Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    is shadowlands another bfa?

    For me it looks like another exp with boring class design and boring char power level.
    The only good part of bfa was visuals and i think we are heading into that direction again what do you think?

  2. #2
    While I realize that this is a pointless troll thread, I'd say Shadowlands seems to be more like another MOP as we are returning to raiding being the clear best gearing source while the daily chores still remain.

    Shadowlands is removing so many alternative gearing paths which excisted in BFA, so no it's not another BFA.
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.

  3. #3
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    270
    Shadowlands seems to be the greatest expansion to date. That’s from what I have seen in Beta.

  4. #4
    To be honest Legion's major success wasn't really the actual content but the extremely well delivered content releases with 3 months for smaller patches and 6 months for larger patches which made Legion feel very refreshing and constantly something new to do while the actual content may not been the ''best'' overall.

    I think BfA had 2 core issues with first being the story felt disconnected with a quick jump from Faction War to fighting Naga and Old God and the last one being slow content release.

    Shadowlands content looks good but question remains if Blizzard can return to the Legion type of content release which I think is a major factor in keeping the game feeling fresh.

  5. #5
    I am Murloc! Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,773
    Yes.

    Battle for Anima.
    I did not hit that snowmound, it's not true! It's bullshit, I did not hit it. I did NAHT.
    Oh hai Yeti

  6. #6
    I would say... kinda, but not as bad.

    There won't be an AP grind, which is a great improvement.
    The class design is... a bit better in general. There will be more buttons to push.

    For me, the interesting part will be to see how the more difficult to get gear will feel and how bad it is getting conduits and legendaries.

    Assuming nothing feels terrible, i hope they take the win and just make new content rather than add more systems to character progression on top.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    For me it looks like another exp with boring class design and boring char power level.
    The only good part of bfa was visuals and i think we are heading into that direction again what do you think?
    If you look at it this way, then everything from TBC onwards is boring class design ( read revamp ) and char power level ( because badges in TBC and onwards were also character power level ).

    Just uninstall if you feel like the game is more of the same each expansion.


    P.S. it's similar to any other game, e.a. FarCry doesn't have much difference in core gameplay from version 1 to 5 either.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Yes.

    Battle for Anima.
    It's just the same power we've had in the past in form of valor / badges.

    It's weekly capped, only difference is that this is troughout the entire expansion rather as changing per tier.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by shuubu View Post
    While I realize that this is a pointless troll thread, I'd say Shadowlands seems to be more like another MOP as we are returning to raiding being the clear best gearing source while the daily chores still remain.

    Shadowlands is removing so many alternative gearing paths which excisted in BFA, so no it's not another BFA.
    This, more people should see this view rather than bashing or bitching about every little thing. Personally it's great that they go back to loot levels similar to that of vanilla, where getting an upgrade actually feels like an upgrade rather than having 6 sources of gear

  8. #8
    I am Murloc! Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Boiled-Lobster View Post

    It's just the same power we've had in the past in form of valor / badges.

    It's weekly capped, only difference is that this is troughout the entire expansion rather as changing per tier.
    That's a rather serious reply to an-- I thought-- obvious abbreviation joke.
    I did not hit that snowmound, it's not true! It's bullshit, I did not hit it. I did NAHT.
    Oh hai Yeti

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    That's a rather serious reply to an-- I thought-- obvious abbreviation joke.
    As a dutchmen you should know, us dutch take life too serious.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by dproject View Post
    Shadowlands seems to be the greatest expansion to date. That’s from what I have seen in Beta.
    good one lol

  11. #11
    Im just hoping there wont be as much grind required for player/class power. Thats what ended my sub in BfA halfway through. I have one main, but I enjoy switching classes and play different specs over the course of a xpac.

    In BfA I just gave up on that and didnt even bother grinding out stuff for my main. Some grind is OK, but atm its just to much.

    So far im not sure how to look at SL in that regard. It might be a endless grind there to.

  12. #12
    I think we can realistically expect it to be somewhere between BFA to Legion. Likely a middle of the pack expansion. Covenants do not look to be that exciting and much of the expansion is based around it. Previous points in WoW the covenants would have been a one patch feature but here we have them as a core design to the entire expac. I think other aspects of the expansion will be strong but I do think covenants will be a limiting factor. We will see two years down the road if I am right or not.

  13. #13
    Can you at least wait to until it's out before you start complaining?

    Or is this some kind of fetish to complain about anything and everything related to wow?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubu View Post
    While I realize that this is a pointless troll thread, I'd say Shadowlands seems to be more like another MOP as we are returning to raiding being the clear best gearing source while the daily chores still remain.

    Shadowlands is removing so many alternative gearing paths which excisted in BFA, so no it's not another BFA.
    Since I'm not in beta, can you elaborate on what mandatory daily chores there are in SL and what alternative gearing paths are removed compared to BFA?

  15. #15
    If you think it's going to be bad, you're already ruining it for yourself. Might as well walk away, so we don't have to hear you complain for months.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    For me it looks like another exp with boring class design and boring char power level.
    The only good part of bfa was visuals and i think we are heading into that direction again what do you think?
    I am not sure what you expected.

    The game works fine as it is (well unless you come to this forum and believe whatever all the hate-threads say), if you feel that all it's systems need a radical change then you will be disappointed. The stuff established in Legion works well, WQ, M+, Raids are the core gameplay and will not go away. Everything else is fluff and bonus, maybe it works and is fun, maybe it doesn't.

    In this regard yes, SLs will be another BFA, but that is a good thing.

  17. #17
    Dreadlord scvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubu View Post
    While I realize that this is a pointless troll thread, I'd say Shadowlands seems to be more like another MOP as we are returning to raiding being the clear best gearing source while the daily chores still remain.

    Shadowlands is removing so many alternative gearing paths which excisted in BFA, so no it's not another BFA.
    Let's not say MOP, I'd say a blend of WOD and Legion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    I am not sure what you expected.

    The game works fine as it is (well unless you come to this forum and believe whatever all the hate-threads say), if you feel that all it's systems need a radical change then you will be disappointed. The stuff established in Legion works well, WQ, M+, Raids are the core gameplay and will not go away. Everything else is fluff and bonus, maybe it works and is fun, maybe it doesn't.

    In this regard yes, SLs will be another BFA, but that is a good thing.
    This is an absolutely nuts response.

    WQ (lol) M+ and Raids aren't core gameplay. They are content.
    Gameplay is class design and balance, and if that's fucked, M+, Raids and PVP are fucked.

    And the part you mention regarding radical change, that's what Blizzard do every expansion, and it backfires more often than not. People don't want radical change, they want a system that works and is built on, not one that is scrapped every 2 years.
    Last edited by scvd; 2020-09-30 at 01:28 PM.

  18. #18
    Yes, nothing changes sadly

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    For me it looks like another exp with boring class design and boring char power level.
    The only good part of bfa was visuals and i think we are heading into that direction again what do you think?
    While it's certainly possible I highly doubt Big Blue can withstand another BFA-type hatorade. IIRC there's 2 teams. 1 team works on current expansion while the other team works on the next one in line. So, the Legion 2nd dev team didn't work on Legion but worked on BFA. Legion team is working on SLS. and so on.

    However, the current exp team does give the next team an iteration list of what worked, what hasn't worked to the next exp team. I personally didn't have much hate for BFA except for the Drustvar story arc didn't fully pan out like I wanted it to. It didn't work itself into the whole Old God theme clouding the expansion like Stormsong Valley did in a big way. Same with Tiragarde Sound.

    My hope is that the SLS team creates an overarching story that is present in all zones that makes the storyline continuous but keep each zone's story separate to create that bubble kinda like Drustvar BUT let that story dribble into the main story to add another piece to the puzzle. Such as we learn in Ardenweald that the Jailer's real name is Bob but got twisted by the Void Lords and became who he is now due to said corruption. I don't want a redemption story because that's just trite and too cliche. If he's a real a-hole, let him die as such, much like Arthas.

    with BFA, there was a redemption story, Jaina's, and it was too cliche for me. I think they could've expanded the Troll Empire storyline more with the raids and such that the Alliance did over there.

    The thing I dislike the most of the BoA heirloom changes in SLS. People such as myself worked hard on getting those BOA gear since Wrath for expanded XP gains. "But yeah, leveling is stupid fast in SLS". I don't care. Why change something that's worked since Wrath-BFA? But it's Big Blue, they changed how we get flying almost every exp so what's the point of not screwing with more things that've worked.

    I digress and I'm rambling. My hope is SLS is like Legion, a big hit and not a miss like BFA apparently is.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Jericho21 View Post
    While it's certainly possible I highly doubt Big Blue can withstand another BFA-type hatorade. IIRC there's 2 teams. 1 team works on current expansion while the other team works on the next one in line. So, the Legion 2nd dev team didn't work on Legion but worked on BFA. Legion team is working on SLS. and so on.

    However, the current exp team does give the next team an iteration list of what worked, what hasn't worked to the next exp team. I personally didn't have much hate for BFA except for the Drustvar story arc didn't fully pan out like I wanted it to. It didn't work itself into the whole Old God theme clouding the expansion like Stormsong Valley did in a big way. Same with Tiragarde Sound.

    My hope is that the SLS team creates an overarching story that is present in all zones that makes the storyline continuous but keep each zone's story separate to create that bubble kinda like Drustvar BUT let that story dribble into the main story to add another piece to the puzzle. Such as we learn in Ardenweald that the Jailer's real name is Bob but got twisted by the Void Lords and became who he is now due to said corruption. I don't want a redemption story because that's just trite and too cliche. If he's a real a-hole, let him die as such, much like Arthas.

    with BFA, there was a redemption story, Jaina's, and it was too cliche for me. I think they could've expanded the Troll Empire storyline more with the raids and such that the Alliance did over there.

    The thing I dislike the most of the BoA heirloom changes in SLS. People such as myself worked hard on getting those BOA gear since Wrath for expanded XP gains. "But yeah, leveling is stupid fast in SLS". I don't care. Why change something that's worked since Wrath-BFA? But it's Big Blue, they changed how we get flying almost every exp so what's the point of not screwing with more things that've worked.

    I digress and I'm rambling. My hope is SLS is like Legion, a big hit and not a miss like BFA apparently is.
    i hope not, waste of time for solo legit godmode players like me if it is.

    corruption boosted casuals grouping together to kill content on easy week then proclaim themselves to be "good players" absolute shambles the last season of bfa has been, impossible to prove how good you are because truth be told its the corruption thats doing all the god damn work

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •