Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm far more surprised they haven't added a real true dye system.

At this point don't expect blizzard to really put out any form of a good system, all of it has been very half baked since the warlords. Garrisons, Artifact Power, Artifact Power with a new name, azerite armor, corruption, and soon artifact power with another new name is likely to be just as half baked. Hell some of them aren't even baked yet just a bunch of wet flour with no yeast or milk in it. Garrison did so badly because blizzard din't even bother to actually make it anything more than a glorified facebook game hub and offered minimum customization to it or the feature to open it up to visitors without a party invite.

I still spend a load of time working on my garrisons. Housing would be AWESOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Wow doesn't need housing if they forget it exists the expansion after it was released.
    this, i so want housing in WoW but it must be a continual thing .. not a one and done. that concept is bad enough as is with features
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Because people believe it'd "take people away" from hubs, like the Garrison did... people were hanging out there instead of in Orgrimmar and Stormwind...
    They made garrisons so anti social with everything given to you in them. From gathering materials to auction house, hell even getting gear.

I really dont get housing, whats the point? I mean.. i guess a guild hall might be cool, but even then its only for that guild to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Because people believe it'd "take people away" from hubs, like the Garrison did... people were hanging out there instead of in Orgrimmar and Stormwind...
    Which is hilarious, because if you built it as part of the city, they would be forced to still go there for the AH, Bank and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    And its a HUGE WASTE OF DEVELOPMENT TIME FOR MANY GAMERS. All the other mmos you have mentioned have crashed and burned with the exception of FF. One could argue that they should have spent more time building a compelling and interesting game that functioned correctly, instead of spending countless hours allowing us to hang some pictures in a silly little building.

Garrisons were unpopular for many reasons, but one very common theme was it killed the open world mmo feeling, with people just spending all their time running around a silly little instanced area with no other players.
    FF's housing system has a lot of issues from what my friends tell me. I have played FF since 2.0 and i havent even looked into it. The closest i come is going my my FC hall every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Subrias View Post
    I really dont get housing, whats the point? I mean.. i guess a guild hall might be cool, but even then its only for that guild to enjoy.
    If you made it Account wide, you could actually have a place that showcases all your triumphs, would be even neater if you can see your other characters walking around lol

Player housing is a bad idea, we saw what happened with garrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    What is the purpose of player housing? I've always had a hard time figuring out why this was important. Just a cosmetic bank correct?
    More or less. I think it has a similar appeal to transmogs, but you can't carry your house around the way you carry clothes.

I've always found player housing to be boring, but I also live in an apartment with blank walls and no decorations, so I can see why it's not a feature directed to someone like me. Still, I recognize most people like decorating their houses so I kinda get people would want to decorate their virtual home too.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Except nobody ever said that. That is you misrepresenting what people actually are saying. What your precious housing takes away is things like Torghast, Raids, dungeons etc. That is where people want the resources being used. Not wasted so you can play house.
    For the amount of money WoW brings in, you're really delusional enough to think they don't have the budget to do more? Have you played any other game? The amount of content WoW produces is horrible compared to most other gaming companies.

It's sad how well trained people are to defend corporations these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Go watch the Blizzcon deep dive where they announced Warlords, they discussed how Garrisons were going to be able to be placed in any zone, with complete customization.
    So you want me to look for evidence for your claims? I'm sorry, but that's not how it works. Why don't you do your due diligence and link me the video and the timestamp where they talk about:
    • How everything was supposed to be customizable;
    • How everything was supposed to have ZERO effect on player power or progression;
    • The reason Garrisons became a thought in the first place was to compete with Wildstar and SWTOR player housing.

It really didn't, the game had a lot of marvels, the problem was it had to compete with WoW that was coming off a strong expansion, into the first horrible expansion that people stuck through because they expected better out of Blizzard.
    It did, really. Other games "had to compete" with WoW and are still around, like Guild Wars 1 and 2, and Final Fantasy XIV. Just read a little about what people say about the game and you'll have an idea of why it died.

Really? Then why have all these systems disappeared from the game? Why has Blizzard admitted that several features over the last several expansions have been called and I quote "failures" by Blizzard themselves like the Garrison, Artifact Weapons, and Azerite Armor to name a few.
    I see more claims, and still absolutely zero evidence of that.

As I mentioned above, the first Blizzcon where WoD was announced, in the deep dive panel.
    If that's true, feel free to link me the video with the timestamp, and I'll check it out.

What are you talking about? WoD had/has an Auction House in the capital that wasn't Engineer specific.
    Oh, right. I remember now. Ashran. Yeah, Warlords was the exception, because TBC, Wrath, Legion and BFA all had no auction house in their capitals.

The inn quests were done in less than a month, you went there ONCE per day for a month to pick up the quest and after you had all the rewards there was no reason to run the dungeons.
    So what if they were "done in less than a month"? It was still a "daily dungeon quest hub". You're just moving goalposts, here.

