Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    I wish they'd get rid of all the alt crap.
    What purpose does that serve? How does the ability to play alts negative impact you?

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Thats true, they are just like gear. But did the game really need more gear slots?
    Replacing all your gear with identical, slightly bigger numbers gear is not really what I would call fun, but it works as a system to keep us busy and its probably too much to ask to make enough unique and interest gear for all 20ish slots.

    But if they are already struggeling with making 20 new and interesting items for the standard gear slots, why are they now adding even more "identical item, but with slightly bigger numbers" slots?

    If they want to make you work for a complete toolset each patch, they should actually add new tools. Just adding a -10% debuff to your toolset each tier, so that you can grind yourself back up to where you where before the patch is not interesting gameplay.
    Well, I don't think to hard about this. For me it is just an addition to an almost 16 years old system - do content for better gear. Always worked like this, it's okay for me. Just the cooldown could be a bit lower.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Now upgrading teh conduits i hope is as simple as using teh conduit at the forge and it automatically upgrading the previous rank and not being fucked by the week long CD that exists for some idiotic reason.
    You just activate them, like essences in BFA.

    --------

    Raidready is not just gear. If you don't know anything about your class, you are not raidready, at all. I see people with 460-470 that deal less dmg than people with 430 on a daily basis.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    You mean like BFA?
    Dunno, raid member in our guild decided to reroll hunter and geared up for mythic nzoth within 2 weeks.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    So are we going to have to re-farm the same conduits over and over and over and over and over or not? It seems like we are.
    Of course we are. As someone put it before, it's this expansion's Azerite Armor. They just improved on it ever so slightly. Edit: Actually seeing how shit azerite is and was, they improved on it quite a bit, but it's obviously still just a repetitive grind.
    Last edited by Haidaes; 2020-09-29 at 10:50 AM.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

  5. #65
    Stood in the Fire Valette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    But... Conduits are just more Gearslots, just with effects instead of stats.
    You always farm new/higher gear with each new patch.
    What's the problem with Conduits, then? Just farming higher ones via higher content - this is EXACTLY like gear, they don't even get destroyed anymore, which means you can simply change them >like gear< (1 week cd ofc).
    Sure. And gear in general is pretty boring. New tiers generally also adds new trinkets which can be exciting and tier sets (they've mentioned we might get em back in SL). Not to mention new transmogs. Every tier you farm new gear, from a new raid (unless you only do m+). Farming new gear is fun, farming the same gear you farmed last tier is not so fun, especially if it comes from a type of content you don't enjoy much (which your best conduits might). Thats one of the things that made azerite armor so boring. You were just farming a better version of the same piece you were already wearing.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Valette View Post
    Sure. And gear in general is pretty boring. New tiers generally also adds new trinkets which can be exciting and tier sets (they've mentioned we might get em back in SL). Not to mention new transmogs. Every tier you farm new gear, from a new raid (unless you only do m+). Farming new gear is fun, farming the same gear you farmed last tier is not so fun, especially if it comes from a type of content you don't enjoy much (which your best conduits might). Thats one of the things that made azerite armor so boring. You were just farming a better version of the same piece you were already wearing.
    It's okay for me personally - I can see why this could be a problem for some people, but generally I don't care if the item is the same, just higher. I'll trasmogg over them anyway and I'll do M+ for the next 2 years anyway - I just want better gear/more stats/higher effects. They could bring back tier sets tho, that would be kinda cool, but it could be hard to balance in a goodish way (conduits are very strong, some legendaries are extremely strong, some cov abilities are amazing, too - now add tier effects to this).

  7. #67
    How pathetic you'd have to be to post under this "this ist just another reason I won't play shadowlands"? Great just stfu and don't play the game. Nobody will miss you.

  8. #68
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    863
    Quote Originally Posted by Domixux View Post
    How pathetic you'd have to be to post under this "this ist just another reason I won't play shadowlands"? Great just stfu and don't play the game. Nobody will miss you.
    amen. 10/chara.....

  9. #69
    These sorts of systems seem like the answer to the question "how can devs create work for themselves?"

    Blizzard would save money by just not including complicated semi-functional systems that players don't want.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    You mean classic or TBC?

    you can have a fresh 120 raid ready in like a day, you trippin?
    i got 4x toons at lvl 60 on classic with pre-bis raid gear and 2 of them even have pre-bwl bis raid gear without much effort at all, just a few dungeons and some mc/ony/zg.

    Classic is more alt friendly then BFA ever was.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    How would you implement it? All you've said is it's a bad idea without offering a solution. Complaining without offering solutions is generally called whining.
    Not having a one week CD on respec?

