Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Sl is looking to have Amazing class design to me, looks like another mop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho21 View Post
    While it's certainly possible I highly doubt Big Blue can withstand another BFA-type hatorade. IIRC there's 2 teams. 1 team works on current expansion while the other team works on the next one in line. So, the Legion 2nd dev team didn't work on Legion but worked on BFA. Legion team is working on SLS. and so on.

However, the current exp team does give the next team an iteration list of what worked, what hasn't worked to the next exp team. I personally didn't have much hate for BFA except for the Drustvar story arc didn't fully pan out like I wanted it to. It didn't work itself into the whole Old God theme clouding the expansion like Stormsong Valley did in a big way. Same with Tiragarde Sound.

My hope is that the SLS team creates an overarching story that is present in all zones that makes the storyline continuous but keep each zone's story separate to create that bubble kinda like Drustvar BUT let that story dribble into the main story to add another piece to the puzzle. Such as we learn in Ardenweald that the Jailer's real name is Bob but got twisted by the Void Lords and became who he is now due to said corruption. I don't want a redemption story because that's just trite and too cliche. If he's a real a-hole, let him die as such, much like Arthas.

with BFA, there was a redemption story, Jaina's, and it was too cliche for me. I think they could've expanded the Troll Empire storyline more with the raids and such that the Alliance did over there.

The thing I dislike the most of the BoA heirloom changes in SLS. People such as myself worked hard on getting those BOA gear since Wrath for expanded XP gains. "But yeah, leveling is stupid fast in SLS". I don't care. Why change something that's worked since Wrath-BFA? But it's Big Blue, they changed how we get flying almost every exp so what's the point of not screwing with more things that've worked.

I digress and I'm rambling. My hope is SLS is like Legion, a big hit and not a miss like BFA apparently is.
    LOL no , the B team shit was a joke . The same people who made Legion made BFA too and they are making SL...

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post

What? Since I don't see "/s" I assume this is serious?
    SL has a chance to have even worse class design than BFA which is the worst I've ever experienced in this game
    I hope this was a joke

Quote Originally Posted by shuubu View Post
    While I realize that this is a pointless troll thread, I'd say Shadowlands seems to be more like another MOP as we are returning to raiding being the clear best gearing source while the daily chores still remain.

Shadowlands is removing so many alternative gearing paths which excisted in BFA, so no it's not another BFA.
    What made MoP MoP was its class design, which this xpac very much doesn't have.

This is legion 3.0, its straight up the same design philosophy and systems just done in different ways. Round 3 on the same ideas.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    What? Since I don't see "/s" I assume this is serious?
    SL has a chance to have even worse class design than BFA which is the worst I've ever experienced in this game
    I hope this was a joke
    All 3 of my main classes got changed for the better and are looking rly nice comming into SL rogue assa/subt looks good warlock has destro/affl both look solid (glad they finally tried to adress the ramp during infernal) and SP is looking amazing aswell. Compared to when i went into bfa and thought all of them looked like utter dogshit. No sarcasm
    Last edited by keldarepewpew; 2020-09-30 at 02:56 PM.

The "is it another X?"-trope is shit. No expansion has been "another x", it's been bad or good in its own right.

Shadowlands will be Shadowlands. Whether good or bad, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    What made MoP MoP was its class design, which this xpac very much doesn't have.

This is legion 3.0, its straight up the same design philosophy and systems just done in different ways. Round 3 on the same ideas.
    should probably get used to it, its what we are going to have going forweard.

and hey, everyone loves legion these days. nobody remembers how bad things were at the beginning

Return to relevance of raiding is the biggest improvement so far. I doubt it. Legion was very close to BFA but Legion was actually great and BFA sucked.

How much better than BFA will it be? We'll see, but I bet it will be better, and probably much better.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-09-30 at 03:08 PM.

It is leaps and bounds ahead of BfA, most of BfA no one asked for or wanted, they even bastardized the South Seas which was supposed to be way more epic. I like WoD more than BfA even if it was Garrison land at least the zones were cool and while it was time travel it was infinitely better than "FIX AZERTOTH BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW WHERE TO TAKE THE GAME NARITIVELY HUR DURRRR lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    should probably get used to it, its what we are going to have going forweard.

and hey, everyone loves legion these days. nobody remembers how bad things were at the beginning
    Yeah I reached acceptance some point early into BFA when I quit.

I saw someone say peoples memory only extends as far back as the last patch of an xpac the further away you get from it. People always think its odd when I mention how much of an absolute mess legion was for the first 3/4ths of the xpac until the catch up maxed out and trivialized all the systems.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I believe Shadowlands is going to feel alot like Legion. But if they release it too soon...the amount of updates/bug fixes will give it a crappy BFA feel really quick. I (as any other long time WoW player) am hoping that it is a step in the right direction. But to be fully honest, I believe it will be the x-pac AFTER shadowlands that will finally hit the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    i didetn think it was possible but they did it, it is worse than bfa.

It might match, or even surpass BFA in terms of suckage. SL is the least I've ever been hyped for an x-pac, but I'll give it a chance to win me over.

7+ Year Old Account
    Like BFA it's class design is really bleh and I'd rather not have more of the 'borrowed power'. I'd rather they focus fully on our classes so that when the next expansion comes out, the classes should be fun from the start and not much to worry about.

However, UNLIKE BFA, it's not so heavy on the RNG. I like having a slower progression towards a certain item and when I get it, I should be happy. I'm not in favour of rolling enough dice to make a Shadowrun game blush just to see if I get the correct version.

So... It's a 'better version' of BFA?

Quote Originally Posted by shuubu View Post
    While I realize that this is a pointless troll thread, I'd say Shadowlands seems to be more like another MOP as we are returning to raiding being the clear best gearing source while the daily chores still remain.

Shadowlands is removing so many alternative gearing paths which excisted in BFA, so no it's not another BFA.
    MoP was the one that introduced Totanforging..

Hopefully with the delay they will not make it another bfa...

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho21 View Post
    The thing I dislike the most of the BoA heirloom changes in SLS. People such as myself worked hard on getting those BOA gear since Wrath for expanded XP gains. "But yeah, leveling is stupid fast in SLS". I don't care. Why change something that's worked since Wrath-BFA? But it's Big Blue, they changed how we get flying almost every exp so what's the point of not screwing with more things that've worked.
    It didnt work though, levelling with heirlooms was fucking awful other than the quicker XP. You would outlevel a zone after the intro quests, you didnt follow any story it all mostly got skipped.
    They removed heirloom xp bonus and rebalanced it out so that everyone has super fast leveling without jumping content.
    They fixed something that was broken.
    Heirlooms are still plenty useful so no need to complain

probably yes. Unless they add 12 class stories worth of content for each class again, and 12 new mounts for each class. Legion was the end of wow greatness. Everything else is whatever. Wow died with the defeat of Sargeras.

finally a good expansion with a nice lore after WOTLK