Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    I'm not sure I buy their reasoning, I've seen too many streamers lose freshly made premade characters which were clearly not the result of build changes. That being said, it's beta so a wipe of characters, a month before release no less, is hardly an issue and these are to be expected. But I'm not sure they identified the right reason for some of these issues. I also doubt they will get alot of decent feedback at this point. That they still fiddle with the basic stuff a month before release is concerning. :/

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    hly fk they must be stressed, doing beta wipe this late to try getting in more feedback when its 4 weeks from release
    There's already a realm called Torghast exclusively for create level 60 characters with all kind of vendors.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    hly fk they must be stressed, doing beta wipe this late to try getting in more feedback when its 4 weeks from release
    We literally have a world health crisis and you expect their plans to remain on schedule without any problems?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm not sure I buy their reasoning, I've seen too many streamers lose freshly made premade characters which were clearly not the result of build changes. That being said, it's beta so a wipe of characters, a month before release no less, is hardly an issue and these are to be expected. But I'm not sure they identified the right reason for some of these issues. I also doubt they will get alot of decent feedback at this point. That they still fiddle with the basic stuff a month before release is concerning. :/
    My fresh 50 rogue is stuck without any covenant abilities and mobs are scaled to level 60. Sounds like my case perfectly fits their reasons for a wipe.

  4. #24
    So probably no pre-patch until 13th? It would not make sense to make a global beta wipe just to do another 2-3 days of tests with fresh chars.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    My fresh 50 rogue is stuck without any covenant abilities and mobs are scaled to level 60. Sounds like my case perfectly fits their reasons for a wipe.
    If your character is fresh then he wasn't broken by a build change though.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    If your character is fresh then he wasn't broken by a build change though.
    Didn't mean I just made it, meant it was a premade and still level 50.

  7. #27
    When you have tons of bug report conerning thing that should have been fixed but you have to manually correct each character so they can progress, the most logical action is to clear everything so that they can be sure the process is working as it should with fresh characters, its a bit like if they are doing a launch and replicate the condition of a release day for those that'll level up a new char.

    Pretty sure it'll be followed by a massive wave of beta invite to test the leveling part.

    Actually they can still fix the level 60 content before the raid opening, the leveling part is the most important and it must be tester to assume there are no game breaking bugs

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbler View Post
    Damn a character wipe this late in beta. Hopefully they add a level 60 template
    IT says right in the blurb that the Torghat realm has level 60 templates and has had them since it was first brought online.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    So probably no pre-patch until 13th? It would not make sense to make a global beta wipe just to do another 2-3 days of tests with fresh chars.
    They are talking about Beta here, not PTR. Beta still goes on for another month. PTR is the pre-patch.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2020-09-29 at 03:38 PM.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    hly fk they must be stressed, doing beta wipe this late to try getting in more feedback when its 4 weeks from release
    This is a good sign, they should be working right up until release unlike BfA where they said fuck it and gave up.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Heh, yeah everything you said is definitely true and not a defensive reaction. You might also want to look up the definition of a troll. If you know the definition and are still upset by my post, I refer you to the first part of this post, and my previous post for additional self discovery.

    The fact that you deleted your original post at least shows that you're aware you overreacted.
    Angry little cabbage aren't you?
    And no, your assumptions are quite incorrect, and I'd correct you on how if you mattered more.

  11. #31
    The Lightbringer chrisisvacant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Formerly SF. Now Sydney.
    Posts
    3,069
    "Beyond cruel"?

    Fuck, WoW players are some of the most dramatic and mentally unstable people around.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    So probably no pre-patch until 13th? It would not make sense to make a global beta wipe just to do another 2-3 days of tests with fresh chars.
    They split the Beta from the pre-patch so that they can work on SL's for longer. So no, this has absolutely nothing to do with the date for the pre-patch. There will be an extra download for the actual SL patch.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  13. #33
    Kinda still missing some transmogs from other expansion alterations yet, aren't we? Some recipes that were supposed to be re-added but don't seem to be found anywhere.

  14. #34
    Herald of the Titans Violent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    We literally have a world health crisis and you expect their plans to remain on schedule without any problems?
    Oh stop it. Developing a game isn't being a Doctor. You don't have to make house calls, you're not touching people..
    You do know 98% of their work they can do from home, (and now is), right?

    "world health crisis" is that so many of you people believe that's what's really happening.
    It's like flat-earth almost, shit just keeps spreading, and its absolutely false.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

    <~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Oh stop it. Developing a game isn't being a Doctor. You don't have to make house calls, you're not touching people..
    You do know 98% of their work they can do from home, (and now is), right?

    "world health crisis" is that so many of you people believe that's what's really happening.
    It's like flat-earth almost, shit just keeps spreading, and its absolutely false.
    ok karen

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Oh stop it. Developing a game isn't being a Doctor. You don't have to make house calls, you're not touching people..
    You do know 98% of their work they can do from home, (and now is), right?

    "world health crisis" is that so many of you people believe that's what's really happening.
    It's like flat-earth almost, shit just keeps spreading, and its absolutely false.
    You were right in your first paragraph. In your second paragraph you lost all credibility and cone across as one of those flat earth believers.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    We literally have a world health crisis and you expect their plans to remain on schedule without any problems?

    - - - Updated - - -



    My fresh 50 rogue is stuck without any covenant abilities and mobs are scaled to level 60. Sounds like my case perfectly fits their reasons for a wipe.
    Diabetes is much much much more deadly.

  18. #38
    Herald of the Titans Violent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    You were right in your first paragraph. In your second paragraph you lost all credibility and cone across as one of those flat earth believers.
    Lol that's my entire point.. If everyone suddenly ran around and started thinking the earth is flat, (which since the advent of the internet, that number of people has sky-rocketed), it doesn't make it any truer just because more & more people believe it.
    I presume this virus to be just that. An over-blown thought that has affected all of us now, to which there is no real basis for.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

    <~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    Diabetes is much much much more deadly.
    True, but I have a friend with diabetes and he never passed it on to me even though we have been hugging, shaking hands, spitting at each other and even shared a woman together.
    - Enough prattling. Let them come. We shall grind their bones to dust.

  20. #40
    Herald of the Titans Violent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    True, but I have a friend with diabetes and he never passed it on to me even though we have been hugging, shaking hands, spitting at each other and even shared a woman together.
    You can't get cancer like that either.. Covid > Cancer? I think not.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    ok karen
    Urban Dictionary(DOT)com - Karen..
    "The stereotypical name associated with rude, obnoxious and insufferable middle aged white women."

    I'm a male in my mid 30s.. You fool.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

    <~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •