Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    We literally have a world health crisis and you expect their plans to remain on schedule without any problems?
    yes, because shareholders

  2. #42
    Titan Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    11,359
    Honestly they should either push back release or extend pre patch to go past release..maybe be like invasions but only for level 80s and keep the icecrown parts around

  3. #43
    Herald of the Titans Violent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Honestly they should either push back release or extend pre patch to go past release..maybe be like invasions but only for level 80s and keep the icecrown parts around
    Agreed. /10chr
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

    <~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    You can't get cancer like that either.. Covid > Cancer? I think not.
    True, cancer isn't contagious either. Well done sir.

    Looking forward to Shadowlands.

    (had to add something relevant)
    - Enough prattling. Let them come. We shall grind their bones to dust.

  5. #45
    So open beta then? LoL.

  6. #46
    They can't delay the expac launch. I already got time off work. Time for 24/7 crunch.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    We literally have a world health crisis and you expect their plans to remain on schedule without any problems?
    Considering they announced the release date in August of this year? Yes I would expect Blizzard to have calculated Covid into their schedule.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Angry little cabbage aren't you?
    And no, your assumptions are quite incorrect, and I'd correct you on how if you mattered more.
    I guess I stepped on sore toes. Apologies for hurting your feelings.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Considering they announced the release date in August of this year? Yes I would expect Blizzard to have calculated Covid into their schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Oh stop it. Developing a game isn't being a Doctor. You don't have to make house calls, you're not touching people..
    You do know 98% of their work they can do from home, (and now is), right?

    "world health crisis" is that so many of you people believe that's what's really happening.
    It's like flat-earth almost, shit just keeps spreading, and its absolutely false.
    In august US had a confirmed 2.5m cases and now they're over 7 million.

    Deaths gone from 128k to 205k in the same timespan.


    Whatever predictions were made in August, situations change. Expecting employees at a game company to risk everything to hit some arbitrary deadline for a, and I cannot stress this enough, VIDEO GAME, is insanity.

    Beta has been hands down the most buggy experience of all the Blizzard betas I have been in. It most definitely does not feel like the usual Blizzard product considering we're a month from launch.

    Working from home does not mean working 100% efficiently. It means work hasn't grinded to a halt.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    Diabetes is much much much more deadly.
    Go be alt-right elsewhere.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    In august US had a confirmed 2.5m cases and now they're over 7 million.

    Deaths gone from 128k to 205k in the same timespan.


    Whatever predictions were made in August, situations change. Expecting employees at a game company to risk everything to hit some arbitrary deadline for a, and I cannot stress this enough, VIDEO GAME, is insanity.

    Beta has been hands down the most buggy experience of all the Blizzard betas I have been in. It most definitely does not feel like the usual Blizzard product considering we're a month from launch.

    Working from home does not mean working 100% efficiently. It means work hasn't grinded to a halt.
    where on earth am I saying devs are expected to risk anything?

    In August companies, including Blizzard, had already switched to working from home.
    Not working at 100% isn't relevant when you know your not working at 100% because you've already been working from home for some time.

    They knew the situation in August and they knew the measures. If you announce a date while at reduced efficiency I assume the date to take that reduced efficiency into account.

    Is Shadowlands delayed compared to what Blizzard excepted back in 2019? Absolutely, how could it not. But do not pretend that they could not account for Covid when announcing a date a month ago.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Is Shadowlands delayed compared to what Blizzard excepted back in 2019? Absolutely, how could it not. But do not pretend that they could not account for Covid when announcing a date a month ago.
    Can't be THAT delayed as they were shooting for q4 before covid was even a thing.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    where on earth am I saying devs are expected to risk anything?

    In August companies, including Blizzard, had already switched to working from home.
    Not working at 100% isn't relevant when you know your not working at 100% because you've already been working from home for some time.

    They knew the situation in August and they knew the measures. If you announce a date while at reduced efficiency I assume the date to take that reduced efficiency into account.


    Is Shadowlands delayed compared to what Blizzard excepted back in 2019? Absolutely, how could it not. But do not pretend that they could not account for Covid when announcing a date a month ago.
    And.. Where pray tell are they going to get the data for how working from home will mount out? It's a fact that they had no idea how long-term WFH would pan out.

    I'm not saying we'll definitely see a delayed launch. But the state of the game currently is a direct result of their expectations for efficiency not matching reality as it turned out.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    And.. Where pray tell are they going to get the data for how working from home will mount out? It's a fact that they had no idea how long-term WFH would pan out.

    I'm not saying we'll definitely see a delayed launch. But the state of the game currently is a direct result of their expectations for efficiency not matching reality as it turned out.
    5 seconds on google gave me this https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...of_COVID19.php
    Which has a tweet of Blizzard moving to working from home in March.
    I expect them to have a clue about how working from home impacts efficiency 6 months down the line when they announced the Shadowlands release date.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post

    - - - Updated - - -
    Go be alt-right elsewhere.
    hey now. XD

  15. #55
    Stood in the Fire terminaltrip421's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    [A] Azuremyst <US>
    Posts
    447
    "We already have plans to reintroduce all of the transmogs in a future patch. So they’ll only be unobtainable temporarily." and it will only take ~a month to craft each a la the removed blacksmithing specialization recipes added back during mop.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •