Poll: Favourite covenant? (aestethics/theme)

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Favourite covenant? (aestethics/theme)

Simple question - gameplay and balance aside, which covenant is the coolest one for you?

Necrolords
    Night Fae
    <Insert Huge Gap Here>
    Venthyr
    Kyrian

I'm absolutely sick of Kyrian style factions, and gothic wannabe vampires are definitely not my thing either

Honestly? Its hard to say. I am gonna play through all four.

I think my least favorite in terms of Aesthetics is Night Fae. In terms of lore though? All of them are solid and interest concepts.

Theme - Venthyr, but toys, mounts and everything else - Kyrian ... so I'm going Kyrian.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Necrolords
    Night Fae
    <Insert Huge Gap Here>
    Venthyr
    Kyrian

I'm absolutely sick of Kyrian style factions, and gothic wannabe vampires are definitely not my thing either
    Gothic wannabe vampires?

I am pretty damn sure they are based off dracula and nosferatu. Which are the quintessential vampire stories.

I also do not understand the line wanna be gothic. It was literally the arcitectual style back when the stories of dracula became popular.

Venthyr!

Though I am going Necrolord on main for the awesome plate transmog, skeleton bones cloak and cool DK ability.

3+ Year Old Account
    I have the problem that I never grew out of my 15-year-old edgy phase. Hence, Necrolords it is!

I simply love everything about the Night fae. The elven connections, the aesthetic, the storyline, the zone, the music. Everything!

Either Kyrian or Night Fae depending on my mood
    Maldraxxus is third
    Venthyr are a distant fourth.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Ardeanweald looks the most agreeable to me. Aesthetically and narratively. The absolute worst is Maldraxxus, lore-wise, aesthetic-wise just all around a terrible fucking zone with retarded ideas behind it. It gives me an aneurysm when I think about it I hate it so much.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hilarious to see mmo champion adores fairies the most.

I picked Venthyr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bastion and Ardenweald for me so far.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Theme-wise I like Necrolords the most, but for aestethics it's Venthyr. Third is Kyrian and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down below the bottom somewhere lies Night Fae.
    In reality I'm going for what brings most dps unless the difference is tiny. Except Night Fae. The dps boost would have to be VERY noticable for me to go there, I', not vibing wih the design at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Venthyr > Necro Lords > Night Fae > Kyrian

Venthyr and necrolords, but I’ve yet to see any of the covenants as I don’t play the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Hilarious to see mmo champion adores fairies the most.
    It makes sense. It's the faction that approaches more a "high fantasy" setting. So people who enjoy stuff like LotR can resonate more with Night Fae

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    It makes sense. It's the faction that approaches more a "high fantasy" setting. So people who enjoy stuff like LotR can resonate more with Night Fae
    Wow.. well I realy dont want to compare the night feae to lotr. I played through night fea, but lotr is epic, night fea not so much imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Wow.. well I realy dont want to compare the night feae to lotr. I played through night fea, but lotr is epic, night fea not so much imo.
    I mean, i'm not saying it's the same quality or anything. But look at the theme and aesthetics. Eveything that is elve-ish falls into this category more easily than something like Maldraxxus for example.
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-09-29 at 12:03 PM.

Night Fae - aesthetics
    Kyrian - perks
    Venthyr - story
    Necrolords - nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    Necrolords - nothing
    Exactly, ahahaha