Poll: Which covenant are you leaning towards?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which covenant are you leaning towards and why?

I'm deciding between night fae and venthyr

night fae because they have the coolest looking spell and I secretly to play dazzler from xmen in game, and venthyr because that seems to be the best in pvp, and that point to point transport seems nice.
    I am impelled, not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TLH View Post
    I'm deciding between night fae and venthyr

night fae because they have the coolest looking spell and I secretly to play dazzler from xmen in game, and venthyr because that seems to be the best in pvp, and that point to point transport seems nice.
    Venthyr for PvP and Mythic+, however, Kyrion is looking pretty good for PvP to with the vial and the class ability that lets you set up for some decent burst. 10% stacking dmg increase on each ability is pretty nice and it's on a 1min CD. Venthyr is set up better though for PvP just ability wise and conduits.

5+ Year Old Account
    Venthyr without a doubt. DoS is too good to pass up, and the Eternal Sun knows that casters need all the mobility they can put their hands on. Especially now that Shimmer is being nerfed, and Displacement was pruned.

Oh, and the decadent, edgy (even if courtly) ambiance of goes just fine with my OG BE. Also Kael
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    Venthyr for PvP and Mythic+, however, Kyrion is looking pretty good for PvP to with the vial and the class ability that lets you set up for some decent burst. 10% stacking dmg increase on each ability is pretty nice and it's on a 1min CD. Venthyr is set up better though for PvP just ability wise and conduits.
    Not sure how good Venthyr will be after the last round of adjustments. They made it so that a mirror can only proc every 6 seconds, meaning the debuff will have to stick at least 12 seconds in order for the final mirror to pop. In PvP, that's a very long time... unless they also make it undispellable, I don't see it being all that great outside of M+, duels, and against specific comps in 2s.

Necro because of the mog. With Venthyr as a close second for the same reason. I've been avoiding most of the story spoilers so my choice will probably be decided by which one I like the characters of more. Maybe if one ability is way more fun during questing.

Venthyr for my undead mage because I really like them thematically. The other covenant’s abilities are also not interesting enough for me to seriously consider.

Venthyr. Mainly for aesthetic and storyline. The Covenant power is not my favorite though.

Unfortunately depends on ability. Night Fae is the best for dungeons and somewhat good in raids but Kyrian is the best ST for Arcane whereas it's not for Frost or Fire. Venthyr is the best for PvP but it looks dispellable so could be interesting for that as well. Necrolord looks good for cleave and ST for Arcane but not so good for Fire and Frost.

ATM, I hate all of it and I'm not maining mage for that reason. I chose Mage, not 1 spec, but I can't be viable with all 3 specs and it's not even close.
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

night fae - medicore AoE, CDR and mastery

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodravel View Post
    Not sure how good Venthyr will be after the last round of adjustments. They made it so that a mirror can only proc every 6 seconds, meaning the debuff will have to stick at least 12 seconds in order for the final mirror to pop. In PvP, that's a very long time... unless they also make it undispellable, I don't see it being all that great outside of M+, duels, and against specific comps in 2s.
    I believe the trigger is 6 seconds off auto attack only. It was busted in PVE where it would trigger off unknown/invisible abilities on NPC's. This was shown in a couple of videos using the target dummy. I believe it still triggers off any ability and then 6 seconds on auto attacks.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Visual: Fae
    Signature Ability: Fae>Venthyr
    Practicality: ST Kyrian
    General Aesthetic: Venthyr
    Fun but underwhelming: Maldraxxus

Consensus: Anything but Maldraxxus. Spark is use and forget, so is the Venthyr one for PvE at least. Fae is decent, I'd like it to do a little more damage since you gotta go melee and channel for a few secs. Necrolord could have been done better too.

Really love the Night Fae signature ability though.

I'm probably going Kyrian just because I really like the owl guy you can summon.

I might reconside if, closer to release, a Covenant is just obviously a lot stronger or has an ability or soulbind that looks really fun.

ventyr for another blink :P

5+ Year Old Account
    Definitely Bastion. Fits the story of my character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are most frost mages going Venthyr? Is there any merit to going Kyrian?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by majinbebi View Post
    Are most frost mages going Venthyr? Is there any merit to going Kyrian?
    Not as long as the spark is consumed by each tick of Flurry.
    BfA Beta Time

Whatever one performs best for each class.

I'm going for Night Fae due to aesthetics and because I feel like it fits my personality more than any other covenant. The player power aspect is a non-factor. I expect that whatever covenant is OP for whatever class ends up getting nerfed while others get buffed so I am not going to base my choice on power and be stuck with a covenant I don't like when the wheel inevitably turns.

I'm going Night Fae because I like the gear and I like the ability. I've played around with them on beta and the AOE/CDR for dungeons is really nice, which is what I play most.

Probably Venthyr, a second blink seems godly on my goblin mage XD, The mirror ability sounds neat too for BG's, especially with the conduit for aoe silence if triggered a 3rd time. As a frost mage, not really finding value with the other's in my mind.