The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Amazon’s gaming service.

Didnt see any threads about this yet
    So amazon has unveiled its latest venture into gaming with the Luna gaming services.
    https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/25/2...ss-geforce-now

It’s kinda inspiring how they stuck with the idea even after seeing how stadia turned out. All these companies desperately trying to be the Netflix of gaming when the infrastructure just isn’t there.

Considering the biggest issue is trash internet, I don't think this will do well.

Does this one deal with a majority of the world having dogshit internet for streaming? no? okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    GeForce Now is actually decent, to the point bad actors regularly use it to mask themselves and publishers ban it because they feel like they aren't getting their cut.

Stadia is hot garbage and like many Google products, marketed and maintained poorly. Google likes the idea of doing stuff than actually sticking with their projects.

Amazon has the advantage of being the backbone of the the internet, being great at retail, and a thumb in front end side of gaming. Their problem is they believe they can just throw money at stuff until it works.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Competition is nice but it doesn't solve the fact that the IOT is not there yet. W/o wide, massive infrastructure upgrades this is still a pipe dream.

I have always seen this as more of a developing world tech, where people lack money / space. Most people in the western country would want their own PC, sitting at a nice desk in a good chair with a good screen. At least thats what I want when I game. For now I dont see the point.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Competition is nice but it doesn't solve the fact that the IOT is not there yet. W/o wide, massive infrastructure upgrades this is still a pipe dream.
    Pretty dependant on where you live. In my area, I have some of the fastest internet in the state. I tried both Geforce Now and that other one, Rainz (something like that) both were excellent. You could just barely notice a delay at times but it was 99% passable. I also have the Nvida Shield thing and it's runs like an Xbox for the most part.

Given the ease of use and affordability, I don't think this is a pipedream at all for many in the US at least in the larger cities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I have always seen this as more of a developing world tech, where people lack money / space. Most people in the western country would want their own PC, sitting at a nice desk in a good chair with a good screen. At least thats what I want when I game. For now I dont see the point.
    People also would like to play games in other spaces; like their living room or den.