Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Funny thing is, I never said that about multi boxing and never would have. People have wnated it for 16 years. They still don't have it. You aren't going to get it. Just accept it.
    It's ok, you will come to accept it. It's gonna happen. But, it's cute that you think they will ignore that mountain of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    It's ok, you will come to accept it. It's gonna happen. But, it's cute that you think they will ignore that mountain of cash.
    They have ikgnroed it for 16 years. It doesn't make the money you think it does. It's not going not going to happen and you will come to accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    They have ikgnroed it for 16 years. It doesn't make the money you think it does. It's not going not going to happen and you will come to accept it.
    We have been through this. Just cause it hasn't happened yet, it doesn't mean it won't. Again, same as multiboxing software. Did you think you had refuted that cause you never said it would always stay that way? You are not the voice of god.
    Shall we talk about how "high elves" would never be on the alliance? It would never happen!

You need to understand that what happens is what is popular. Housing is popular. It will happen eventually. They can't just slide it in in the present expansion. It needs some development time. They do make long term plans. Houising is coming. You can be sure of that. It's just a matter of when they slide it in.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-11-15 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    Much like this response :^)
    It's difficult to have an actual discussion on the forums anymore. Most people end up attacking the man, and not the idea. I'm not sure whether they find humor in it, or they simply don't know any better. Either way, finding the right answer will likely never happen. So maybe we should all stop nitpicking each other and simply discuss the topic and concept before us.

There are those who would enjoy an actual style and design of player housing. It is my opinion that this group is comprised primarily, but not solely, of roleplayers. The farm at Halfhill in Pandaria was a decent start, but the garrison was too large, on rails, and not customizable enough to be considered an actual housing system. In fact, if you did not select the Inn as one of your buildings, you had no actual place to lay your character's head at night (metaphorically speaking) when logging out.

In Star Wars, the Old Republic, strongholds and guild ships are an invaluable space for roleplaying, and even offer a level of logistical support for PvE. In much the same way the Garrison had the potential for a bank, an AH, and even a mog vendor, all of this and more is possible in a Stronghold, and with the amount of usable decor in that game, I was able to completely transform most of them into something entirely unique using walls and other items which re-shaped and redefined the space in which I was working.

For example, Coruscant and Dromund Kaas both have strongholds with multiple rooms and levels; however, with the use of walls, plants, and lighting, I could easily block off the rest of the place and convert a huge layout into a 2-3 room apartment more fitting of my "poorer" characters who would not be able to afford such luxury given their station or profession choice. On the other hand, something huge like the new Alderaan Stronghold was perfect for my galaxy famous crime lord who was sitting on billions of credits and made shady deals with both the Republic and the Empire.

The point is, if player housing... ACTUAL player housing were added, it would do a few things:

- Professions would get patterns/schematics to make decor to sell at the AH for an in-game profit and make some professions profitable again, especially on RP servers meaning more gold for crafters

- Additional specialized decor could be added to the cash shop the same way decorations are in the Cartel Market of SWTOR thus allowing Blizz an extra source of income

- Houses, expansion areas, and decor are all additional gold sinks meaning casuals who can't figure out how to make gold end up buying tokens with lines Blizz's pockets even further and saturates the token market thus driving prices down for players who live on tokens for their Free playtime

- Housing allows RPers a place outside of Stormwind, Darnassus, SilverMoon, etc to go and Roleplay or hang with friends and have their scenes, thus unclogging the city in places such as Lion's Rest or the Mage Quarter, or the Cathedral District. It may not empty these spaces permanently, but could certainly offset how much time is spent there thus reducing any lag caused by overpopulation of the shard.

In the end, player housing would essentially pay for itself, and would hardly prove to be a waste of time, money, and resources as claimed by those who would rather react to a concept than analyze it logically from all sides. Blizz makes more cash, players make more gold, and Roleplayers are given a space outside of the city to enjoy what they love most... roleplayer. We end up with MORE in Azeroth, not less, and those of us who are not complacent enough to settle for less are willing to foot the bill. All of the money that comes from player housing would ultimately allow Blizz to create additional PvE and PvP content, and the gold made by crafters for player housing could be spent on running said content in the way of flasks, etc.

So, here's the part where you can make a comprehensive post discussing or even disproving all of my points, or you can continue to post as you have been. I'd welcome some honest, and decent discussion.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    So, here's the part where you can make a comprehensive post discussing or even disproving all of my points, or you can continue to post as you have been. I'd welcome some honest, and decent discussion.
    People buy cosmetics for two reasons: to make own representation in game pleasing for themselves and to show off. Housing that you'd never visit between logging in, actually, you know, playing and logging out and that everybody else would NEVER bother to visit satisfies neither.

Those heavy RPs that actually play out long scenes are the only legitimate consumers for such a feature. Even less dedicated RPs won't bother with it. And there's simply not much of those heavy RPs to make enough audience for this feature. Because people who want build homes are playing games about building homes, not action MMOs.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

I'm not going to accuse Blizz of anything with regard to actual player housing since I do not have any facts, evidence, or dev posts to back up my claims. Hopefully they are not dead set against housing since it kinda worked when it came to our little phased farm in Pandaria. Sam principal, just enclosed and make it decorative. Would I like to see player housing? Sure. Me and at least 20 roleplayers I know. Are our voices enough to make it happen? Not really. I do hope they reconsider at least testing it small scale at some point. Garrisons were a decent first step, but felt more like a base in WC3 and less like a Gilnean home in Bradensbrook where my Worgen Druid could invite company for a dinner party.
    We had one in Garrisons, it turned the game antisocial and no one spent time together.

Hmf...for Blizz to spend time, money, and resources on this they'd have to know it's all well spent. Not just for a mouthy few. If they had over 10mil subs clamoring for it they might capitulate. As it is, it sounds like sn immense waste.

It's difficult to have an actual discussion on the forums anymore. Most people end up attacking the man, and not the idea. I'm not sure whether they find humor in it, or they simply don't know any better. Either way, finding the right answer will likely never happen. So maybe we should all stop nitpicking each other and simply discuss the topic and concept before us.

There are those who would enjoy an actual style and design of player housing. It is my opinion that this group is comprised primarily, but not solely, of roleplayers. The farm at Halfhill in Pandaria was a decent start, but the garrison was too large, on rails, and not customizable enough to be considered an actual housing system. In fact, if you did not select the Inn as one of your buildings, you had no actual place to lay your character's head at night (metaphorically speaking) when logging out.

In Star Wars, the Old Republic, strongholds and guild ships are an invaluable space for roleplaying, and even offer a level of logistical support for PvE. In much the same way the Garrison had the potential for a bank, an AH, and even a mog vendor, all of this and more is possible in a Stronghold, and with the amount of usable decor in that game, I was able to completely transform most of them into something entirely unique using walls and other items which re-shaped and redefined the space in which I was working.

For example, Coruscant and Dromund Kaas both have strongholds with multiple rooms and levels; however, with the use of walls, plants, and lighting, I could easily block off the rest of the place and convert a huge layout into a 2-3 room apartment more fitting of my "poorer" characters who would not be able to afford such luxury given their station or profession choice. On the other hand, something huge like the new Alderaan Stronghold was perfect for my galaxy famous crime lord who was sitting on billions of credits and made shady deals with both the Republic and the Empire.

The point is, if player housing... ACTUAL player housing were added, it would do a few things:

- Professions would get patterns/schematics to make decor to sell at the AH for an in-game profit and make some professions profitable again, especially on RP servers meaning more gold for crafters

- Additional specialized decor could be added to the cash shop the same way decorations are in the Cartel Market of SWTOR thus allowing Blizz an extra source of income

- Houses, expansion areas, and decor are all additional gold sinks meaning casuals who can't figure out how to make gold end up buying tokens with lines Blizz's pockets even further and saturates the token market thus driving prices down for players who live on tokens for their Free playtime

- Housing allows RPers a place outside of Stormwind, Darnassus, SilverMoon, etc to go and Roleplay or hang with friends and have their scenes, thus unclogging the city in places such as Lion's Rest or the Mage Quarter, or the Cathedral District. It may not empty these spaces permanently, but could certainly offset how much time is spent there thus reducing any lag caused by overpopulation of the shard.

In the end, player housing would essentially pay for itself, and would hardly prove to be a waste of time, money, and resources as claimed by those who would rather react to a concept than analyze it logically from all sides. Blizz makes more cash, players make more gold, and Roleplayers are given a space outside of the city to enjoy what they love most... roleplayer. We end up with MORE in Azeroth, not less, and those of us who are not complacent enough to settle for less are willing to foot the bill. All of the money that comes from player housing would ultimately allow Blizz to create additional PvE and PvP content, and the gold made by crafters for player housing could be spent on running said content in the way of flasks, etc.

Very good post. Housing in SWTOR is awesome. But, some people just drink that Blizzard cool aid and when they say something it's gospel like they have never changed their minds.

Also, despite many haters existing in the forums, the fact is Blizzard often listens to those asking for new things rather than those denying them.
    The joke is on them, really. Be it multiboxing cheating removed, alliance "high" elves, vulpera, pandas, etc.

what's fucking bananas is that this topic is still a thing, and that the people whingeing about it don't realize that they don't represent a significant amount of players, because most players dont ever go to the forums. ( Same with the folks who keep crying about a Tinker class).

Even if there are 50,000 of your kind... That's irrelevant. When there's a few million, Blizzard might care

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    We had one in Garrisons, it turned the game antisocial and no one spent time together.
    Because there was no reason to. Only thing people could spend time together in garrison was invasions. Which did work.
    However you forgot that actual gameplay loop was all inside garrison as well. And that was the problem.

Garrison should have missions, npcs, maybe some mailbox and thousands of decorations to farm/craft/buy and thats it.
    Not be ultimate source of income, mats, food, everything. There was no reason to leave it while it provided you everything.
    Should have be the opposite, provide you nothing and give tons of opportunities to leave (gather decorations).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    We have been through this. Just cause it hasn't happened yet, it doesn't mean it won't. Again, same as multiboxing software. Did you think you had refuted that cause you never said it would always stay that way? You are not the voice of god.
    Shall we talk about how "high elves" would never be on the alliance? It would never happen!

You need to understand that what happens is what is popular. Housing is popular. It will happen eventually. They can't just slide it in in the present expansion. It needs some development time. They do make long term plans. Houising is coming. You can be sure of that. It's just a matter of when they slide it in.
    you swear that 'Houising is coming'... is that before or after the next ELE? If you say before, then I'll say prove it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

That idea was scrapped a million years ago. Especially when Blizzard decided to remove anything that resembled RPG in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    That idea was scrapped a million years ago. Especially when Blizzard decided to remove anything that resembled RPG in the game.
    What has one to do with the other and how was RPG removed exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Blizzard themselves have said it's coming:

https://wow.4fansites.de/news,8701,B...Eberblick.html
    Is this the most concrete thing ya have?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

go play animal crossing its never gonna come. they already scrapped it once and there are plenty of empty houses in the major cities

it is f***ing bannanas that people don't realize Blizzard TRIED THIS WITH GARRISONS AND IT FAILED.... How do people not understand this?

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    it is f***ing bannanas that people don't realize Blizzard TRIED THIS WITH GARRISONS AND IT FAILED.... How do people not understand this?
    that is no where close to player housing
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I haven't played WoW in a while, but I play GW2. I just wanted to chime in my tiny piece about player housing, just in general. Personally, I'm not a big fan of it. I'm not that good at doing all the housing placement stuff, and sandboxy games like No Man's Sky drives me insane with how tedious I personally feel it is to build up a "house" piece by piece. Like, if I wanted to play a game like that, I would just do The Sims. In an MMO, I want to go out and explore, quest, indulge the lore, get great gear and weapons, and tell people in general chat that their favorite anime is trash. Housing/sandbox systems take me away from that, and it's just not something I enjoy.

I know there are a lot of people that LOVE sandboxes and housing stuff, more power to you, and I do hope WoW gets it someday so it can appease you. I don't know when/if they'll ever put it into WoW though because I suspect there are a good deal of players with a similar mindset to mine, except that they also look at the monthly fee and say to themselves, "why am I wasting time building up a house and paying someone else to let me do it?" Keep promoting your interest in it though, Blizzard will add it if there are enough people asking for it and they figure out a way to do it with minimal development resources.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love housing, hopefully taking inspiration from RuneScape's. It should be the culmination of everything your character does. A visual representation of your Achievment Diary. Kill Arthas? Get a Helm of Domination replica to hand on your wall. Want to show off how good a miner you are? Build a throne from 1000 Cobalt, Felsteel, truesilver, and ghost iron bars. Have a lot of gold? Spend a few million to make a treasure room with a gold golem boss guarding it. Like pet collecting? Make a yard where dozens of your battle pets can run around interacting with objects and each-other. They could add so many things, odd objectives or items to make, with the end goal being having the most pimped out house. Could also take inspiration from Skyrim and add weapon and armor stands to show off your favorite transmogs, and, ideally, have some sort of ability to hire servants. Someone who you can send to anywhere in the world to gather things, a way to slowly make progress on old expansion professions without farming mats or breaking the bank. Like Draenor garrisons, but doesn't require daily upkeep and can net you everything from vanilla herbs to legion leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    Housing/sandbox systems take me away from that, and it's just not something I enjoy.
    No, garrison took you away from content. Properly done housing system does the opposite. All the content dropping house cosmetics is a purpose that pushes players into exploring.

You are thinking about failed attempt.