Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurmat View Post
    Even with nerf WoD is good for leveling, don't ever pick Outland/Northrend/Cata zones for leveling, they are too slow, quest items have lower chance to drop/on long cd
    It's amazing how horrible it is to quest in Outland, the pacing is shockingly slow although I personally think Northrend is very good and go there instead at 60 and stay until I can get to MoP then WoD, always avoid Outland and Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=318254/...lands-leveling

I know a lot of folks had their eye on WoD leveling, but this may level the playing field somewhat. I can see folks being angry about it, or happy about not feeling like it's the only path.
    I was more than expecting that. WoD leveling is absurdly fast. Each 'zone event' can give you almost a whole level on completion XP alone.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

I’d be hesitant to call a readjustment like that a nerf in a beta.
    The entire levelling experience is being realigned. This is like calling the heirloom change a nerf; they are definitely less powerful compared to other armours than they were before, but you will level even quicker after the change anyway.

So since the changes had not hit live, I would not call it a nerf. However, placing the different expansions at a reasonably similar pace makes a lot of sense. You can still do WoD just fine. And with that line of thinking, WoD lasts you a whole lot longer, rather than just 10 levels, you can do it for, what is it now, 40? So to all of you who loves WoD, consider it a buff!

Myself, I will buy a secondary account (my main account is very nearly capped in both characters and levels) so I can level characters in each of the different EK and Kalimdor zones that I outleveled waay too quickly last time I tried (Legion pre-revamp), so that I now can get a feel of the zones, as well as finish up my last heritage armours (eg, all the non-Void Elf Alliance ones).

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    I expected it to be balanced, so no surprise. Not sure why people were making minmaxing plans based on wod being fastest to level through on pre-balance beta. Finding something out of balance in beta, pointing it out as something to take advantage of, then complaining when it's balanced before live seems to happen a whole lot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I’d be hesitant to call a readjustment like that a nerf in a beta.
    The entire levelling experience is being realigned. This is like calling the heirloom change a nerf; they are definitely less powerful compared to other armours than they were before, but you will level even quicker after the change anyway.

So since the changes had not hit live, I would not call it a nerf. However, placing the different expansions at a reasonably similar pace makes a lot of sense. You can still do WoD just fine. And with that line of thinking, WoD lasts you a whole lot longer, rather than just 10 levels, you can do it for, what is it now, 40? So to all of you who loves WoD, consider it a buff!

Myself, I will buy a secondary account (my main account is very nearly capped in both characters and levels) so I can level characters in each of the different EK and Kalimdor zones that I outleveled waay too quickly last time I tried (Legion pre-revamp), so that I now can get a feel of the zones, as well as finish up my last heritage armours (eg, all the non-Void Elf Alliance ones).

Fair enough, I was just using the term in the colloquial sense. I'd say we get about a thread a week asking what is the best way to level in SL, and invariably, WoD would be cited due to it's inherent bonuses. As agm114r said, I prefer to not repeat zones just so I keep it fresh. Although with 8 120's at the moment There is not much leveling left for me.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I'd prefer it be balanced. Spamming WoD for every alt you level wouldn't have been very fun. Bellular said that leveling through WoD got him to max level in 6 hours roughly and the speed leveler said this would add about an hour and a half to the leveling speed, so about 8 hours? Seems fair to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    i hope that theyll balance the expansions somewhat equally, so i dont feel like a dumb timewasting fool if i wanna try some of the other expacs than wod.
    ...you realize you're playing a video game for entertainment right - so any time spent, that you enjoy, is not really wasted.

Maybe its not pointed in the most productive direction, but if you're concerned about wasting time in WoW - oof, not sure what to tell you.

They will never balance some expansions like Outland, it is the worst expansion for leveling

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Fair enough, I was just using the term in the colloquial sense. I'd say we get about a thread a week asking what is the best way to level in SL, and invariably, WoD would be cited due to it's inherent bonuses. As agm114r said, I prefer to not repeat zones just so I keep it fresh. Although with 8 120's at the moment There is not much leveling left for me.
    Well. We are all different. I only have 15 at 120, but them included I have 38 or 39 characters that are 110+. And I don’t consider that I’m “done” with levelling.
    I have definitely done more repeats of zones than I have done unique routes, which is why I want to get a second account so I can just finish the Kalimdor and EK-zones. As well as doing the quests in zones like Shadowmoon Valley (TBC), Netherstorm (TBC) and nearly all of Outland (Alliance). I also haven’t done Sholazar Basin, Storm Peaks or Icecrown on either side, I have never finished Vashj’ir or Twilight Highlands, I haven’t done any zone in MoP outside of the MoP-Beta et c...
    Then again, I’ve only played since the EU release in 2005 (I didn’t buy the MoP expansion and sat that one out)
    So I still have a lot of Wow to do, and now that I cannot overlevel an expansion, I will enjoy this a whole lot I feel

I am one of those rare people that level characters because I want to see the different zones, different gear and the storylines. So I think this is a good change as I will not feel I picked the worst expansions the 4 out of 5 times I don't pick WOD.

I know I am a bit crazy.

Also WOD has still the best leveling experience aside from the bonus objectives. So its still a very good pick.

People have been levelling from 10-50 in 6-8 hours.

I'll be the first to admit that I despise the levelling experience. I always tell myself that I'll go through the story route this time, but sitting AFK in a city and just AFKing until an LFD pops is so much easier than actually going out into the world.

Eventually, I find myself at around level 83, real bored with it, and unwilling to continue trying to level it. I think "I've done this same routine for 83 damn levels, and the XP gain feels like it's dropping off". The character stays there, and I never return to it. I'd rather start a new character than try to pick it up again.

If I can level in 8-10 hours in the world, then that feels like it's going to be more efficient than waiting ages for LFD queues to pop. 1 level (on average) per dungeon. Let's say 30 minutes queue time, then another 20 minutes running the dungeon. In that same time, I could have gained ~4 levels in the world just from questing (assuming 8 hours for 10-50, that's 5 levels per hour).

Maybe dungeons have been scaled too in the patch. I would rather see questing be competitive, or maybe even more efficient, than dungeons when it comes to levelling. I am truly looking forwards to trying out the new levelling flow. Even if I'll be aiming to maximize my XP, I might actually bother to take the time to learn about all those quest chains I skipped.

If one expansion was significantly better than the others, then it would still have the same problem as it does now (just without taking as much time).

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    i hope that theyll balance the expansions somewhat equally, so i dont feel like a dumb timewasting fool if i wanna try some of the other expacs than wod.
    The speed difference really shouldn't be that big in the grand scheme of things with all options being insanely fast compared to live, so just level where you want to level.

10+ Year Old Account
    leveling through WoD was my least favorite part of the 1-120 experience, so fine by me. With the new leveling system, I was content to never set foot in WOD again.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy leveling more than end game content. So any nerfs to leveling speed are most welcome. 8 or so hours it will take now to level to 50 is way too fast to my liking, Hopefully there will be ways to slow exp somehow, but not lock it completely.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Happy days. I'd always planned to level wherever I fancied at the time, but not having that constant gnawing voice at the back of my head telling me i'm being massively ineffective will be nice.

Some expansions are always going to be faster, but I don't want there to be a clear winner like there was.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2020-09-30 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    DO you want to experience the content or speedlevel?

Your post is confusing.

Nobody should be shocked they nerfed bonus objective XP, it was even better than treasures, especially in Gorgrond where they were so many. I currently can do 90-100 doing JUST Gorgrond bonus objectives + a couple extra in Talador. With flying, it takes about an hour in total.

The shocking part is they only pushed this change yesterday (and also the scaling for 8.3 content). Shows that the pre-patch was not ready to go a month out from SL release.

Also, an easier fix to make BC and WoTLK zones more "efficient" without need a whole quest redesign... Blizzard could just set the quests there to give 10 or 15% more XP for completion, whatever amount would keep it on par with the newer zones that have better layout and quest flow.

I wonder what about those mop treasure chests that grants xp all over in mop? Has it been nerfed yet?

I would rather need more time in a good expansion than less time in a shitty expansion. WoD was pretty bad overall but leveling was supreme. I just hope they dont nerf the exp from treasures and bonus objectives that much.

You can easily level 10 levels in WoD in a few quick hours by just picking up all the stupid treasures, not even killing a single mob and that's how I leveled 10 of my alts thought Draenor in BfA.