Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They gave us rudimentary housing in WOD. We hated it so I doubt they would take another stab at it.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Which game?

- - - Updated - - -

You have a knack for making up issues that either don't or won't exist.
    You declaring that they don't exists doesn't make it so. If everyoe is focusing on housing, nobody is focusing on the actual core game. It is pretty bad for the game if everyone is only doing housing and not any of the actual game.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You declaring that they don't exists doesn't make it so. If everyoe is focusing on housing, nobody is focusing on the actual core game. It is pretty bad for the game if everyone is only doing housing and not any of the actual game.
    Because EVERYONE would do ONLY housing and nothing else, right?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Because EVERYONE would do ONLY housing and nothing else, right?
    The way many talk here, yes. I mean, everyone here says the game is complete juink, so obviously housing would be the only thing they do.

They just have to copy the housing system from FFXIV and be done in no time, if they need to upgrade their engine is a good time to do so. They could just use a team that could focus only on that.

7+ Year Old Account
    The thought that the two are mutually exclusive, that blizzard can't work on two features at the same time is ludicrous; especially given that they have done so in the past. As I said: you have a knack for making up issues that either don't or won't exist: in this case two items - that blizzard can't work on two things at ther same time and that if blizzard adds housing EVERYONE would be working on housing. Ridiculous notions.

Edit:
    Same kind of BS people used to sling about Classic happening. Look how that turned out.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2020-11-11 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Snipped the snark and the attitude
    I was illustrating how player housing would not require a ton of resources to develop since all of these mechanics already exist in the game. The only time Devs would have to spend would be with the furniture. If they want to be lazy, they could just pre-decorate it with the basics like a tavern and see how successful they are. No harm no foul. As for being a dick, people like you are the reason some people aren't exactly enthused about sharing their opinions about a game they truly enjoy. I hope when you have a feature you would like to see added, some jerk doesn't crawl out of his snark mobile and spew vitriol all over you. Have a nice night.

- - - Updated - - -

The way many talk here, yes. I mean, everyone here says the game is complete juink, so obviously housing would be the only thing they do.
    Housing would be amazing for RP and personal reasons, but it would hardly stop anyone from PvPing or running your precious PvE content. Hell, people stand around in Stormwind and Orgrimmar when they could be in their houses waiting for raid time and not clogging up the cities. Imagine full server lag being reduced simply by the number of players who would sit in their houses, the way they were stuck with their garrisons, only this time with things to do while they wait, or they craft. Sadly, you are likely just one of those raiders who subs, plays til the content dries up, unsubs, and comes back 4 months later. Those of us who stay subbed would like housing to enjoy.

(See how broad generalizations and assumptions are foolish?)
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

housing would need a lot of art asset creation, which is the main time sink in development. It's not so much a question of whether player housing would be fun or worthwhile as it is a question of what features you'd give up to get it.

and anyway, player housing is boring; it's been boring in every MMO that's tried it. At best it's garrisons with some more customization options, which... boring

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    housing would need a lot of art asset creation, which is the main time sink in development.
    Not really, there are literally thousands of ready to use models.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    It is fucking bananas that people think MMO housing systems have literally ever been interesting or good EVER a single time. Immense development time doing so much modelling just for pointless fluff that a tiny fraction even smaller than the raid community would ever touch.
    You are the one that is out of touch. Housing reuses assets already created for the game.

Besides, Blizzard can sell decos on the store, like other mmo's do. It will happen. Better come to terms with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Not really, there are literally thousands of ready to use models.
    certain assets may be re-usable but lots won't be, or will require re-coloring, texturing and etc. There's not really that great a variety of beds or chairs in the game for example, perhaps a couple of versions for each race/faction.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    My only demand is that they remain their own thing and have 0 involvement in other content outside of what they're designed for.
    That should be the whole point of it, but if you look at what blizzard does in other parts of the game such as pvp, we get forced to pve when we don't want to. I don't like m+ personally, but I'm forced to do one every week, so I get where you're coming from when it comes to this and blizzard will most likely screw something up .

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    Those of us who stay subbed would like housing to enjoy.

(See how broad generalizations and assumptions are foolish?)
    The irony.

The thought that the two are mutually exclusive, that blizzard can't work on two features at the same time is ludicrous; especially given that they have done so in the past. As I said: you have a knack for making up issues that either don't or won't exist: in this case two items - that blizzard can't work on two things at ther same time and that if blizzard adds housing EVERYONE would be working on housing. Ridiculous notions.

Edit:
    Same kind of BS people used to sling about Classic happening. Look how that turned out.
    It isn't ridiculous. WoD and Garrisons prove it. They put all their resources into Garrisons to the point where not only did they not have any for other content, they had to strip them down to the bare bones even to get something done. You can't call it a ridiculous notion when there is historical precedent.

7+ Year Old Account
    It isn't ridiculous. WoD and Garrisons prove it. They put all their resources into Garrisons to the point where not only did they not have any for other content, they had to strip them down to the bare bones even to get something done. You can't call it a ridiculous notion when there is historical precedent.
    Hmmm, constantly talking in easily dis proven absolutes. Think I'm just feeding you at this point.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2020-11-12 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    certain assets may be re-usable but lots won't be, or will require re-coloring, texturing and etc.
    Its not certain amount, almost all assets are usable from the start.

- They exists in game
    - They have textures
    - They have hitboxes

Hmmm, constantly talking in easily dis proven absolutes. Think I'm just feeding you at this point.
    Nothing is disproven. I proved my point with facts. You claiming otherwise doesn't make it disproven.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    The irony.
    Your contribution to the conversation is riveting.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    You are the one that is out of touch. Housing reuses assets already created for the game.

Besides, Blizzard can sell decos on the store, like other mmo's do. It will happen. Better come to terms with it.
    16 years and no housing. Tell me again why housing is coming?

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do housing right. The most important thing of all when it comes to housing: NO INSTANCING, NO PHASING!!

There should be prebuilt houses and apartments you can purchase all over the world, also in main cities, but it should also be possible to build your own house, brick by brick (cheaper US version: wood piece by wood piece).

So who would get the biggest apartment in Orgrimmar (per Server)? The one that won the real money Blizzard auction and paid like $50,000 for it.

There would be thousands of materials you can earn in the game, buy and sell on the AH or buy in the Blizzard shop. Yes, real money should be a thing here. That would happen anyway when stuff gets sold on the AH and people need gold.

Building your own house would be possible only at specified locations, they would have to create new land and islands everywhere. Your own house, which you can freely design, would have to undergo an approval process. This is a necessity, else you would have houses with the shape of a giant dick on day one.

Oh... and did I already mention the most important thing? NO INSTANCING, NO PHASING!! ...and freely tradeable on the AH.
    Last edited by XMD7007; 2020-11-14 at 12:48 PM.