Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    either they make housing with wildstar-like customizability, or dont even bother.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    either they make housing with wildstar-like customizability, or dont even bother.
    Agree, i loved wildstar housing, amazing.

Housing will 100% contribute to mass autism we already have, I say no
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Tbh half the problem here is every one has grand ideas of what housing will be, some super auslme customizable barbie house you can have in 10000x ways when I reality you all know what every they could do with with wows old junky engine would just be a disapointment.

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    I read until I saw you suggesting that they could add things to the cash shop then stopped.

It actually boggles my mind how people think its acceptable for a game with an upfront cd key cost, plus a 15 dollar monthly sub, to then triple dip peoples pockets for even more money. Its so fucking greedy and its sad how many people accept it in ANY form. When you're paying $410 every 2 years to play a game you should be entitled to all of the content their devs produce, $410, not $41, $410 for a fucking video game and its still not enough to warrant all the content being avaliable! Fucking NUTS!
    What is there in the Cashshop worth getting? Nada. Just ignore it as most people do. MTX are here to stay. Be glad it is not like BDO or FF14.

-----------------------------------------------------

OT: Housing would push the game more towards single player which i think does the game a disservice. It is allready on that way as many poeple want to do anything by themselves without communicating with anyone. (Solo dungeons/raids)
    Giving them more will just take even more of the MMO of the game and push it more into Singelplayer... please don't.

There are enough Singplayer games that do this better. Play them.

Guildhousing will be a shitshow.... they should not even touch it

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    We saw what "housing" did to the game in WoD. Never again.

Yes, Garrison was the main reason, cities were depopulated in WoD.

Not the scrapped main cities in the expansion.
    Not the fact, there was literally nothing else to do, except for current tier raid once a week
    Not the fact half of the expansion was scrapped.

Exactly the garrisons were the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    We saw what "housing" did to the game in WoD. Never again.
    Thats not housing at all. The whole argument of taking people out of the main city doesnt really count if a player house doesnt have the amenities a garrison has. Plus, you technically can already avoid the capital city if you want to. It's just not a sound argument anymore

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    It actually boggles my mind how people think its acceptable for a game with an upfront cd key cost, plus a 15 dollar monthly sub, to then triple dip peoples pockets for even more money.
    Because it's entirely optional. Not sure how that can be so mind boggling...
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2020-09-29 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    If you had asked me years ago, I would say that guild housing would work in wow. Today? Not so much. The game aint buildt around guilds any longer and I suspect fewer and fewer uses them actively. Its more about how each player plays now, theres no need to come together for content in the game.

Not saying there aint guilds out there, but its different now. People would be very upset if housing was put in only for 1 person in your guild gets to decide how it looks.
    There is no better time for player housing than today. Think about the collection tabs they added, your house can serve as a visual representation of it. Guild housing would be nice but personally, I would rather have something like a street where every player has their own house to customize.

Stormshield was always pretty busy, despite the garrisons. Sure the "old" major cities weren't, but that's all in part to them not being the relevant in the current content. Stormwind isnt THAT busy just now, but there's plenty of people in Boralus *shrug*

Agree with the comments, unless it's housing on the same level as Wildstar then it's simply not worth the effort and if Garrisons are anything to go by then I dont believe they would do it right... heck even the player / guild housing on SWTOR puts garrisons to shame!

I'm not naming names OP, but a quick look over the comments should give you the golden reason why blizzard has never done it. To much time wasted listening to the vocal minority than the rest of us. Same as with Raiding and PVP, they are worried more about that niche part of the community than giving one passing glance to the other niche sections of the community. RP community? Vastly ignored. Creative side? Nope. Tough guys with to much time on their hands? Throw every resource available and then some at them. God forbid it were to cost them a raid tier or something. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    What do you meeean. Don't you guys have garrisons? Oh they suck and the only time you go there is to get into WoD dungeons? how would housing be any different.
    The game already has plenty of useless cosmetics , pets and toys in the hundreds not even mentioning mounts, they are so many nowdays it just doesn't feel special owning a new one. Maybe all you need is to play on a RP server and use one of the many many buildings already in the game, for whatever you might want to do.
    I still keep some of my alts in their garrisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Wow doesn't need housing if they forget it exists the expansion after it was released.
    This. It needs to be a living, breathing part of the game like guild halls in Guild Wars and the dojo in Warframe. I know Blizzard has a terrible track record with making WoW actually feel alive and immersive, but if they managed to implement a quality player or guild housing system I’d be down.

All housing is, is a place for you to afk in and indulge in all the stuff you’ve acquired/purchased

I really don't get what's so great about player housing. In fact, I don't get what is the use of that. I know people on FFXIV that have better in game houses than their own real life house but I fail to see what they do in there.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont want housing, it doesnt fit in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    I'd argue YOU are the vocal minority. In the games where housing is a feature it is hugely popular by the players. Adds to the whole RP in RPG. A place the hero goes to chill out, hang with friends instead of doing laps in Dalaran (Legion was the last expansion I really played) while chatting with guildies or just standing around. And if you don't like it you have the choice not to participate. Can also diversity for crafters and the economy, gold sinks which I'd argue is needed. Just because there is a game out there that focuses on that shouldn't mean every other game shouldn't include it. What a naive opinion. I could say why play WoW when Runescape already has the whole leveling and bosses thing. Put a little thought into your opinions.
    Claiming it is hugley popular among WoW players becuse it is popular in other games does not = putting more thought into your opinion. Also, every other game having housing does not mean WoW has to. WoW has proven to be far more popular than those games despite NOT having housing. The way you talk, all those games should have millions of players while WoW is circling the drain. WoW sets itself apart by not having housing. And who cares where your toon is when you are chilling out online? It makes no difference.

As I said before, it is far better to use resources on things like dungeons, raids, Torghast, Warfronts, Island Expiditions and things like that over wasting it on player housing so a vocal minority can play house. IF you want to do that, go play those other games that have it. Wow is perfectly fine without it and is massively more popular than any other MMO that has it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    Look what the garrisons was going to be when they announce it ... "you can have your garrison anywhere in draenor" and that changed to one spot.

If you want housing, then why not just go and play the sims
    IT changed because they realized the amount of time and resources needed to make that work was going to take their entire budget.

I hope they never do housing, it's not only fluff without purpose, but it's either instanced, that means noone outside the circle of fans of The Sims will ever see my shitty house or it is some kind of real estate, which brings a whole lot of other, questionable consequences.

All games with elaborate housing systems failed, except for FF as i read.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Unlike in FFXIV it would have to be instanced. They can just put a house in a few zones for the alliance and a few zones for the horde. Forest house, jungle house, desert house etc. Also needs different kinds of architecture and not just human and orc.

If people can all have their garrison at the same place I don't see why they need limited housing like in FF.