Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    If they're angry then they're irrational. WoD levelling was much too fast and any idiot could see it.

I guess it's only a problem for poor idiots because a rich one would just buy a boost to avoid playing a game they're paying a monthly fee for.
    Or A.

People that have done leveling over and over again and eventually get tired of doing the exact same old content for the Umpteen time.

B.

People that aren't a fan of either being an altholic or never liked low leveling in the first place.

I think a level field is better, so that you don't feel forced to quest through WOD whenever you start a new character. The idea was to offer *choice* after all. And this IS still beta. To think that everything would come out the way it is, is silly.

Me, I'm still going to dungeon spam, because that's the playstyle I enjoy, even if it takes quite a few hours longer. The overall experience is still more fun to me.

WoD leveling was fine when it encompassed 10 of 120 levels, but it couldn't be left alone with the new system.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Or A.

People that have done leveling over and over again and eventually get tired of doing the exact same old content for the Umpteen time.

B.

People that aren't a fan of either being an altholic or never liked low leveling in the first place.
    If you're A then get over it. It's still a ridiculously short amount of time in comparison to before. I got to 44 on the ptr just doing the first zone in BfA and 3 or 4 dungeons. And if you're B it won't affect you at all, you don't level multiple alts.

Now they need to just do a zone wide buff for TBC/Wrath/Cata(?) that increases the exp/gold gains and quest drops in them. Choosing an expansion other than the last 3 shouldn't be a punishment to the player. They should be chalking it up to learning since then and fixing the problem now. Especially with quest drops. And they need to fix all the gear in the earlier expansions as well. I knew they would completely half-ass this chromie time "let you choose which expansion you want to play" BS. All that focus on temporary covenants instead of fixing the longstanding problems of the game and it's many expansions.

I think a level field is better, so that you don't feel forced to quest through WOD whenever you start a new character. The idea was to offer *choice* after all. And this IS still beta. To think that everything would come out the way it is, is silly.
    Chromie time and level squish are in the prepatch. And it's nowhere near a level playing field. You can either level in a timely manner in the last 3 expansions or slow as hell in the first 3. I'm not sure where MoP sits though. And then there's the quest reward disparity.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2020-10-01 at 06:30 PM.
    I'm a thread killer.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Autoriot View Post
    Also, an easier fix to make BC and WoTLK zones more "efficient" without need a whole quest redesign... Blizzard could just set the quests there to give 10 or 15% more XP for completion, whatever amount would keep it on par with the newer zones that have better layout and quest flow.
    Buffing quest items drop rate could also work. There are some really annoying grindy quests in Outland/Northrend, because quest items simply won't drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    IT was expected of course but as if it was actually hit live (right now) boyyy there gonna be alot outrages, threats and stuff you know. Take this advantage with 100% exp buff till it's gone then.
    Leveling will still be faster in prepatch than now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    That's why I kinda wish 60 will be pernament cap (squish to 50 every two years), so they won't have to rebalance all for 10-60 next expac. This way they could just polish existing XP gains and bring them closer and closer, only SL content would require switch from 50-60 to 10-50.
    Could also then scale up old raids to be "LFR" tier loot or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Well... unless they want heritage armor.... cant buy that sport.
    If you don't have it by now, you don't want it. It's been a year, in some cases two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    I expected it to be balanced, so no surprise. Not sure why people were making minmaxing plans based on wod being fastest to level through on pre-balance beta. Finding something out of balance in beta, pointing it out as something to take advantage of, then complaining when it's balanced before live seems to happen a whole lot.
    People seem to somehow get dumber with each passing year/expansion.

Most of the "outrage" and whining is driven by streamers though.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    That's why I kinda wish 60 will be pernament cap (squish to 50 every two years), so they won't have to rebalance all for 10-60 next expac. This way they could just polish existing XP gains and bring them closer and closer, only SL content would require switch from 50-60 to 10-50.
    I love this idea. Its leaves open the potential for lvl 50 alts that will have a TONS of stuff to do. I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn20 View Post
    People have been levelling from 10-50 in 6-8 hours.

I'll be the first to admit that I despise the levelling experience. I always tell myself that I'll go through the story route this time, but sitting AFK in a city and just AFKing until an LFD pops is so much easier than actually going out into the world.

Eventually, I find myself at around level 83, real bored with it, and unwilling to continue trying to level it. I think "I've done this same routine for 83 damn levels, and the XP gain feels like it's dropping off". The character stays there, and I never return to it. I'd rather start a new character than try to pick it up again.
    The level per hour rate starts to slow down in that range, which is why you get discouraged. Part of the new leveling experience is to smooth that out a bit because it happens to a lot of people.

I do the same with dungeon queuing, except as a tank so all my queues are instant. Lately there has been a big issue with griefing (either healers DPSing instead of healing, or DPS using pet taunts/pulling packs of stuff). The tools to combat this are insufficient, as mouthbreathers are unwilling to vote out the bads ruining the dungeon.

They really need to make the LFD tool auto-boot DPS who initiate combat, or use a taunt ability. If the tank dies, the healer shouldn't be auto booted, but should be warned that X tank deaths in Y time period will remove their ability to queue as a healer for Z weeks.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    i hope that theyll balance the expansions somewhat equally, so i dont feel like a dumb timewasting fool if i wanna try some of the other expacs than wod.
    As long as you're enjoying the content, fuck what anyone else thinks.