Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    16 years and no housing. Tell me again why housing is coming?
    I literally just told you. It's popular and makes money.

I am pretty sure, there was such topic against transmog before introduction of the system.

It is hilarious, since collecting transmogs is pretty much endgame for a serious part of the community

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I literally just told you. It's popular and makes money.
    It's been doing that for 16 years and still no housing. So again, tell me why housing is coming? Blizzard's history tells you the exact opposite. They have not done it despite the fact that housing makes money in other games. I am not going to accept something that Blizzard clearly isn't going to do.

we do not need housing... why is it so important to have a house in a game? there's no benefit.. and it usually ends up being micro transaction ridden piece of crap. Loot suddenly revolves around trophy's for your fabled home that no one will see unless you group them in and it possibly becomes another bank.. so whats the point.. game resources do not need to be assigned to something so stupid. i am waiting for one solid reason why you need an imaginary house in a game, and how it is a benefit.

Transmogrification is something a) always on your screen, b) always on the screen of everyone around you and your party.
    Housing is something a) you won't see 99% of time, b) everybody else won't see 99.999(9)% of time.

Comparing those two is ridiculous.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol at these people saying there should be housing but it shouldn't be instanced. Because 1000s of houses on each server wouldn't look totally ridiculous and make the game effectively look like a Russian grid city. Because adding a bland flat landmass for additional homes wouldn't look equally as ridiculous and contrived.

Even bigger lol at people saying there should be a number of fixed plots for sale at outrageous real life money prices.

All so what, people can play home decorator? Doesn't matter if the houses are instanced or not. They'll take people out of cities. So they can sit in their little homes playing the Sims or Minecraft, furnishing it all up nicely for their own vanity.

Meanwhile, everywhere else begins to feel emptier as a result of all these people relaxing on their virtual sofas. Just because other MMOs have it, it doesn't mean WoW needs it, nor does it make it right for WoW.
    Last edited by Will; 2020-11-14 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I absolutely don't care about player housing in an MMO. Now, GUILD HOUSING; a place to develop as a community, that's something I would be into. And it would finally give guilds some needed meaning back. Last expansion guilds got love was Cata.
    Did you play Cata when it went live? Guild leveling and perks ended up being a huge failure. People stopped joining low level guilds, because they wanted quicker access to all of the perks. And said perks ended up being abused by Guild masters. Blizzard removed a lot of them, but the damage to the community was already done. It did not foster the loyalty they thought it would.

Quote Originally Posted by darklady View Post
    Did you play Cata when it went live? Guild leveling and perks ended up being a huge failure. People stopped joining low level guilds, because they wanted quicker access to all of the perks. And said perks ended up being abused by Guild masters. Blizzard removed a lot of them, but the damage to the community was already done. It did not foster the loyalty they thought it would.
    I did. As a matter of fact cata was the only expansion I played without pausing. And honestly it was a good time for guilds, not a failure at all. And it was absolutely not damaging the community. Other systems in cata and following expansions did though. Was it perfect? No, of course not. Why give individual players rewards just for joining a guild? But the boni for the guild were nice. The things that benefited the guild as a whole, which in turn benefited the players. Like the 5% of gold looted copied to the guild bank. Not a reward for an individual player, but the gold could be used to benefit active players in the guild by providing them with flasks for the raid, or letting members of a certain rank use guild repair.

A system that rewards players for just being in a guild is nonsense. But a system that lets players that are active in a guild have advantages is a good idea imo. Sure, guild masters could take advantage of that. But if they do, then just look for a better guild; at some point the guild master will be the only member of their guild.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    Your contribution to the conversation is riveting.
    Much like this response :^)

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It's been doing that for 16 years and still no housing. So again, tell me why housing is coming? Blizzard's history tells you the exact opposite. They have not done it despite the fact that housing makes money in other games. I am not going to accept something that Blizzard clearly isn't going to do.
    Because people want it. What's so difficult to understand?
    History is meaningless. It's not a linear line.
    A month ago you would've told me Multiboxing with 3rd party software has been allowed for 16 years, they will never change that. Now where are we?

I'm sorry people have paid thousands of dollars for a mount with an auction house and for achievements/mounts with real money. Anyone who thinks player housing cosmetics would not sell is a moron. People like cosmetics more than raw power upgrades. Think about that for a second. Can we not do this changebad.exe every expansion. Player housing done right would be amazing for blizzard especially if they allow cash shop items. Stop bad.exeing every idea cause changes.

Instead of system bradddsdasdadasdsa.exe can we discuss the pros and cons and how to implement the system in the best way possible fk once.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2020-11-15 at 02:57 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

WoW just isn’t a player housing game. there’s no need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by haediff View Post
    WoW just isn’t a player housing game. there’s no need for it.
    Need is a dumb way to measure a features popularity. Tmogs and mounts aren't needed but the fact people pay real money for them says otherwise. People love cosmetics to the point of dropping real life cash than for a gladiator carry.

Achievements, Mounts, and Transmogs being removed wouldn't stop the basic functions of the game but it would damage it. Need is a dumb metric in wow and always has been. Pet battles aren't needed but popular. But once again mmo champion bad.exe props up again way to go boys.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2020-11-15 at 03:04 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

7+ Year Old Account
    With regards to instancing or not instancing: I really REALLY liked the way EQ2 did their housing - It was instanced. You could allow people to visit or not visit. There were different tiers of quality. It was a pretty nice feature in that game.

oi that font size
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by XMD7007 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do housing right. The most important thing of all when it comes to housing: NO INSTANCING, NO PHASING!!
    That is absolutely irrelevant. Totally and completely irrelevant to housing. I would say it has to be instanced otherwise players would make some real garbage dump city.

Honestly could care less if they ever add housing to WoW would rather have the time spent elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Because people want it. What's so difficult to understand?
    History is meaningless. It's not a linear line.
    A month ago you would've told me Multiboxing with 3rd party software has been allowed for 16 years, they will never change that. Now where are we?
    Funny thing is, I never said that about multi boxing and never would have. People have wnated it for 16 years. They still don't have it. You aren't going to get it. Just accept it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's not. This is not the sims nor should it become that.

If there is housing in Final Fantasy then its a good argument for not bringing it into wow. Its a crap game nobody plays for good reason.