No, it's not a "big if". This has been proven, people preferred to Ironforge over Stormwind consistently for a very long time, even moving into Burning Crusade, people would hang out in Ironforge over Shattrath. This just proves to me that you aren't actually a veteran player if you don't know these simple facts.
    "Simple facts" of which you have nothing to show but your words?

Except not really because there was HUGE community outrage over this fact for months leading up to WoD and for several months in WoD.
    That entire line is completely irrelevant, because Karabor and Bladespire Citadel have been removed as capitals before the game even went into Alpha, so no one saw how those would have looked like as capitals, so no one has any idea how those zones would've looked like as capitals, and how useful they would be.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2020-09-29 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    its a very crappy argument,its like saying transmog takes people away from hubs because they are farming old raids/dungeons etc for it

the op is very right....its a CRIME agains the gaming comunity that blizzard has yett to implement a true housing system....they have so many good examples out there,and it would fit and work in wow soooooo gooood

have a decorations profesion for it,have stuff drop in raids,mythic only chairs maybe lol,pvp,achvments!!! they can finnaly make achvments usefull,they can even put some on the shop to cover the activision boner

wow arhitecture is also sooooo good for a housing system,imagine a gilnean style manor...or waycrest,or some mop chinese/japanese like houses,have them be instanced in special areas,or do it like poe does it in a special out of bounds zone with differend biodomes,desert,forest,jungle etc

blizz is literaly bleeeding subs and money by not doing this...this is something the collectionists would DROOL over,and its even something people that dont care about collections would dabble in
    It can be argued easily that by not doing housing blizzard saved wow. Almost all mmo that have had housing has failed. Wow doesn't have it and continues to dominate. The expansion that wow did housing+ was it's worst failure. They even marketed 6.1 as a major patch and we lost a whole raid tier. Blizzard learned very quickly that housing is a waste of resources. Who cares what reason they gave. The players hated it and it's never coming back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The difference is the Garrison was a half-assed attempt at player housing, like most successful concepts Blizzard steals from other mmo's. They put in a minimal amount of effort to concepts and systems, then slap bandaid fixes throughout the expansion and it doesn't even turn out acceptable in the end. Garrison's wouldn't have been the "hangout" spot if the Capitals weren't copy/pasta building assets from the Garrison. If Capitals were Karabor and Bladespire Citadel, as originally intended, significantly less people would have spent time parked in the Garrison.
    Also, if you just don't put things like auction houses, portals to cities, a mission table, invasions and other gameplay things in the housing, and just have it be player housing, then guess what, people still need to go out into the world. Garrisons had that effect because you could have so much stuff there and had systems like your follow board and daily gathering quests there etc. There was gameplay pulling people there. If housing was a cosmetic side content thing without quests or mission tables etc, then it wouldn't depopulate the world.

Like transmog, I think blizzard would be surprised how popular a full on housing system would be if they put effort into one.

see, that might be interesting. But then you would still have to have a way for other people to see it without having to be invited to it for it to really make a difference.

If they did it right, player housing would be fantastic.
    Some of the things they don't/shouldn't do:
    - Isn't a rested area
    - Doesn't have a mailbox
    - Doesn't provide loot or additional cosmetics

Some of the things that it can provide:
    - A place where you can show off collections of weapons/armor/pets/mounts
    - A place that you can customize to make it your own little corner of Azeroth
    - A place where you can display pristine versions of artifacts obtained via archaeology

It would add additional flavor to professions like leatherworking, blacksmithing, inscription, jewelcrafting, and tailoring. You can buy or make items to furnish it, etc. Sure it may sound more like The Sims but it would add a depth of interactivity this game has lacked for its entire tenure. As it doesn't offer obvious benefits it wouldn't be viewed as mandatory. It wouldn't be hard to code so it wouldn't take away those often-lamented precious resources from creating other content considering the people making said content wouldn't be involved in this anyhow.

The sooner they realize and implement this the better.

The farm in Mists was rather fun and interactive. Kinda hope we get something like that back again. A small patch of land that's just for the player to do stuff in and not as big or important as Garrisons. Should not be a marquee feature like Garrisons.
    Last edited by catalystical; 2020-09-29 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    For the amount of money WoW brings in, you're really delusional enough to think they don't have the budget to do more? Have you played any other game? The amount of content WoW produces is horrible compared to most other gaming companies.
    WoW certainly brings more money in than most games with the subscription they receive, but most games does not have the same operation cost either.

I would suspect most companies, once a game is released, the team is scaled down. Unless they have DLC plans. But WoW has a lot of servers running, data backups, etc. Costs that other games does not have.

Now I have no idea how much it costs to run those servers 24/7 and the number of people they employ to keep it running.

The real problem is that Blizzard when it comes to WOW is not able to keep any system alive and extended the next expansion let alone multiple expansions.

Take Garrisons for example. The closest thing we've had to housing in WOW. All the cool buildings, music customization, etc. But kinda pointless now. Was also put in a dead end area.

Would be nice and fun if they would. I'd even settle for every character being able to do all the gathering professions and have the mine and herb farm back.... But nah.