Poll: Favourite covenant? (aestethics/theme)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I mean, i'm not saying it's the same quality or anything. But look at the theme and aesthetics. Eveything that is elve-ish falls into this category more easily than something like Maldraxxus for example.
    Yeye I see where you coming from I just dissagree for the most part.

Venthyr.

Though going Necro for the DPS

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Not sure what you are on about. MMO-C also picked at this point Venthyr ^^
    This was yesterday my friend, fairies were leading by 10% or so lol.

Just for the aesthetics? Kyrian. Just looks really good. But the gamplay is meh.

Overall i would go for Nightfae.
    Venthyr is just... weird. Vampires? Why? We allready had the whole San'layn thing and they have aparantly nothing to do with them. And it is so cliche. Doesn't fit the wow style... FOR ME, before anyone jumps. To Castlevania-y
    Maldarxxus is just boring for me. Not good. Not bad. Just boring.

It really depends on the class theme and how you view it. I think Druids should be Night Fae cause Convoke Spirits is the tits. Rogues? Venthyr. Its all about betrayal and cloak and dagger. The sad reality is people will play the 1% dps increase in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Yeye I see where you coming from I just dissagree for the most part.
    At the end of the day, they are all somewhat lackluster if you deconstruct them. Faeries, Monsters, Angels and Vampires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overall aesthetics, I'm Necrolord all the way. I even dig the jelly critters, LOL.

Like others, I'll play through them all. If I had to rank them I'm probably:
    2. Venthyr
    3. Night Far
    4. Kyrian

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Gothic wannabe vampires?

I am pretty damn sure they are based off dracula and nosferatu. Which are the quintessential vampire stories.

I also do not understand the line wanna be gothic. It was literally the arcitectual style back when the stories of dracula became popular.
    Vampires in general don't do it for me, so Venthyr's only saving grace is that they're not as bad as the Kyrian Necrolords/Night Fae are so far ahead of the other two in my personal taste list, but alas, I'll probably be playing vampire weirdos for raiding!

Necrolords>Venthyr>>>>>>>Night Fae>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kyrian
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

10+ Year Old Account
    I like them all equally, I guess?
    It depends on the Class as well, Like I wouldn't like to be Kyrian DK for example or Necrolord Druid.
    Theme must fit the Class.

Kyrian > Night Fae > Vampires > 14 year olds

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Vampires in general don't do it for me, so Venthyr's only saving grace is that they're not as bad as the Kyrian Necrolords/Night Fae are so far ahead of the other two in my personal taste list, but alas, I'll probably be playing vampire weirdos for raiding!
    So you like the most uninteresting, generic choices. Makes sense.

Kyrian if I just go by style and story including the inhabitants.
    Night Fae if I pretend the Night Fae wouldn't be the inhabitants otherwise.

Essentially Ardenweald has imho the most beautiful art ingame, sadly it's dragged down by the bug fairies and the other abominations that live there.

Edit: Venthyr have interesting art but it's too much goth for me and I hate necrolords and their rubbish scourge aesthetic with a passion.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-09-29 at 02:52 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Loving the Night Fae myself, but I’ll probably put an alt in each one anyway.
    I’m playing all the right notes...but not necessarily in the right order.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Just for the aesthetics? Kyrian. Just looks really good. But the gamplay is meh.

Overall i would go for Nightfae.
    Venthyr is just... weird. Vampires? Why? We allready had the whole San'layn thing and they have aparantly nothing to do with them. And it is so cliche. Doesn't fit the wow style... FOR ME, before anyone jumps. To Castlevania-y
    Maldarxxus is just boring for me. Not good. Not bad. Just boring.
    I'm not questioning your choice, you can like whatever you want but there's flaw in your logic. I mean, Kyrian is this good/holy theme and Night Fae is nature/druid thing and we have those themes all over the place and in every single expansion. Obviously Venthyr and Maldraxxus share a theme with some other factions but not as much as those two. It's just not fair to call Venthyr cliche out of all of them.

For me the decision depends on my class, but I picked Venthyr for those reasons - they are the most original theme in WoW out of those four, plus I like this style.