Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Shadowlands Conduits Update

Shadowlands Conduits Update
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’ve recently seen a number of questions about how Conduits work in Shadowlands. Here’s a brief explainer:

Conduits are items, and they have item levels like other loot you’ll see in Shadowlands. Currently in the Beta, Heroic dungeon loot is item level 171 and Normal difficulty Castle Nathria is dropping iLvl 200 gear. Like other loot, the higher the Conduit’s item level, the more powerful its effect.

Conduits can come from many sources, including dungeon bosses, raid bosses, the PvP vendor, and World Quests and content (via Callings). Conduits go into a collection, making it unnecessary to repeatedly earn individual Conduits at a given item level.

Conduits drop as personal loot and are class-based, so they don’t differ based on your active spec or your loot spec. They’re also additive with other loot drops – a Conduit won’t replace an item that a boss might otherwise have dropped. Conduits are not tradeable.

Our goal is to offer one or more ways of targeting the specific Conduits that you might want ( such as PvP vendors and loot drops), in addition to those available via Callings and a catch-all Conduit sold by Ve’nari in the Maw.

• Specific to Ve’nari, we’re in the process of removing Stygia as a repeatable reward from Twisting Corridors. Our goal here is for the Eye of the Jailer in the Maw to be a limiting factor on Stygia gains.

As with other items, you can experience big upgrades when replacing Conduits. If you have an iLvl 171 version of a Conduit, and you obtain an iLvl 213 version of that Conduit from a Mythic Keystone dungeon, you’ll take it to the Forge of Bonds and enjoy your nice upgrade.

Oh my, they're upping the relevance of the Maw. That'll make Preach happy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Oh my, they're upping the relevance of the Maw. That'll make Preach happy!
    He'll find something to complain about it. :P
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

"we’re in the process of removing Stygia as a repeatable reward from Twisting Corridors" thank god, this limits the grind by a huge amount

Very bad move.

This is will cement systemlands as being not friendly to alts at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Very bad move.

Good riddance. Bring back the days of mains mattering.

Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    You mean like BFA?

Very bad move.

God forbid you have to do the content to get the drop. Having it based around the ilvl it drops at is not only a great thing, it's also exactly how they said they would intend it to work when the first talked about conduit ranks months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Making it matter without making it fun is hardly a desireable thing. This will not be only Preach's complaint. I've heard that sentiment from multiple people in multiple communities.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

BFA says hello.

And we want to avoid a repeat of Battle for Abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    God forbid you have to do the content to get the drop. Having it based around the ilvl it drops at is not only a great thing, it's also exactly how they said they would intend it to work when the first talked about conduit ranks months ago.
    Forcing people to run alts through the maw is not good game design. 100% truth!

BFA says hello.

And we want to avoid a repeat of Battle for Abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Forcing people to run alts through the maw is not good game design. 100% truth!
    You don't have to use the maw one if you're running the content. The maw thing doesn't even allow you to target a specific conduit.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    You mean like BFA?
    You mean classic or TBC?

you can have a fresh 120 raid ready in like a day, you trippin?

15+ Year Old Account
    You mean classic or TBC?

you can have a fresh 120 raid ready in like a day, you trippin?
    No, you most certainly can't.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    You can't hit 450+ ilvl w/ a few corruptions, decent essences and decent cloak in 24 hours? I beg to differ.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    You certainly can....fresh 120 mage, got to ilvl 455 in a single day, Raid ready..

10+ Year Old Account
    where the prepatch no one cares about conduits

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I mean, currently there is plenty to complain about in the maw. Or worse, not enough.

The Maw is a wasteland right now, and not the fun kind.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by steellz View Post
    You certainly can....fresh 120 mage, got to ilvl 455 in a single day, Raid ready..
    I call BS on that

- - - Updated - - -

You can't hit 450+ ilvl w/ a few corruptions, decent essences and decent cloak in 24 hours? I beg to differ.
    No, you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You don't have to use the maw one if you're running the content. The maw thing doesn't even allow you to target a specific conduit.
    So how are you going to earn stygia without doing the maw????

15+ Year Old Account
    You can get a low-level cloak, one-three corruption pieces that are not guaranteed to be useful, and you're not getting any rank 3 essences or good Azerite gear. You can get into a random normal pug, but you won't be contributing, which is my definition of raid ready.
    BfA Beta Time