Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    You can still buy a 3600 though. Nothing is stopping you. And frankly with 5600x being roughly 20-25% better, for budget builds, you should get a 3600 still. Now we don't know if they'll launch a $250 5600 at a later point. They did skip x700 nomenclature as well.. So would expect a cheaper 8 core at some point.
    I agree with you. I would 100% go with AMD right now, probably even without waiting on benchmarks. However, one of the worst quotes in gaming ever is when the XBO launched:

    “Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called Xbox 360.”

    That doesn't make people want to buy your last gen stuff, it makes people want to buy the competition. While what you are saying is 100% true, it isn't a great marketing point imo. I would say that the new products offer more for the money, if I was in marketing. The reality probably is that AMD bases their price off what they can charge, just like Intel has done, and people have hated on and complained about Intel pricing for years, so we can't give AMD a walk on it 100%. They are charging this because they can, imo. I understand, and don't feel entitled to cheap products, but it is a bit disappointing that the second they approach parity the price evens out.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-10-08 at 06:48 PM.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Dunno DDR5 will get a lot of people to upgrade, which should be out late 2021 or early 2022.
    DDR5 isn't going mainstream anytime soon. A 2gb ddr5 stick costs over $100 right now. That group can't afford those prices.

  3. #63
    Waiting for benchmarks. Red vs Blue aura seems strong these days.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Yayeet View Post
    DDR5 isn't going mainstream anytime soon. A 2gb ddr5 stick costs over $100 right now. That group can't afford those prices.
    I did point a time frame over a year away. We know Zen 4 is targeted to be on DDR5 and with AMD pushing a new family out in every 14-16 months, that is roughly Q1 2022 that we see Zen 4.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Yayeet View Post
    DDR5 isn't going mainstream anytime soon. A 2gb ddr5 stick costs over $100 right now. That group can't afford those prices.
    It's going to be sufficiently cheap once major platform designers are ready to adopt it. Ofc the prototypes/pre-market samples are going to cost more, but they're made to facilitate adoption, not to be attractive to a mainstream customer.
    i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz cooled by Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6+ | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000/CL15 @ 3200/CL14 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II / Samson SR850 | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Looks like the days of Intel as gaming kings are over, if leaks are true.

    Ryzen 7 5800X delivers up to 22% higher framerate then the Intel 10900k. Thats a F'ing lot

    AMD Ryzen 7 5800x 8 core 16 thread zen 3 cpu benchmark leaks
    Completely crushing intel?

    Uhhh no.

    Stop with the stupid bullshit. As others have stated, it seems more like Red vs Blue at this point. Even when looking at the data, it isn't as extreme as you're suggesting. Nowhere close.

    While the benchmarks may or may not be true, even with the numbers in them, they are nowhere NEAR being crushed. In fact, even in those images, Intel wins on some factors. That is some bullshit you said to be a biased a$$hole.

    I've bought intel since the P4 systems started to outperform the AMD Althon systems. And now, I have a Ryzen 7 3800x because it is the best bang for your buck for a gamer. I have no allegiance to a specific brand, just what is better at the time with all factors important to me considered.


    So stop with the shitposting and the bullshit hyperbole. Is AMD better than Intel? At some things, for sure. The server market is huge for them, and the consumer market if Intel can't figure out 10nm or 7nm soon, will all be AMD as well. It's cheaper, most of the time, runs cooler and uses less power(thanks to 7nm), but in almost EVERY single-core benchmark or application, Intel wins by a bigger margin than what is presented in this one "leaked" image.

    I really wish the mods were doing their job when people do this stupid shit. Outright lying just to get views on a forum is fucking stupid.

  7. #67
    Maybe you should check the post date? Op is before anything was official.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I can't believe you idiots banned my main forum account because I was only showing you proof of your trolling. I will keep posting here and I will not stop this war. Just stop disrupting roleplay. You have done enough damage already.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Completely crushing intel?

    Uhhh no.

    Stop with the stupid bullshit. As others have stated, it seems more like Red vs Blue at this point. Even when looking at the data, it isn't as extreme as you're suggesting. Nowhere close.

    While the benchmarks may or may not be true, even with the numbers in them, they are nowhere NEAR being crushed. In fact, even in those images, Intel wins on some factors. That is some bullshit you said to be a biased a$$hole.

    I've bought intel since the P4 systems started to outperform the AMD Althon systems. And now, I have a Ryzen 7 3800x because it is the best bang for your buck for a gamer. I have no allegiance to a specific brand, just what is better at the time with all factors important to me considered.


    So stop with the shitposting and the bullshit hyperbole. Is AMD better than Intel? At some things, for sure. The server market is huge for them, and the consumer market if Intel can't figure out 10nm or 7nm soon, will all be AMD as well. It's cheaper, most of the time, runs cooler and uses less power(thanks to 7nm), but in almost EVERY single-core benchmark or application, Intel wins by a bigger margin than what is presented in this one "leaked" image.

    I really wish the mods were doing their job when people do this stupid shit. Outright lying just to get views on a forum is fucking stupid.
    Did you foget to take your chill pil today?

    I im just quoting the damn article. Did your Intel fan boy feelings get hurt?
    Last edited by pansertjald; 2020-10-08 at 07:22 PM.
    Intel core i9 9900k: Gigabyte z390 Aorus Master: PNY RTX 2080 XLR8 OC Twin 8GB: CORSAIR RMx 750W: CORSAIR Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3200MHz: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian li pc-o11 dynamic: Acer Predator xb271hu: Custom water cooled

  9. #69
    Brewmaster Naoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Maybe you should check the post date? Op is before anything was official.
    Isn't that the entire point of his reply? posting nonsense and saying AMD are "crushing" Intel before anything is official is exactly the type of bullshit nobody wants hence he's annoyed but I guess you're the type that likes the spread of false information.

  10. #70
    I think what people should be most impressed by is how AMDs engineers have been if you consider the budget AMD has to work with vs Intel.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Completely crushing intel?

    Uhhh no.

    Stop with the stupid bullshit. As others have stated, it seems more like Red vs Blue at this point. Even when looking at the data, it isn't as extreme as you're suggesting. Nowhere close.

    While the benchmarks may or may not be true, even with the numbers in them, they are nowhere NEAR being crushed. In fact, even in those images, Intel wins on some factors. That is some bullshit you said to be a biased a$$hole.

    I've bought intel since the P4 systems started to outperform the AMD Althon systems. And now, I have a Ryzen 7 3800x because it is the best bang for your buck for a gamer. I have no allegiance to a specific brand, just what is better at the time with all factors important to me considered.


    So stop with the shitposting and the bullshit hyperbole. Is AMD better than Intel? At some things, for sure. The server market is huge for them, and the consumer market if Intel can't figure out 10nm or 7nm soon, will all be AMD as well. It's cheaper, most of the time, runs cooler and uses less power(thanks to 7nm), but in almost EVERY single-core benchmark or application, Intel wins by a bigger margin than what is presented in this one "leaked" image.

    I really wish the mods were doing their job when people do this stupid shit. Outright lying just to get views on a forum is fucking stupid.
    If we take AMD numbers at face value.. They are crushing Intel in certain situations(21% in LoL and 19% in CSGO). This was only a single benchmark after all that the OP linked.

    Edit: quoted the wrong post

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Isn't that the entire point of his reply? posting nonsense and saying AMD are "crushing" Intel before anything is official is exactly the type of bullshit nobody wants hence he's annoyed but I guess you're the type that likes the spread of false information.
    Yes and i state in the damn OP "IF LEAKS ARE TRUE"

    Reading is damn hard for some people
    Intel core i9 9900k: Gigabyte z390 Aorus Master: PNY RTX 2080 XLR8 OC Twin 8GB: CORSAIR RMx 750W: CORSAIR Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3200MHz: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian li pc-o11 dynamic: Acer Predator xb271hu: Custom water cooled

  13. #73
    Brewmaster Naoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Yes and i state in the damn OP "IF LEAKS ARE TRUE"

    Reading is damn hard for some people
    Imagine reading all sorts of fake bullshit all over the internet if everyone just put "if leaks are true". You could've said "based on leaks" AMD are crushing Intel in the topic but no, you went full on bullshit with COMPLETELY, admit you made a thread full of bullshit and stop making excuses.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Ryzen 7 5800X delivers up to 22% higher framerate then the Intel 10900k. Thats a F'ing lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Imagine reading all sorts of fake bullshit all over the internet if everyone just put "if leaks are true". You could've said "based on leaks" AMD are crushing Intel in the topic but no, you went full on bullshit with COMPLETELY, admit you made a thread full of bullshit and stop making excuses.
    Yeah about that.. We didn't see numbers for the 5800x(but let's be honest it's likely just as good at gaming as a 5900x), but they did show 21%(LoL) and 19%(CSGO) up from a 10900k with a 5900x.

    And now let's read what pansertjald actually said. "Ryzen 7 5800X delivers up to 22% higher framerate then the Intel 10900k. Thats a F'ing lot"

    So.. up to 22%. I don't really see anything false in his comment. This topic might be a bit of a hyperbole as it was based on a single benchmark, but the OP had no actual bullshit in it. Other than the leaked benchmark being somewhat unreliable.

  15. #75
    Brewmaster Naoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Yeah about that.. We didn't see numbers for the 5800x(but let's be honest it's likely just as good at gaming as a 5900x), but they did show 21%(LoL) and 19%(CSGO) up from a 10900k with a 5900x.

    And now let's read what pansertjald actually said. "Ryzen 7 5800X delivers up to 22% higher framerate then the Intel 10900k. Thats a F'ing lot"

    So.. up to 22%. I don't really see anything false in his comment. This topic might be a bit of a hyperbole as it was based on a single benchmark, but the OP had no actual bullshit in it. Other than the leaked benchmark being somewhat unreliable.
    I'm talking about the title "completely crushing Intel" based on a leaked benchmark is bullshit at best but let's wait and see more benchmarks before we call anything "completely crushing".

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Did you foget to take your chill pil today?

    I im just quoting the damn article. Did your Intel fan boy feelings get hurt?
    Ignoring the 7 different grammar and spelling mistakes in your 2 sentence reply, I'm quite chill. Just dislike folks who lie for the sole purpose of getting attention.

    But you obviously have a big issue with reading, as I stated on two separate occasions that I have no brand loyalties, as well as stating what is currently in my main system. Neither of which are Intel. So either you can't read or you're just really fucking stupid.

    https://images.idgesg.net/images/art...61368-orig.jpg

    If the R9 5900x is "barely" faster than the i9-10900k, no way the lower end R7 is 22% faster.

    But instead of waiting for facts, or you know actual data. You shitpost, intentionally making the title clickbait.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Ignoring the 7 different grammar and spelling mistakes in your 2 sentence reply, I'm quite chill. Just dislike folks who lie for the sole purpose of getting attention.

    But you obviously have a big issue with reading, as I stated on two separate occasions that I have no brand loyalties, as well as stating what is currently in my main system. Neither of which are Intel. So either you can't read or you're just really fucking stupid.

    https://images.idgesg.net/images/art...61368-orig.jpg

    If the R9 5900x is "barely" faster than the i9-10900k, no way the lower end R7 is 22% faster.

    But instead of waiting for facts, or you know actual data. You shitpost, intentionally making the title clickbait.
    Are you on drugs or something?
    Intel core i9 9900k: Gigabyte z390 Aorus Master: PNY RTX 2080 XLR8 OC Twin 8GB: CORSAIR RMx 750W: CORSAIR Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3200MHz: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian li pc-o11 dynamic: Acer Predator xb271hu: Custom water cooled

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Are you on drugs or something?
    Christ, you must be REALLY special.

    Again, ignoring the chance to respond to my reply and just acting like you're a defenseless person while deflecting.

    Pathetic.

    If you're gonna shitpost and do things for clickbait, at least be an adult and up own to it. Don't act like a petulant child.

  19. #79
    The chips hardware is obviously superior now. My next request to AMD now.. please get your shit together with BIOS and other hardware support so I don't have to update those things every 4 weeks.

    I do suggest waiting on all final judgements until reviews get their hands on the product. Then, after the scalpers control the market for 6 months, we might get one unless going to ebay and paying 80% markup is a good thing.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    The chips hardware is obviously superior now. My next request to AMD now.. please get your shit together with BIOS and other hardware support so I don't have to update those things every 4 weeks.

    I do suggest waiting on all final judgements until reviews get their hands on the product. Then, after the scalpers control the market for 6 months, we might get one unless going to ebay and paying 80% markup is a good thing.
    If I had anything negative to say about AMD it would be this.

    Having to update things so often, is honestly worrisome. Knowing how many things can go bad with bios updates or firmware updates on hardware that is sensitive to change is scary.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •