Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Angry Blizzard takes advantage of us way too much.

I do apologize if this comes off as a bit of a rant but I do want to hear what you guys have to say I will try and keep it pretty level though.

As the most recent blue post is blizzard seeking our assistance in order to test their systems I think we should reflect on why we should or shouldn't give them FREE assistance.

I'm going to start off with; In no way shape or form am I willing to give them free help when I consistently feel used by them as an organization. They have been anything but transparent with shadow lands as of now, i mean WE DO NOT EVEN HAVE A PREPATCH DATE. It truly blows my mind that a company will come to the forums to request assistance despite having fed us lies about shadow lands from start to finish, the most glaring in this instance being that they said the SL prepatch was going to be a long one, now we are set for this to be the shortest to date.

On top of this, I do not understand (and really would like some insight from the people who have done this) why we would want to do it another example being. When they asked us for class feedback from the beta and the people who poured countless hours into play testing every aspect of their class was left waiting up to 4 months on a response. These wearnt just Class bad fix numbers responses either, they're where abilities and passives not even registering, sadly though it seems a lot of the bugs and class issues are still rampant effectively wasting all of those peoples time.

Why is it that we cannot at least receive something in game for effectively doing blizzards job for them by supplying them with a surplus of needed info with a days notice. The lack of communication is severely lacking if just out right non existent, as of now I do not intend on logging into the PTR tomorrow.

EDIT #1: This is a key point in why I think we shouldn't and I need to make it clear up here. Your information as a consumer is worth far more than your $15 a month to these companies. Whenever you help them knowingly or unknowingly you are putting them into a better position at no cost to create a new product and turn around to sell it to you at full price. Being the person who helps in the betas, or the stress tests, or whatever free work you do for blizzard should be incentivized for you. You are making them money, thats the cut and dry of it, every bit of data you give them for free helps them make more money. The amount in which they rely on us for free information I find really disgusting, I know some will call me entitled by real world example here:

-As a teen I used to go focus groups to "test" and give feed back on products from soda to toys, and it would only pay me like 40 bucks for the 2-3 hours i was there but it was enough for me to want to do it. All blizzard does is say "thanks for the help" in a forum post and goes dark on us for another month or two.
    Last edited by Anderson; 2020-09-30 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trialle View Post
    I do apologize if this comes off as a bit of a rant but I do want to hear what you guys have to say I will try and keep it pretty level though.

As the most recent blue post is blizzard seeking our assistance in order to test their systems I think we should reflect on why we should or shouldn't give them FREE assistance.

I'm going to start off with; In no way shape or form am I willing to give them free help when I consistently feel used by them as an organization. They have been anything but transparent with shadow lands as of now, i mean WE DO NOT EVEN HAVE A PREPATCH DATE. It truly blows my mind that a company will come to the forums to request assistance despite having fed us lies about shadow lands from start to finish, the most glaring in this instance being that they said the SL prepatch was going to be a long one, now we are set for this to be the shortest to date.

On top of this, I do not understand (and really would like some insight from the people who have done this) why we would want to do it another example being. When they asked us for class feedback from the beta and the people who poured countless hours into play testing every aspect of their class was left waiting up to 4 months on a response. These wearnt just Class bad fix numbers responses either, they're where abilities and passives not even registering, sadly though it seems a lot of the bugs and class issues are still rampant effectively wasting all of those peoples time.

Why is it that we cannot at least receive something in game for effectively doing blizzards job for them by supplying them with a surplus of needed info with a days notice. The lack of communication is severely lacking if just out right non existent, as of now I do not intend on logging into the PTR tomorrow/
    Then dont. Blizzard owes you nothing to test their products. Some people are happy to do so. Some aren't. If you see no benefit then that is fine. What isn't fine is thinking you are entitled to a reward in testing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    why did you repost a already locked thread?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    because some people dont get the hint and keep being upset.

I remember the times when there was something like this happening and people thought it was awesome and a lot of hype.

Things like this is only a positive in my view and therefore should be celebrated.

Going to catch a movie usually cost me 20 euros. A movie is 3 hours tops of entertainment.

For 13 euro or whatever there is for a sub I get hundreds of hours of entertainment.

The least I can do in return is show up for 30 minutes to events like this. Reward is also in 10 years I can say "I was there"

Imagine what this guy will do when he realizes he doesn't get a golden goose in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    Because me and the moderator talked in private messages and he said if I reword it for more of a discussion and less like a rant it will pass. This is my new version.

So help me understand OP. You're angry at Blizzard because they do public PTR and beta tests? Like they've been doing for how many years?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Because me and the moderator talked in private messages and he said if I reword it for more of a discussion and less like a rant it will pass. This is my new version.
    You are complaining about a stress test. The absolute absurdity of your "rant" can be deconstructed by simply reading what kind of test they're conducting.

I see a lot of you saying that I sound like I am entitled to something? Do you folks not understand how valueable this information is for them? Like thousands and thousands of dollars would be spent trying to recreate the experience on their end when instead the go to the forums and ask you all to do it for them. In the digital age your data is worth far more than you guys seem to realize, and if a company wants to have access to it why should they get it for free?

10+ Year Old Account
    I see a lot of you saying that I sound like I am entitled to something? Do you folks not understand how valueable this information is for them? Like thousands and thousands of dollars would be spent trying to recreate the experience on their end when instead the go to the forums and ask you all to do it for them. In the digital age your data is worth far more than you guys seem to realize, and if a company wants to have access to it why should they get it for free?
    ...Becuase other big companies simply don't heed feedback on a level Blizzard does and or has. Why the fuck someone want to be paid for "feedback" Are they high on their own ego?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Because people will offer it for free. Blizzard exists to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So help me understand OP. You're angry at Blizzard because they do public PTR and beta tests? Like they've been doing for how many years?
    no, because there is no pay for it. read: 'As the most recent blue post is blizzard seeking our assistance in order to test their systems I think we should reflect on why we should or shouldn't give them FREE assistance.'

and: 'Why is it that we cannot at least receive something in game for effectively doing blizzards job for them'

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You are complaining about a stress test. The absolute absurdity of your "rant" can be deconstructed by simply reading what kind of test they're conducting.
    The stress test is the most recent thing, thats also why I included how the beta testers where treated for their efforts. They are requesting that we take time out of our normal day and play schedule for them, if that doesnt sound like something that should come with incentive im preaching to the choir here.

theres plenty who would love to take your spot.

You benefit from having a game that functions with less bugs. Settle down Mr Gekko

Why is it that we cannot at least receive something in game for effectively doing blizzards job for them by supplying them with a surplus of needed info with a days notice. The lack of communication is severely lacking if just out right non existent, as of now I do not intend on logging into the PTR tomorrow/
    PTRs and stress tests are a thing since online games are in existence but somehow it's always the evil Blizzard taking advantage of people

Fuck this forum is getting worse every year...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ...Becuase other big companies simply don't heed feedback on a level Blizzard does and or has. Why the fuck someone want to be paid for "feedback" Are they high on their own ego?
    Lol do you not know the millions of dollars companies put into trying to get peoples feedback? The people are what make you money, if the people dont give feedback your product sucks, if your product sucks you dont make money. So why should the people helping you make a better product then only receive your next product at a premium price when their time and information helped you perfect it for profit.

"I consistently feel used by them as an organization."

And it didn't go further then this to invalidate your ENTIRE post

You are not BEING used by blizzard. you LET THEM. You pay them money on your own free accord. If you feel like blizzard is using you, obviously you are not getting your moneys worth. so cancel your sub and never look back. And that is how easy it was to fix that problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol do you not know the millions of dollars companies put into trying to get peoples feedback? The people are what make you money, if the people dont give feedback your product sucks, if your product sucks you dont make money. So why should the people helping you make a better product then only receive your next product at a premium price when their time and information helped you perfect it for profit.
    Millions yeah.. thats why EA is always implementing our feedback in an honest way @_@
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi