Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

WoD getting nerfs to XP in Shadowlands

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318254/...lands-leveling

I know a lot of folks had their eye on WoD leveling, but this may level the playing field somewhat. I can see folks being angry about it, or happy about not feeling like it's the only path.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

If anyone really thought it would stay the same broken leveling, idk what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=318254/...lands-leveling

I know a lot of folks had their eye on WoD leveling, but this may level the playing field somewhat. I can see folks being angry about it, or happy about not feeling like it's the only path.
    IT was expected of course but as if it was actually hit live (right now) boyyy there gonna be alot outrages, threats and stuff you know. Take this advantage with 100% exp buff till it's gone then.

If they're angry then they're irrational. WoD levelling was much too fast and any idiot could see it.

I guess it's only a problem for poor idiots because a rich one would just buy a boost to avoid playing a game they're paying a monthly fee for.

people are having mental breakdowns because it will take 2 hours longer to level

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    people are having mental breakdowns because it will take 2 hours longer to level
    Not even, DesMephisto was saying 1-1.5 hrs.

It takes 6 hours to get to 50, it really doesn't matter anymore lol.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Yeah, i cant imagine why anyone would complain about 7 minutes per level. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Yeah, i cant imagine why anyone would complain about 7 minutes per level. lol
    It's MMO champion. Ion could make a post just saying "Hello, how are you all?" and MMO champion would be filled with people foaming at the mouth to complain with the usual bingo card points.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Yup, especially with a good dungeon group the levels just fly by.

Pandaren treasures have also been heavily nerfed for anyone wondering. They now give like a quarter of your average quest XP.

i hope that theyll balance the expansions somewhat equally, so i dont feel like a dumb timewasting fool if i wanna try some of the other expacs than wod.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    i hope that theyll balance the expansions somewhat equally, so i dont feel like a dumb timewasting fool if i wanna try some of the other expacs than wod.
    DO you want to experience the content or speedlevel?

Your post is confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    That's why I kinda wish 60 will be pernament cap (squish to 50 every two years), so they won't have to rebalance all for 10-60 next expac. This way they could just polish existing XP gains and bring them closer and closer, only SL content would require switch from 50-60 to 10-50.

Even with nerf WoD is good for leveling, don't ever pick Outland/Northrend/Cata zones for leveling, they are too slow, quest items have lower chance to drop/on long cd

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if you thought the bonus objectives exp would stay like that. lul
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    If they're angry then they're irrational. WoD levelling was much too fast and any idiot could see it.

I guess it's only a problem for poor idiots because a rich one would just buy a boost to avoid playing a game they're paying a monthly fee for.
    Well... unless they want heritage armor.... cant buy that sport.

Wonder if you can use party sync and level to 50-60 in draenor :thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Wonder if you can use party sync and level to 50-60 in draenor :thinking:
    Lol sure why not, just don't forget to return to SL and finish ALL 4 zones to pick you covenant.

Damn, and here I have been holding off on leveling because everyone was saying it is so much faster in Shadowlands. Once I have wasted my time leveling once I have a very hard time wanting to do it again. I wish I could just do the leveling once each xpac then just get a boost button for all my alts.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Damn, and here I have been holding off on leveling because everyone was saying it is so much faster in Shadowlands. Once I have wasted my time leveling once I have a very hard time wanting to do it again. I wish I could just do the leveling once each xpac then just get a boost button for all my alts.
    It is faster, WoD was just busted vs other xpacs. This should ideally bring it more in line with other xpacs. Which is still going to be tremendously faster than live.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.