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    it really isnt

    you can clear normal in 440 gear
    Doesn't mean you're pulling your weight.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Dunno, raid member in our guild decided to reroll hunter and geared up for mythic nzoth within 2 weeks.
    before or after they allowed alts to purchase essences based on the progress of your mains?

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    before or after they allowed alts to purchase essences based on the progress of your mains?
    I think you know the answer to that.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    *Conduit upgrade vendor is datamined*

    Oh, neat, I'll be able to unlock and upgrade conduits by doing Torghast on all my alts every week!

    "Specific to Ve’nari, we’re in the process of removing Stygia as a repeatable reward from Twisting Corridors. Our goal here is for the Eye of the Jailer in the Maw to be a limiting factor on Stygia gains."

    Well, never mind then. Guess I'm just sticking with the ones I get from world quests.

    I mean, unless by 'repeatable reward' they mean you can still get X Stygia per week and just no more than that from Twisting Corridors. I don't want to be forced out into the Maw just to get upgraded conduits, that place sucks. Torghast is fine.
    Yeppers.

    It is going to kill alts with that change.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    So you basically want free stuff for alts. As said before: alt-friendlyness is not giving alt free stuff: alts should always be behind you main character. What alt-friendlyness means is that there is no infinite grind like AP; instead you have a finite power progression and an infinite cosmetic progression. And the most important thing here is the power progression, because you will never get cosmetics for free.
    Another BFA is not good. Don't copy what BFA did to alts.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Uvania View Post
    i got 4x toons at lvl 60 on classic with pre-bis raid gear and 2 of them even have pre-bwl bis raid gear without much effort at all, just a few dungeons and some mc/ony/zg.

    Classic is more alt friendly then BFA ever was.
    This is very true.

    People don't want to admit it but the game has become anti alt lately.
    Battle for Abilities = WoD 2.0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    I'll trust blizzard over your assessment. They've been doing this for a long time. It may very well be that your class is nerfed in which case, your class will feel as if it doesn't work correctly.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I think you know the answer to that.
    I mean, I assume after?
    That would not invalidate the point, that BfA was THE "main char matters" addon. No addon before required more work to get your alts equipped and ready for raid (yeah, yeah. ready is quite subjective here) than BfA; Not even Legion, the second worst offender in this category. Just because they changed it months after the final big patch hit, doesn't change the verdict for the addon here.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    But... Conduits are just more Gearslots, just with effects instead of stats.
    You always farm new/higher gear with each new patch.
    What's the problem with Conduits, then? Just farming higher ones via higher content - this is EXACTLY like gear, they don't even get destroyed anymore, which means you can simply change them >like gear< (1 week cd ofc).

    Edit:
    Everyone who thought that upgrading Conduits via Stygia was the way to go... Holy, you are not that smart. Do you know how much time it costs to get ALL conduits at rank 1 unlocked before the system starts to upgrade your rank 1s to 2? Then all of them have to upgrade to 2, then all to 3...
    It's long known that Conduits have higher ranks if you get them via higher content/ilvl - exactly like gear. Nothing different, at all. Stygia is just a way to get them higher if you are capped at the content you play (like, only doing M15s, you could get higher ranks via Stygia). Or to counter bad luck.
    I wonder if the stygia upgrades will only work on your generic class ones and spec ones or will it work on alll conduits? That would be painful to level up all your offspec conduits in that manner...

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Well, I don't think to hard about this. For me it is just an addition to an almost 16 years old system - do content for better gear. Always worked like this, it's okay for me. Just the cooldown could be a bit lower.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You just activate them, like essences in BFA.

    --------

    Raidready is not just gear. If you don't know anything about your class, you are not raidready, at all. I see people with 460-470 that deal less dmg than people with 430 on a daily basis.
    learning your class can be done in the time it takes to cap and get gear lol its WoW the classes arent that complex

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Doesn't mean you're pulling your weight.
    doesnt mean youre not

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    learning your class can be done in the time it takes to cap and get gear lol its WoW the classes arent that complex
    Don't tell me this. Tell it those people that completely suck balls. The majority of players, actually. It's pretty hard to play good if you ask many people, even though most don't use more than 5 active buttons (cds not counted).

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Don't tell me this. Tell it those people that completely suck balls. The majority of players, actually. It's pretty hard to play good if you ask many people, even though most don't use more than 5 active buttons (cds not counted).
    well which majority of players are you talking about??

    are you using meters to check or are you talking about tanks that dont taunt in lfr??

    if you go into low end content as a high end player everyone is going to suck

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •