it. I love collecting transmog and mounts. I'm less excited to collect toys and pets but still do it. I really don't see how I'd enjoy decorating a house that nobody else will even see.

    Also, I don't know why everyone else hated garrisons so much. I enjoyed them. I got to choose buildings that suited my playstyle. There were no correct answers when it came to building options since they didn't offer any power, just utility. The only thing I didn't like was that everybody had access to herbs and ore.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

  12. #92
    Dreadlord Pakheth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The cold hell known as Norway
    Posts
    832
    As someone who loved Wildstar's housing I would love housing in wow. Think having to run older raids got transmog AND furniture! You would see a resurgence in player activity across the board. We already know people love to collect stuff and creating a home that fits your character and interests is always fun.

    Thumbs up from me all the way.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    As someone who loved Wildstar's housing I would love housing in wow. Think having to run older raids got transmog AND furniture! You would see a resurgence in player activity across the board. We already know people love to collect stuff and creating a home that fits your character and interests is always fun.

    Thumbs up from me all the way.
    Wildstar's housing feature was amazing. FF14's is good too, though not as customisable.

  14. #94
    Player housing is a waste of dev time.

  15. #95
    OP is right. Blizzard is more than happy to rip off successful components from other games. That's the biggest reason we don't have player housing. Housing is terrible for an mmo.

    Nobody will be able to name one feature housing would bring that doesn't already exist in game and isn't detrimental to the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Personally I'm pretty glad Blizzard hasn't wasted any resources on Housing.
    To be honest they wouldn't really have to waste as much resource as you think.

    They can use the Garrison system and start there. Then they can use all the art and resources from the current game itself. There is a lot of stuff already there that can be used for a housing system.

    Heck, even if they went the FFXI route (or at least at the start) you walk into a building and it "ports" you to your house. From there it is a room that is as big as your standard inn building. So essentially they would take a ToC room and shrink it down to 1/10th the size and tie an ID to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    OP is right. Blizzard is more than happy to rip off successful components from other games. That's the biggest reason we don't have player housing. Housing is terrible for an mmo.

    Nobody will be able to name one feature housing would bring that doesn't already exist in game and isn't detrimental to the game.
    Actually in WoW's case it could be the opposite. They could make it so all the art assets are available in the game, but instead of just having it you have to run certain content multiple times unlocking tokens or something to purchase it. This would increase the amount of time you have to play to unlock things thus fitting Blizzard's themes lately on things.

  17. #97
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    20,927
    I thought garrisons were Blizzard's attempt at putting a WoW spin on player housing.

    I didn't hate garrisons (aspects of them, but not in general) but I could also give less shits about player housing. It's not a feature I have ever been interested in personally. I don't typically take the "I don't care about this thing, so I think no one should have it" stance -- usually the opposite -- but I would be concerned their introduction would negatively impact the world that also often suffer from already-twiddlingly server populations. Giving players a reason to sit in privately instanced content instead of in public spaces seems like it might just aggravate that.
    INTERMITTENT AVAILABILITY - PM ANOTHER GLOBAL PLEASE

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    As someone who loved Wildstar's housing I would love housing in wow. Think having to run older raids got transmog AND furniture! You would see a resurgence in player activity across the board. We already know people love to collect stuff and creating a home that fits your character and interests is always fun.

    Thumbs up from me all the way.
    Yeah, EQ2 was kind of the same. You had player that could create furniture, art, carpets and all sorts of other items. I course you had your pets and you got items for doing various quest chains, raid/dungeon achievements that you could place or hang on the walls. They had guild housing as well.

    I would buy something off the auction house and instead of going to the mail to get it I would go to the sellers house and pick it up there just to check out decor and such ... lol

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAinCA View Post
    Yeah, EQ2 was kind of the same. You had player that could create furniture, art, carpets and all sorts of other items. I course you had your pets and you got items for doing various quest chains, raid/dungeon achievements that you could place or hang on the walls. They had guild housing as well.

    I would buy something off the auction house and instead of going to the mail to get it I would go to the sellers house and pick it up there just to check out decor and such ... lol
    Would be cool of you could create art from screenshots of you posterizing someone in PvP and sell it on AH.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I absolutely don't care about player housing in an MMO. Now, GUILD HOUSING; a place to develop as a community, that's something I would be into. And it would finally give guilds some needed meaning back. Last expansion guilds got love was Cata.
    Don't see why people always say guild housing. What one person has control? 5 top people? How customizable is it? Everything gets a vote? Eliminate the problem do garrison but do it right. There's is literally no point to sit in capital city with trade chat being in that type of area and the group finder existing.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •