Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    You can't hit 450+ ilvl w/ a few corruptions, decent essences and decent cloak in 24 hours? I beg to differ.
    A cloak. That's all you need to complete raid. A cloak.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    You can get a low-level cloak, one-three corruption pieces that are not guaranteed to be useful, and you're not getting any rank 3 essences or good Azerite gear. You can get into a random normal pug, but you won't be contributing, which is my definition of raid ready.
    Arbitrary standards are arbitrary. People have ilvl 465 and they still only doing 20k dps. Where we were at ilvl 420. Are they raid ready?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    You can get a low-level cloak, one-three corruption pieces that are not guaranteed to be useful, and you're not getting any rank 3 essences or good Azerite gear. You can get into a random normal pug, but you won't be contributing, which is my definition of raid ready.
    Do you know what itemlevel we had when nya'lotha came out? What would does it take for you to have an expansion be alt friendly? Would you like to be able to fresh boost a character and clear mythic n'zoth that same night? like?

    Even if it takes a week, a WEEK to have an alt close to 470 with cloak and some semi decent essences, that's still rediculously fast. I legit mainswapped during bat for dazaralor mythic progression in 1 lockout. How much more alt friendly do you need?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    So how are you going to earn stygia without doing the maw????
    If you're doing content you're not going to need stygia for conduits, only for gems which eh.. i can do without.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Very bad move.

    This is will cement systemlands as being not friendly to alts at all.
    ? You get Conduits from several possible sources and they drop just like gear. The Maw currency is basically bad luck protection and eventual upgrades for people who don't run more difficult content.

    Alt friendly doesn't mean your alt's as good as your main without an hour of dinging max level, like jeez people.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    ? You get Conduits from several possible sources and they drop just like gear. The Maw currency is basically bad luck protection and eventual upgrades for people who don't run more difficult content.

    Alt friendly doesn't mean your alt's as good as your main without an hour of dinging max level, like jeez people.
    Well said..

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    Do you know what itemlevel we had when nya'lotha came out? What would does it take for you to have an expansion be alt friendly? Would you like to be able to fresh boost a character and clear mythic n'zoth that same night? like?

    Even if it takes a week, a WEEK to have an alt close to 470 with cloak and some semi decent essences, that's still rediculously fast. I legit mainswapped during bat for dazaralor mythic progression in 1 lockout. How much more alt friendly do you need?
    So much this! I really do not get what people mean by "alt friendly" anymore since every expansion has made it easier to maintain a ton of alts. I guess they just want everything from main to be mailed to their alt right after creating it.

  7. #27
    so conduit going to be the same as relic for artifacts in legion?

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    You mean like BFA?
    BURN!

    /10char

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Oh my, they're upping the relevance of the Maw. That'll make Preach happy!
    I doubt it'll make anyone happy.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    God forbid you have to do the content to get the drop. Having it based around the ilvl it drops at is not only a great thing, it's also exactly how they said they would intend it to work when the first talked about conduit ranks months ago.
    Doesn't mean it's a good idea though.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I doubt it'll make anyone happy.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Doesn't mean it's a good idea though.
    It's a great idea, they drop like gear, but don't take up the gear drop spot, higher content drops higher ranked conduits.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I doubt it'll make anyone happy.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Doesn't mean it's a good idea though.
    How would you implement it? All you've said is it's a bad idea without offering a solution. Complaining without offering solutions is generally called whining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  12. #32
    The Insane Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    15,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Esotaric View Post
    so conduit going to be the same as relic for artifacts in legion?
    Nan relics got destroyed and only worked in one weapon these are class wide and stay for ever.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    So much this! I really do not get what people mean by "alt friendly" anymore since every expansion has made it easier to maintain a ton of alts. I guess they just want everything from main to be mailed to their alt right after creating it.
    Alt friendly typically applies to multiple things. The main take away is not the ability to have an alt just as geared as you main, but the ability to play said alt as much as your main if decided.
    The double standard that comes from this is the fact to have that decision is from having less things to do in game. Less grinds. More of a raid or die system. All of those decisions also come with drawbacks and a playerbase that is upset. What the playerbase doesn’t realize is they can’t have an alt friendly xpac, in terms of being able to invest the same amount of time, without giving up things to do in game so you don’t have to spend as much time playing your main.

  14. #34
    *Conduit upgrade vendor is datamined*

    Oh, neat, I'll be able to unlock and upgrade conduits by doing Torghast on all my alts every week!

    "Specific to Ve’nari, we’re in the process of removing Stygia as a repeatable reward from Twisting Corridors. Our goal here is for the Eye of the Jailer in the Maw to be a limiting factor on Stygia gains."

    Well, never mind then. Guess I'm just sticking with the ones I get from world quests.

    I mean, unless by 'repeatable reward' they mean you can still get X Stygia per week and just no more than that from Twisting Corridors. I don't want to be forced out into the Maw just to get upgraded conduits, that place sucks. Torghast is fine.

  15. #35
    Brewmaster Tommys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,288
    I wish they'd get rid of all the alt crap.

  16. #36
    Master of the Void The Dark One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    1,942
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose221 View Post
    I call BS on that

    - - - Updated - - -



    No, you can't.
    You absolutely can, it's super easy. You just need a few friends to boost you through some M+.
    Fundamental civil rights are only "political" if you're trying to take them away from people.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    *Conduit upgrade vendor is datamined*

    Oh, neat, I'll be able to unlock and upgrade conduits by doing Torghast on all my alts every week!

    "Specific to Ve’nari, we’re in the process of removing Stygia as a repeatable reward from Twisting Corridors. Our goal here is for the Eye of the Jailer in the Maw to be a limiting factor on Stygia gains."

    Well, never mind then. Guess I'm just sticking with the ones I get from world quests.

    I mean, unless by 'repeatable reward' they mean you can still get X Stygia per week and just no more than that from Twisting Corridors. I don't want to be forced out into the Maw just to get upgraded conduits, that place sucks. Torghast is fine.
    Ve'nari isn't meant to be your main upgrade of conduits, doing content is.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    Do you know what itemlevel we had when nya'lotha came out? What would does it take for you to have an expansion be alt friendly? Would you like to be able to fresh boost a character and clear mythic n'zoth that same night? like?

    Even if it takes a week, a WEEK to have an alt close to 470 with cloak and some semi decent essences, that's still rediculously fast. I legit mainswapped during bat for dazaralor mythic progression in 1 lockout. How much more alt friendly do you need?
    I think that very few complained about alt friendliness prior essences/corruptions. It was quite tedious, especially for mythic raiders, since the neck lvl req. was quite high for those secondary utility traits, but it was doable if you weren't doing it in the first month or so.

    I think that essences and corruption were the a big part, but an underlying issue was also BFAs story design. There was literally zero incentive to replay the story on the same faction. While in Legion and SL we have incentive to do so, which also helps with main swapping when you already have an twink with some gear and progress.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    So much this! I really do not get what people mean by "alt friendly" anymore since every expansion has made it easier to maintain a ton of alts. I guess they just want everything from main to be mailed to their alt right after creating it.
    These days I'm sure people calling for alt friendlyness is basically. "I make an alt it needs to be the same level, same gear ilevel, same everything else as my main."

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Ve'nari isn't meant to be your main upgrade of conduits, doing content is.
    And as someone with better things to do on my alts than chasing slightly higher ilevels that'll be replaced in a couple of months, I was looking forward to being able to passively earn upgrades at a slower rate by doing Torghast. Now it seems that won't be the case.

    I don't expect to be as strong as a raider or get upgrades as quickly as them, but alt QOL things like what it sounded like Ve'nari was going to offer are good for those players who don't consider getting power to be their first priority.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •